+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

That looks amazing :)

last soup recipe, honest!

here is my last soup recipe, honest!..............

Pete’s Mushroom Soup

Serves 2
Ingredients
Hot vegetable stock
6 large mushrooms, chopped finely
1 onion, chopped finely
1 garlic clove, chopped finely
1 tsp mixed herbs
Method
Spray a saucepan with Fry light and add the onion and garlic and “sweat” for 5 mins.

Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes then add the hot stock, herbs, and bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 mins.

Remove from the heat and liquidise with a hand blender, add seasoning to taste, simmer for a further 15 mins.

I know that this soup looks unappealing but it was made with
Dark brown mushrooms as they were all I had in the fridge!
The taste more than makes up for it….

Attachments

• Mushroom Soup (Large).JPG
    Mushroom Soup (Large).JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 113
Fridays Food

Hi All.
Friday's food......

Pete’s Harissa Coated Chicken

Serves 2

Ingredients

2 chicken breasts
Harissa paste
125g rice
Light soy sauce
Dark soy sauce

Method

In an oven-proof dish marinade the chicken breasts in light soy sauce and cover, place in the fridge, leave for at least 1 hr.

Remove the chicken from the fridge and tip the marinade away and cover the chicken with Harissa paste using a food brush, cover with tinfoil, put into an oven preheated to 180c for 20 mins then remove tinfoil and cook for a further 10mins.

Cook the rice as per the packet instructions, when cooked remove the rice and tip into a sieve, place the sieve onto the saucepan, cover and leave to “steam” until the chicken is ready.

Serve on a bed of rice and add dark soy sauce to taste.

Pete’s Vegetarian Burgers

Makes 12
2 Syn

Ingredients

500g/3 large carrots
1 onion
400g chickpeas or cannelloni beans
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp “very lazy” ginger
1 tsp “very lazy” chillies
1 tsp “very lazy” garlic
Handful of basil leaves
1 egg
1 celery stick
2 slices of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf
* Sweet corn if you like it
Method

In a food processor reduce the bread to breadcrumbs, remove and set aside.

Put the other ingredients into the processor in small amounts until all has been reduced to a slightly lumpy constituency, then tip into a large mixing bowl, add the breadcrumbs and mix,*add sweet corn if required, using your hands scoop up a small quantity and mould in your hands, then place on a flat tray covered in greaseproof paper, flatten with the palm of the hand, continue until the mix has been used up, usually makes about 12 depending on how big each one is.

Place in the freezer for at least 2 hrs or longer to firm up.

Cook in a pan sprayed in Fry Light for at least 5 mins on both sides or until cooked, depends on the size of each “burger” or cook on a barbeque.

Attachments

• Harissa Chicken (Large).JPG
    Harissa Chicken (Large).JPG
    295 KB · Views: 177
  • Veg Burgers (Large).JPG
    Veg Burgers (Large).JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 208
Saturdays Food.....

Pete’s Spaghetti Bolognese

Serves 4

½ Syn on Ee
6Syn if not using wholemeal spaghetti

Ingredients

2 small onions, chopped
1 garlic clove
1 small carrot, chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded & chopped
1 green pepper, deseeded & chopped
125g mushrooms, chopped
1 large celery stick, chopped
454g low fat beef mince
1 400Ml can/box of chopped tomatoes
1 Tsp Worcester sauce
125Ml of beef stock
2 level Tbsp tomato puree
1 Tbsp mixed Herbs
400g cooked wholemeal spaghetti
Parmesan Cheese

Method

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and cook the onion until transparent then add the meat and cook until brown. Put to one side.

In a deep saucepan spray with Fry Light and cook the onion until transparent, then add, garlic, carrot, peppers, mushrooms and celery and cook for 10 mins.

(If you want a smooth sauce then remove from the heat and using a hand blender blitz to a smooth sauce.)

Add the meat and the tomatoes, stock, Worcester sauce and season to taste, cook for 30 mins until it thickens.

Add spaghetti to the sauce, mix and serve, sprinkle with Parmesan if required. Enjoy with salad!

And for tea we had the leftover tomato soup!

Attachments

• Pete's Spaghetti (Large).JPG
    Pete's Spaghetti (Large).JPG
    468.2 KB · Views: 160
Fab thread! Posting so I can look in more detail later!!! X

bilsat said:
Saturdays Food.....

Pete’s Spaghetti Bolognese

Serves 4

½ Syn on Ee
6Syn if not using wholemeal spaghetti

Ingredients

2 small onions, chopped
1 garlic clove
1 small carrot, chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded & chopped
1 green pepper, deseeded & chopped
125g mushrooms, chopped
1 large celery stick, chopped
454g low fat beef mince
1 400Ml can/box of chopped tomatoes
1 Tsp Worcester sauce
125Ml of beef stock
2 level Tbsp tomato puree
1 Tbsp mixed Herbs
400g cooked wholemeal spaghetti
Parmesan Cheese

Method

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and cook the onion until transparent then add the meat and cook until brown. Put to one side.

In a deep saucepan spray with Fry Light and cook the onion until transparent, then add, garlic, carrot, peppers, mushrooms and celery and cook for 10 mins.

(If you want a smooth sauce then remove from the heat and using a hand blender blitz to a smooth sauce.)

Add the meat and the tomatoes, stock, Worcester sauce and season to taste, cook for 30 mins until it thickens.

Add spaghetti to the sauce, mix and serve, sprinkle with Parmesan if required. Enjoy with salad!

And for tea we had the leftover tomato soup!

Hi Pete, looks yum! Isn't normal spaghetti free on EE? Hope so or I'm consuming tons of syns without knowing eek!!!!

Hi Pete, looks yum! Isn't normal spaghetti free on EE? Hope so or I'm consuming tons of syns without knowing eek!!!!

From food optimising book - dried pasta (all types) free, healthwise choose wholemeal or wholewheat for extra fibre.

So recipe would be 1/2 syn no matter what spaghetti was used.

Hi All.
The original recipe that this is based on stated 6 syn for the pasta but I cannot find it at the moment!
I must agree that the wholemeal spaghetti appears to be no lower than ordinary so I will remove it.
The 1/2 syn is for the tomato puree....

You only need to syn the pasta if your on a red day and you use over the amount that you have as a HEB.

For example you get 35g dried weight of wholewheat pasta as a HEB on a red day so anything over that amount would be a syn...

Dried pasta is free food on EE and Green days x

Hi,
Some great recipes and inspiration for future meals thank you all xx

Sweet chili king prawns, couscous and salad

img20110731190657.jpg

Have got some prawns to have for lunch tomorrow how did you do the sweet chilli bit please?

I am afraid they were pre-done from asda- 4 prawn kebabs on 2 for £5.

I would imagine though you could just get some of the blue dragon chili sauce and use. Or if you had some honey and Worcester sauce you could use that- marinade them overnight and cook them in the morning?

Or chili and garlic- again just chop us finely and marinade overnight.

Good luck! xx

Made some more watercress pesto today! It's currently sitting in my fridge, I think I'll have a bowl of pasta for lunch tomorrow :D Here's the recipe. Sooo easy!

Serves 2, 1 HEA and 1 HEB per serving

INGREDIENTS
Bunch of watercress
Bunch of basil
Salt & pepper to taste
Pinch of chicken stock powder (about 1/4 tsp)
Juice of 1 lemon
56g parmesan, grated
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Remove the watercress leaves from the stalks and put in a bowl, add the basil, lemon juice, salt, pepper & stock powder and blitz with a hand blender until it looks like green sludge lol.

Stir in the olive oil and parmesan and serve! Great with pasta or for pesto chicken yum!

3b5d2278.jpg

f3bf87c9.jpg

Back