+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Turkey Burgers with caramelised onions and potato salad

Here was my dinner the other night. The potato salad was a recipe given to me by my C and I added a few bits to it. It was AMAZING and sooo moreish that I went back and finished it off after dinner! :eek:

For whole salad:
1 syn and 1 HEX A on EE (for a green day, weigh out bacon and use as HEX B or syns)(for red day, weigh out new potatoes as HEX B)

new potatoes (about 1kg), cooked and cooled
2 tbsp extra light Hellmans mayo (1 syn)
small tub low fat fromage frais
1 oz/28g parmesan,grated
1 bunch green onions, chopped
fresh chives, chopped
fresh dill, chopped
mini gherkins, chopped (however many you like)
lean smoked bacon, cooked and chopped
salt & pepper

Combine mayo and fromage frais. Put everything else in large bowl. Add mayo and mix well. Refrigerate.

If too dry add a little more mayo/fromage frais mix.

Attachments

• IMG_4827.jpg
    IMG_4827.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 338
1et56e.jpg

For my dinner it was 'Joe's sausages garlic & chilli grills'. They were lovely but think I would have preferred them with roasted veg and mash cos I overloaded on salad today.

Pudding was a crushed meringue nest with blueberries in a white chocolate cream (total 0% yog with a sachet of options white choc) and 2 tbsp squirty cream on top. I didn't even get a chance to take a pic of that before my spoon was in the glass- it was heaven.

1et56e.jpg

For my dinner it was 'Joe's sausages garlic & chilli grills'. They were lovely but think I would have preferred them with roasted veg and mash cos I overloaded on salad today.

Pudding was a crushed meringue nest with blueberries in a white chocolate cream (total 0% yog with a sachet of options white choc) and 2 tbsp squirty cream on top. I didn't even get a chance to take a pic of that before my spoon was in the glass- it was heaven.

that looks yummy. I really miss sausages, they only seem to do hot dogs or maple syrup flavour breakfast sausage here.

made my FAVOURITE tonight. BURGERS! Turkey cheeseburgers with fried egg (there's normally bacon medallions, red onion and mushrooms on them too but have run out)

osrewz.jpg

But OMGYUM!!!

Full contents of burger in my blog.

HAHAHAHAHA you wouldn't be dribbling if you saw my attempt at your cous cous cake right now.

I didn't do the crucial 'make the cous cous first' part.

Erm... they SMELL incredible.

But they have gone a murky shade of what can only be described as 'mould green'

YUUUUUM (not)

Mmm, those burgers look great.

This is tomorrow's lunch- sweet chilli chicken with jazzed up savoury rice. I make the sweet chilli chicken from diet coke, tsp lazy garlic, half tsp lazy chillies, pinch chopped ginger, tbsp soy sauce and 2 tsp bisto best chicken gravy= 1 syn. It's absolutely gorgeous, all sticky- my new fav.

2is9xg4.jpg

Tomorrow's breakfast- tuna and spring onion melts. 3 roll halves (1 HEB and 1 syn for the extra weight), passata with Italian herbs, spring onion, tuna, cherry toms, 21g red.fat cheese (half HEA). I wanted to use tomato puree and syn for the base but I seem to have lost it!!!

hvs0na.jpg

All this food looks amazing!

Here's my dinner - one of my faves. Fish, chips & mushy peas! On a green day so used haddock as my HEX B. 1 syn for the lot and that was using 1 tsp of seasoned flour to dust over the fish (once it's been dipped in egg) and then pop in to a frying pan with Frylight.

Attachments

• IMG_4830.JPG
    IMG_4830.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 370
Stacey I am soooo planning a fish chips and mushy peas night one night this week. Is that really what a HEB of fish looks like? That's MAAAHOOOSIVE! Me like.

Well i'm in! Fish chips and mushy peas for me erm... let me think. TOMORROW! Ohyes! Sorry pre-planned butternut squash risotto with red onion and mushrooms, you just got UNserved!

Back