1 spring onion
1 clove garlic
1/2 a green pepper
Pinch of red chilli flakes
About 1 cup frozen spinach
2oz parmesan, grated
Salt & pepper
Spray oil

Heat your pan and spray with oil spray, soften the spring onions and green pepper. Add garlic and chilli flakes.

Meanwhile break and separate your eggs (you don't have to do this, I did because I wanted a big omelette and 4 whole eggs each was excessive, even by SW standards lol). Defrost the spinach and chop finely, add to the eggs. Add the softened onions and pepper to the eggs and beat well. Season and pour into the fry pan. Turn the heat to low.

As the eggs cook, push the edges to the center and swirl the pan so the raw runny egg can slide to the edges. When partly firm, sprinkle with parmesan, cover tightly with a lid and allow to "steam" for about 15 minutes until cooked and all the cheese is melted. I prefer to do it this way rather than grill because the cheese stays really creamy and delicious and the egg is sooo soft and light.

Last edited:
Pete's 30 Dinner

Hi All.
Here's Yesterdays Dinner.Late in the afternoon so a quick trip to the Supermarket.

Pete’s 30 min Dinner
Using pre-packaged food

Serves 4

Ingredients

2 level tbsp runny honey
3 tbsp light soy sauce
Dark Soy sauce
1 Pack of 4 Salmon Fillets
1 300 g pack of noodles
1 Pack of Mixed Veg
1 Pack of Salad

Method

Put the honey and soy sauce in a shallow heat-proof dish. Add the salmon and turn the fish to coat it. Leave for 15 mins to marinate.

Place the veg in a oven-proof dish, spray with Fry light and place in the oven at 180c, keep turning from time to time.

Prepare the Salad

Preheat the grill to medium-high

Place the salmon still in the dish and grill for 15 mins turning it once.

Place the Noodles in the Microwave with the bag opened! Cook for 3 mins then leave for 1 min.

Place the veg & noodles on a dinner plate and add the Salmon, spice with the Dark Soy Sauce & add the salad.

Attachments

• 30 min dinner-1 (Large).JPG
    30 min dinner-1 (Large).JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 172
  • 30 min dinner-2 (Large).JPG
    30 min dinner-2 (Large).JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Dinner tonight was grilled lamb chops with sweet potato fries, corn and salad

3b5513e2.jpg

More Recipes

Hi All.
here are two more recipes, one is an improvement on the old recipe, that''s the Egg Custard

Pete’s Baked Egg Custards 2
(Original recipe from Minimins)

Serves 6
Free if you use your Milk as Hea

Ingredients

3 Large Eggs
400mL skimmed Milk
(From your daily allowance)
3 Heaped Tbsp sweetener
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Nutmeg

Method

Preheat the oven, set at 150c.
Warm the milk, whisk the eggs, vanilla & sweetener.
Pour the warm milk onto the eggs mixture, stirring as you go.
Pour into ramekins and sprinkle with nutmeg.

Use a tin with a wire tray inside, place the ramekins on it and fill the tin with boiling water until it is halfway up the ramekins.

Place on the middle shelf of the oven for 30 mins or until they are set.
Remove from the oven and leave on the tray until cool then transfer to the fridge to chill.

Enjoy.
Pete’s Cowboy Sausage & Beans
Hot & Spicy!

Serves 4
½ Syn per person

Ingredients

4 Sainsbury’s Low Fat Cumberland Sausages
1 Tin Baked Beans
1 Tin Cannellini Beans
1 Tin Borlotti Beans
4 Slices Smoked Bacon, (all fat removed)
1 Jar of Passata
1 Medium Onion
1 Tsp Mixed Herbs

*Home Made BBQ sauce*

Method

Cut and brown the onion in a pan sprayed in Fry Light, cook the sausage & Bacon until browned, remove the sausages and cut into 16 pieces. Cut the bacon into small pieces.

Place the onion, sausage & bacon in a deep heavy based pot, add the Passata, the drained Beans, herbs and cook for 5 mins,

Add 3 Tbsp. BBQ sauce, cook, covered with a lid, for at least 30 mins until the sauce thickens stirring to ensure that all ingredients are coated with the sauce.

Serve with Home Made chips and or Salad.

*Recipe for the BBQ sauce*

Onion peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp. mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz. passata
3 tbsp. artificial sweetener
4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. mustard powder

Method

Spray a pan with fry light and sauté the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

Stir in the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened. Blitz with a hand blender for a finer mix.

Attachments

• Cowboys sausage & Beans (Large).JPG
    Cowboys sausage & Beans (Large).JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Egg Custard-3 (Large).JPG
    Egg Custard-3 (Large).JPG
    274.3 KB · Views: 180
  • Egg Custard (Large).JPG
    Egg Custard (Large).JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 159
I made the sunblushed tomatoes in this month's magazine!! It's the first recipe I've made from SW magazines as I find most of them uninspiring. I had a bunch of tomatoes that I didn't know what to do with so I made this! The recipe must be wrong though because it called for TWO TABLESPOONS of salt :eek:
I altered it and put about 1/2 a teaspoon and 2 tsp sugar for added sweetness (you could probably use splenda, I don't like sweeteners) and roasted at 110C for five hours!! It turned out really nice. I'm looking forward to having them in salads and sandwiches!

2 syns for the whole thing

2 punnets vine tomatoes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
pinch of garlic granules
2 tsp sugar (2 syns)

Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out the seeds. Arrange in a baking dish and sprinkle with the seasonings. Bake at 110C for 5 hours. The magazine said 4 hours but I wanted them drier.

Before baking
ed7d597f.jpg

After
ba8b192b.jpg

Keeps in the fridge for 3 days, according to the recipe but I'm sure it would last a few more days.
7da857c8.jpg

Last edited:
I make one with way less sugar and less time and it turns out lovely. Adapted from a Nigella recipe, I expect you could play about with both recipes.

250g fresh cherry tomatoes
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/8 tsp. sugar
1 Tbs. olive oil (On EE as your hexb for whole amount)
Preheat your oven to its higest temperature. Cut the tomatoes in half along their equator. Place cut side up in an ovenproof dish.

2. Mix together the dry ingredients and sprinkle over the top of the tomatoes. Drizzle over the olive oil and place in the oven
Immediately turn down to 75-100°C/165-200°F dependent on your own oven, keep an eye on this I use the lowest setting 165 as the lowest longest you can do for gives the deepest flavour.

Cook for 2-3 hours.

Last two days food.......

Pete’s Salads

Ingredients

Iceberg lettuce
Tomato
Spanish onion
Carrot
Red, yellow, Green Peppers
Celery Stick
Kraft Low Fat Dressing

Method
Shred the lettuce with a sharp knife, (use a plastic one if you don’t want the lettuce edges to go brown) chop tomatoes into 8 pieces, grate the carrot, cut finely the Spanish onion and wash the celery and cut into small pieces. Cut & Deseed the peppers and cut lengthways first then chop into small pieces
Toss together with your hands, season with salt & pepper and add your favourite dressing.
Pete’s Spaghetti Bolognese

Serves 4

½ Syn on Ee
6Syn if not using wholemeal spaghetti

Ingredients

2 small onions, chopped
1 garlic clove
1 small carrot, chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded & chopped
1 green pepper, deseeded & chopped
125g mushrooms, chopped
1 large celery stick, chopped
454g low fat beef mince
1 400Ml can/box of chopped tomatoes
1 Tsp Worcester sauce
125Ml of beef stock
2 level Tbsp tomato puree
1 Tbsp mixed Herbs
400g cooked wholemeal spaghetti
Parmesan Cheese

Method

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and cook the onion until transparent then add the meat and cook until brown. Put to one side.

In a deep saucepan spray with Fry Light and cook the onion until transparent, then add, garlic, carrot, peppers, mushrooms and celery and cook for 10 mins.

(If you want a smooth sauce then remove from the heat and using a hand blender blitz to a smooth sauce.)

Add the meat and the tomatoes, stock, Worcester sauce and season to taste, cook for 30 mins until it thickens.

Add spaghetti to the sauce, mix and serve, sprinkle with Parmesan if required. Enjoy with salad!

Pete’s Potato Skins

Ingredients
Serves 4

4 Baking Potatoes
112g Low Fat Cheddar Cheese (from your daily allowance) = 28g per person
Cajun mix
Philadelphia Low Fat chives & herb Cheese Spread

Method
Wash potatoes and dry, with a fork scrap the sides and prick them.
In (600w) Microwave 4 large potatoes for 10-15 mins, until soft, remove and cut into half. Allow to cool, scoop out most of the cooked potato (keep and use for mash - you can freeze it), leaving a shell of potato and skin about 6-8 mm thick.

Spray with Fry light on both sides and season with Salt & pepper

Put on a baking tray, with an oven tray, on top. Bake for 20 minutes at 180c, remove and add the topping of your choice, spray with Fry Light again and add your favourite filling, Cheddar Cheese or Cajun Mix, bacon etc. and return for a further 10 mins until crisp and golden.
For a dip, try, Philadelphia chives & herb cheese spread.

Attachments

• Salad-1.JPG
    Salad-1.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Salad-2.JPG
    Salad-2.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Pete's Spaghetti (Large).JPG
    Pete's Spaghetti (Large).JPG
    468.2 KB · Views: 179
  • Potato Skins.JPG
    Potato Skins.JPG
    270.2 KB · Views: 220
Last two days food.......

Pete’s Potato Skins

Ingredients
Serves 4

4 Baking Potatoes
112g Low Fat Cheddar Cheese (from your daily allowance) = 28g per person
Cajun mix
Philadelphia Low Fat chives & herb Cheese Spread

Method
Wash potatoes and dry, with a fork scrap the sides and prick them.
In (600w) Microwave 4 large potatoes for 10-15 mins, until soft, remove and cut into half. Allow to cool, scoop out most of the cooked potato (keep and use for mash - you can freeze it), leaving a shell of potato and skin about 6-8 mm thick.

Spray with Fry light on both sides and season with Salt & pepper

Put on a baking tray, with an oven tray, on top. Bake for 20 minutes at 180c, remove and add the topping of your choice, spray with Fry Light again and add your favourite filling, Cheddar Cheese or Cajun Mix, bacon etc. and return for a further 10 mins until crisp and golden.
For a dip, try, Philadelphia chives & herb cheese spread.

They look so yummy :D And look as if they should be really high in syns....Im going to enjoy making them and knowing that Im still sticking to plan and eating healthy :D

I made fruit compote!! :D

I had a few tired looking raspberries, nectarines and plums so I decided to make something funky out of them. I added 1 vanilla pod, 1 star anise, half a cinnamon stick and 2 tablespoons splenda brown sugar blend (2 syns). Cooked it on low for 30 minutes and put in the refrigerator! It'll be delicious on Greek yogurt or porridge or even ice cream if you have the syns for it, yum!

Cooked fruit is 1/2 syn per oz so I'll count 2oz as a serving, easier to measure as 1/4 cup is exactly 2oz. The brown sugar comes to 0.13 syn per serving lol so we'll just forget that :D so 1 syn per 2oz serving!

KingstonuponThames-20110714-00033.jpg

Cooked
KingstonuponThames-20110714-00034.jpg

Jarred
KingstonuponThames-20110714-00035.jpg

Last edited:
Back