+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

I've just sat and read all 64 pages of this thread and OMG! Truely inspiring! Cant wait to try out some of your tasty recipes. Chicken cake is the first thing on my list.

Britmum - your food looks amazing!

RE Brit mum
she's a gem isnt she, love everyone of her recipes!!! If you click underneath the pic where it says "Live life the extra easy way" its all there enjoy!! xx

Here's what I made for our SW christmas party. Salmon fritatta!

Serves 6 very generously

INGREDIENTS
12 large eggs
Pot of 2% greek yogurt (0.5 syns) or quark (150g)
1 green pepper
Half punnet of mushrooms
Large fillet of salmon
1 large tomato
4 shallots, chopped finely
6 small potatoes, boiled
Salt & pepper
Vegetable or chicken stock powder (about 1/2 tsp)

Season the salmon with salt and pepper and bake qt 200C for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile sautee the onions, green pepper and mushrooms in a non stick pan sprayed with spray oil until softened and cooked. Season with salt and pepper and stock powder.

Slice the potatoes and spread in a baking dish, flake and add the cooked salmon and add the sauteed vegetables
IMG00110-20091217-0803.jpg

Beat the eggs with greek yogurt and pour all over the vegetables in the pan
IMG00111-20091217-0804.jpg

Slice the tomatoes and lay them on the egg mixture
IMG00112-20091217-0806.jpg

You can sprinkle over with some dried chillies.

Bake at 180C for about 50 minutes and serve!

IMG00356-20091217-0906.jpg

This is great cooked in big batches so you can have it for lunch for several days!!

Last edited:
mmmm that looks lovely Honeyoc as always :D.

I have a courgette and pea frittata on my meal planner for the weekend.

Thanks everyone for your comments, I am glad you all enjoy my pics and recipes, I really enjoy making up healthy meals and as I never get bored it helps with the motivation. As someone else said, if you just click on my siggy, it will take you to my blog. ENJOY!!! I have also added a subscribe feature now to my blog, so you can sign up and recieve an email as and when I update :D

Our pic thread moved!! :D That beef looks gorgeous Britmum!! Do you only do extra easy?

yep Extra Easy all the way. I have tried green and original days, but I just think they are pointless when you can have both foods together. I know you get extra HE's when doing green or red, but I never need extra ones, so stick to Extra Easy.

The beef was really yummy, especially with the sweet potato and carrot mash.

LUNCH - Cheesy Sweet Chilli noodles with fried cherry tomatoes

Free on green (for extra easy chuck in some ham or bacon or summit)

Ps i am back after a loooong break - some of my old meals are on page 1 if this thread lol! That is how long i have been away!!!

website058.jpg

Here's dinner for tonight! My take on saag aloo :D
I added some chicken thighs and served with steamed basmati rice and roasted cauliflower with cumin. It was deelish!

IMG00114-20091221-2121.jpg

Dinner! Stir fried veggies and rice noodles, with edamame :D

IMG00361-20091222-2010.jpg

Slow cooker sweet onion braised beef with Cheesy baked sweet potato and carrot mash.

Wow this really looks gorgeous (mouth-watering). How many syns would the sweet potatoe mash have if I make it on a Green day? Also wondering if Sweet Potatoes are a Super Free food as I didn't notice them on the veg list?
Thanks,
Meli

Last edited:
Wow this really looks gorgeous (mouth-watering). How many syns would the sweet potatoe mash have if I make it on a Green day? Also wondering if Sweet Potatoes are a Super Free food as I didn't notice them on the veg list?
Thanks,
Meli

it shouldnt have any syns on a green day, if you your HE's for the cheese. I am assuming sweet pots and carrots are free on green? I never do green days, so I dont know :D

Yes sweet potatoes are free, though not a superfree food as its not free on original day.

Had a very interesting dinner tonight! Hummus pie! I got the recipe off my vegan hippie dreadlocked friend :D She used soy cheese and agave nectar (heh?) in her version but this was very yummy too! Comes to 1 HEA + 3 syns per generous portion! Here are the ingredients.

3 potatoes
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 courgette
1 aubergine
3 tomatoes
Fresh chopped basil
Dried oregano (pinch)
Paprika
2 tbsp olive oil (12 syns)
2 tins chickpeas
Pot of 0% greek yogurt
Juice of 1 lemon
1 clove of garlic
1/4 cup veg stock
1 tsp honey (negligible syns per portion)
Salt & pepper
1/2 tsp veg stock powder
100g cheddar cheese (25g HEA per portion)

Drain the chickpeas and pour in a food processor. Add the lemon juice, yogurt, salt & pepper, honey and garlic. Blend until smooth. When blended, stir in 1 tbsp olive oil and set aside.

Slice all the veggies into thick slices, except the tomatoes which are to be chopped
IMG00363-20091224-1815.jpg

Arrange all veggies in a baking dish and season with salt & pepper, paprika, oregano and basil. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and add 1/4 cup of chicken stock.
IMG00364-20091224-1824.jpg

Spread the hummus on the veggies and sprinkle with the cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 45 mins at 190C
IMG00365-20091224-1836.jpg

After 45 mins take the foil off and bake for a further 15 minutes until golden brown and puffed up
IMG00366-20091224-1936.jpg

Serve! It was really tasty! You could probably leave out the olive oil but I think it might taste dry without it. And 3syns per portion is not bad at all!
IMG00367-20091224-1937.jpg

Back