+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

I boil some Charlotte (or jersey royal) potatoes and then press down with a fork, spray liberally with spray oil (butter fry light will be good for this) add salt, pepper and fresh chopped rosemary and then roast at 200C for about 45 minutes!

Brill recipe only a few spices needed. I cooked it from a new book not out just yet.

I am featuring it for my review blog and I now have the job of cooking and converting a recipe for S/W.

1 tbsp extra virgin oil (adapted from 2 tbsps veg oil)
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
2.5cm/1in piece root ginger, peeled and
finely chopped
4 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 tsp garam masala
½ tsp turmeric
1½ tsp salt ( I use less but it tastes bests with that amount)
500g boneless, skinless chicken, cut into thin strips I used breast)
1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
juice of ½ lemon
rice, to serve

Heat a heavy pan/wok over a medium heat and add the oil.

Chuck in the cumin seeds, allow them to crackle for 10 seconds, then add the onion.
Stir-fry for 3–4 minutes, or until the onion starts turning golden, then add the green chilli, ginger, tomatoes, garam masala, turmeric and salt.

Mix well and stir-fry for 5–6 minutes, or until the tomatoes have started to break down and form a sauce. I lower the heat as it has not enough liquid and also add a tiny amount of water if tomatoes not juicy.

2 Add the chicken and green pepper, mix again reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 12–15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.

Add the lemon juice and give it one last mix.

If you like aromatic and tasty curry try this, my son hates hot curry he even posted on Facebook how good it was (now thats the height of cool in his eyes!!)

The chillies were the Tesco mixed packet they have large red and green assorted I used two thirds of a large one. If hotter chillis ( Scotch Bonnet etc) adjust to suit as the dish is more about flavour than heat.

I served Basmati rice with 0% Greek yogurt, with chopped cucumber and sprinkled with paprika.

Then a raw salsa (fed up with salad)
fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
1 small red onion finely chopped
3 mild chillies, finely chopped ( I used 1 large)
bunch of coriander finely chopped
salt to taste
Lime juice freshly squeezed
1 tbsp water

Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and serve straight away.

Yes I did. The lamb took 1hr 30mins to cook so I boiled the potatoes for the first 30 mins then it joined the lamb to roast together for the last hour.

Dinner last night, spaghetti bolognaise with broccoli & courgettes

IMG-20110705-00026.jpg

That's one of my favourite meals Honey, including the brocolli and courgettes (think those are my fav veg! )

Aw really? They're my faves too :D

Dinner tonight was pan fried salmon, mixed peppers, courgette and tomatoes with rice

8ed065cd.jpg

if you meant the curry here tis

i cheated,i used apacket of scwartz thai curry mix 7 syns for the whole packet,mine was spit between two of us.you will need to use your hea of milk or syn it for the mix

the rice i boiled 2 boil in the bag rice pouches,while that was boiling i fryed off some onion and mushrooms,then took them out the pan and do some scrambled type eggs,i used four,then when they scrambled add back in the onion,mushrooms,then stir in the hot cooked rice give that a stir then pour over some soy sauce...job done....

i suppose you could add anything you like to the rice

i done oads so enough rice for dinner tomorrow,yummy,

enjoy x

Aw man gonnabesmall that curry looks seriously good

Thank you! They're from my organic veg box that came this morning, beyond delicious! Who knew roasted broccoli would be so yummy! Gosh that second pic looks like some weird magazine shot with an invisible plate!

Back