Spray oil
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tin chopped tomatoes
Chillies (to taste)
Salt & pepper
Chicken seasoning powder
Fresh chopped parsley

Put the chicken breasts in a bag, one at a time, and pound with a rolling pin to flatten. Season with salt, pepper and chicken seasoning and set aside

Slice the onion and chop the garlic and chillies. Sautee in a pan until onions are translucent. Add tomatoes and season with salt, pepper and a little more chicken seasoning. Simmer for 15 minutes until reduced and thickened (mine looks dark because it got a little burnt lol. Tasted great though, a nice chargrilled taste). Add chopped parsley

Brown the chicken breasts on both sides in a separate pan and add to the tomato sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on each chicken breast and cover. Cook for another 2 minutes until cheese has melted and serve!

Great on its own with steamed veggies or with pasta. Yum!

that parmesan chicken looks lovely. I will definately be making that.

Here are some pics of foods I have had over the last few days.

Yakitori Chicken with noodles

This was my christmas day dinner, which was almost slimming world friendly. The lingonberry sauce was 1 syn, the gravy (made using chicken stock, herbs and 1 tablespoon of flour) was 3 syns, the turkey, veg and roast potatoes were free. But then my husband insisted I cooked some homemade yorkies, as he hasn't had any for yonks. So I treated myself to 2 of those, which of course are not slimming world friendly. (I have no idea what the syn value of those would be) lol.

Luckily my christmas gain was only 2lb's, which is far less than I thougt it would be. I am back on track today, and starting with an original day to limit my carb intake and try and shift that 2lb gain by next week. So I made a big pot of Spicy Carrot soup this morning and had it for lunch. With it I had 3 scan brans topped with laughing cow light triangles, as part of my HEa and HEb allowance.

Made a delicious Scotch Broth today! This was the first time I ever made it and it was really nice! I know traditionally pearl barley is used but I just used brown rice as its what I had on hand. It was deelish and so easy!

IMG00371-20091229-2028.jpg

HoneyOC- i've been looking at your food pics and all your meals look great! Like you, I absolutely love fish!

Was just wondering if you could please share your scotch broth recipe? I was thinking of making it for lunch tomorrow but with turkey instead. Thanks!

Hiya! Sure thing, here's the recipe

SCOTCH BROTH
500g lamb (or turkey) - cubed
2 small carrots
1 small leek (white part only) or onion
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
100g brown rice
Fresh chopped parsley
1 sprig fresh thyme
500ml chicken stock
Handful thinly sliced cabbage
Salt & pepper

Heat a heavy based casserole pot and spray with spray oil

Sautee the onions, carrots, celery and garlic for about 5 minutes until softened. Stir often so it doesn't burn.

Add the lamb and stir well to brown slightly. Add the stock, thyme, rice and salt & pepper. Bring to boil and turn the heat low and simmer for 1 hour.

After an hour stir in the cabbage and simmer for another 10 minutes and add parsley. Serve!

Lunch today was a yummy jacket potato with quark and smoked salmon with a green herb salad. A nice change from tuna sweetcorn mayo.

photo-2.jpg

Thanks Sarahandmolly!

Here's what I had for breakfast today, potato rostis with smoked salmon and a poached egg on top and some grilled sweet plum tomatoes. I broke the yolk of the egg and it made a great sauce over the whole thing! Deeelish!

photo-3.jpg

Awww thanks Britmum! It was very tasty too, DH declared that he wanted that for breakfast everyday from now on lol. Well that's not gonna happen but its nice to know he thought it was that good :D

That looks delicious BritMum! I love sweet potato in anything!

Here's what I had for dinner, lamb shank tagine with couscous and steamed veg! Recipe in the recipe section :D

photo-4.jpg

Made a jambalaya for dinner tonight. Its a spicy rice dish with lots of veg, chicken, sausages and prawns. Tasty and very filling!

photo-5.jpg

Wow, all these recipe pictures are soooo inspiring. I'm not much cop in the kitchen but i think i'll be giving some a go over the coming weeks. Thanks guys!!!

Back