+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

I had a lovely Gnocchi concoction and some Quorn burgers tonight:

DSC01594-1.jpg

Ohh that looks yummy squiddie! What did the gnocchi concoction consist of?!

How many syns are the quorn burgers too? I've never had them, do they taste very authentic?

OK well I just whacked this together;

Finely chop some veg, I used peppers, courgettes, onion and mushroom and gently fry in a pan, with fry light

Meanwhile boil some water and chuck the Gnocchi in, it only takes about 1minute so keep and eye on them so they doesn't go sticky. They're cooked once they are floating on the top of the water.

Drain the gnocchi and add to the veg, reduced the heat and cook for about 1minute until the gnocchi is just a little brown.

DSC01581.jpg

In a bowl, mix together some VFF fromage frais with a tea spoon of ketchup and 1tbsp of tomato puree, a splash of balsamic vinegar and a drizzle of worcestershire sauce.

Whack it in the frying pan to heat the sauce through. This wont take long (30sec - 1minute) and leave it too long it'll currdle.

DSC01583.jpg

Sprinkle some cheese over the top

DSC01586.jpg

and serve. (I just put the burgers in my George Forman at the very start)

DSC01589.jpg

DSC01594-1.jpg

River cobbler oven baked with courgettem cherry toms and spinach served with carrots, mange tout and a bake made from cauliflower, brocolli, leeks, 198g new potato and 5 x laughing cow extra light traingles.

Very filling and tasty!

8124_162792846141_610886141_4129673_511535_n.jpg

Squiddie, love you gnocchi recipe - where do you buy your gnocchi please? Or what make is it?

I love quorn burgers, they are very palatable and tasty for only ½ syn each, and while OH is biting into a 'proper' ¼lb'er burger, I feel 'saintly' and happy with my Quorn burger.

DSC00313.jpg

Made the mushy pea curry the other day, lovely! Syn free and very tasty. I had chips with it too. Felt very naughty.

DSC00318.jpg

Lunch today, bbq cheese burgers. 1 syn for the mayo ex light, which I made into garlic mayo.

Joanne24 - they both look so yummy!!!

I haven't tried the mushy pea curry but I think I will have to as yours looks gorgeous - what recipe do you follow? :)

Joanne24 - they both look so yummy!!!

I haven't tried the mushy pea curry but I think I will have to as yours looks gorgeous - what recipe do you follow? :)

Cooked the chicken or quorn until its browned. Then cooked off some onions with garlic (tsp of lazy garlic), added a good tablespoon or so of medium Curry powder. Added the mushy peas and a tin of chopped tomatos. Thats it! Let it simmer for 20 mins and gives you enough time to make the rice.

Taste it as it goes though so you know if you need to add more curry powder or even a little bit of sweetener. Tastes like an authentic curry! Although I would love to try and make a beef and mushroom curry with it. Plus you can blitz the toms and peas but I like the texture.

We should get this thread made into a sticky!!

Cake! Real CAKE! And only 10syns for the whole thing (I had one quarter, haha)

2h84cbb.jpg

(bloggy blog for info)

Back