+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

BritMum I could eat your piccies they are always so good, thanks again. X

Ham & veg omelette; Keema Curry

Lunch was leftover roasted veg with ham omelette; dinner was keema curry with cauliflower 'rice'. Yum!

Attachments

• IMG_4773.JPG
    IMG_4773.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_4777.JPG
    IMG_4777.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 375
It is actually very good! And once the curry is on top you can't tell you're not eating rice! You just grate a head of cauli, put it in a microwaveable dish with a lid. Add 1 tsp black mustard seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds & 2 cardamom pods, lightly crushed, salt & pepper. Micro for 5 mins with lid on. Remove the pods, squeeze in some lemon juice and it's done!

Great Stacey - I shall try that tomorrow, I am making 'Persian Chicken' tomorrow and I have a cauliflower going spare so I shall try this to go with it, thank you so much for the recipe. X

can i just ask how you made your chips, they look fab, was it in oven with frylite or with an actifry. Mines never look quite like that x

can i just ask how you made your chips, they look fab, was it in oven with frylite or with an actifry. Mines never look quite like that x

I do them in the oven, took me a while to get them right.

Preheat the oven to 200c or 400f
Peel and chop potatos into chip shapes
Parboil the Potatos for approx 10 mins. Don't let them go too soft otherwise they wlll fall to bits.
Drain water and return to heat for a couple of seconds just to dry up any remaining water.
Spray a baking tray with frylight.
Put chips onto tray. Sprinkle with a good bit of salt (this I found really crisps them up and gives a good flavour)
Then spray with fry light over the top.
Place in oven and turn over regular to brown all sides.

You can coat them in paprika and other spices etc if you want them to have a little kick. :D

Oriental Basa Fish

I tried out this fish for the first time - bought 3 fillets in Sainsbury's from fish monger for only £3 or £4!

Lay the fillets in a pan. In a bowl mix together:
1/4 cup of water
1 tablespoons of rice vinegar
1 tablespoons of Splenda
1.5 tablespoons of fish sauce
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 fresh small chili pepper, sliced
grated zest of a lime

Pour over the fish and bake for 10 mins or until cooked through. Really lovely and fresh!

Attachments

• IMG_4781.JPG
    IMG_4781.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 260
brit mum how do you do your pancakes?
i made them the other day and they were nice but your seem really thick and look like pancakes,mine jst looked like a thin omelette.how many eggs do you use?

Back