+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Lemon Balsamic Chicken (from one of those Waitrose cards!)

2 chicken breasts, butterflied. Spray griddle pan with Frylight and cook on each side for 6 mins or until cooked. Sprinkle chicken with juice of 1/2 lemon and then 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (I used a really good quality thick one). Cook for a further minute. Season with salt & pepper and serve!

Broccoli Salad
2 syns for the whole thing but easily serves 3-4

1 large head (or 2 small) of broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 carrot, grated
1 pack of smoked bacon medallions, grilled until crispy
10 seedless grapes, halved
4 tbsp Hellmann's Extra Light mayonnaise
low fat fromage frais
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp splenda

In a measuring cup, place the mayonnaise in and add the fromage frais up to the 1 cup mark (around 250ml mark). Add in the vinegar and splenda and mix well.

Put the broccoli, carrot and grapes in a bowl and toss with the dressing. Leave in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Before serving toss in the crumbled bacon.

Lemon Balsamic Chicken (from one of those Waitrose cards!)

2 chicken breasts, butterflied. Spray griddle pan with Frylight and cook on each side for 6 mins or until cooked. Sprinkle chicken with juice of 1/2 lemon and then 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (I used a really good quality thick one). Cook for a further minute. Season with salt & pepper and serve!

Broccoli Salad
2 syns for the whole thing but easily serves 3-4

1 large head (or 2 small) of broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 carrot, grated
1 pack of smoked bacon medallions, grilled until crispy
10 seedless grapes, halved
4 tbsp Hellmann's Extra Light mayonnaise
low fat fromage frais
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp splenda

In a measuring cup, place the mayonnaise in and add the fromage frais up to the 1 cup mark (around 250ml mark). Add in the vinegar and splenda and mix well.

Put the broccoli, carrot and grapes in a bowl and toss with the dressing. Leave in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Before serving toss in the crumbled bacon.

Is that broccoli salad a american recipe by any chance ;)

I went to a barbecue a few weeks back and someone there (and I think she was from the US) brought along a very similar looking salad. I didn't try any though as it looked very high in calories.

Yours I am definately going to try though.

Looks gorgeous. Another to add to my list of 'things I'm going to eat'! In fact, might be perfect as a side dish with with steak and SW chips tomorrow.

I'll eat that for sure, don't think OH will though but I'll make half quantities and keep it all for myself. Ha ha ha....

Indian Fish

I made this for dinner and it was amazing! Got the recipe from allrecipes.com. Drizzled lemon juice and fresh coriander over at the end. Served with roasted red pepper, red onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini and gem squash which I tossed in cajun seasoning and sprinkled with cumin seeds.

The flavours just popped and it was yummy! Even hubby has said he'll have it again - result!

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
  • 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
  • 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 (2 inch) pieces fresh ginger root, minced
  • 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon ground coriander
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless tilapia fillets (or fish of your choosing)

DIRECTIONS
  1. Combine the yogurt, cayenne pepper, garlic, ginger, cilantro, ground coriander, cumin, salt and turmeric in a resealable plastic bag. Close bag and mix everything together until evenly combined. Add the fish and toss until well coated with the marinade; marinate overnight
  2. Preheat the grill. Lightly grease a baking pan.
  3. Remove fillets from marinade and shake off excess; discard remaining marinade. Place onto prepared baking pan and grill in preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, about five minutes per side.

Attachments

• IMG_5019.JPG
    IMG_5019.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 191
Stacey that looks BRILL!

I see your fishy masterpeice and raise you - BOG! From me BLOG! :p

2h353t2.jpg

Yum Vixxster! The fish is a must try. It's seriously the best thing I've had in a long time and a new SW fave!

Oh, and I checked out your blog - I had no clue you could have 1 normal Alpen for a B! Cool!

Ooooh you just made me think - they USED to be... but maybe not now. I just checked my bible - 6 syns, no HE tag :(

CRAP!

Pants. At least they were only a quid. And dead chocolately should I ever find myself in a weak Wispa Gold needing spot.

i do body optimise online and it clearly states you cana ctually have two alpen bars but they have to be the light versions for a healthy b (confused.com)

omg my mouth is watering at that lamb shank. They don't seem to sell much lamb type meat here, except for tiny little lamb chops, which are more bone than meat.

Have really been fancying a lamb casserole as well.

20sw0g0.jpg

hehe I must warn you, this brekkie contains around 20 syns. OH wanted a man brekkie this morning so I obliged. I didn't have it of course... but I blogged what's in it.

Those rosti hash brown things are only 3.5 syns on green by the way if anyone's fancying them. xxx

Back