+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Turkey Burgers with Cajun Spiced BNS and Aubergine/Tomato/Feta stacks

I bought some frozen BNS cubes from Waitrose and they were so yummy! I think about £1.19 for a bag and that easily served 2-3. Sprayed with Frylight, sprinkled with homemade cajun seasoning and in oven for 30 mins.

Aubergine stacks from the latest magazine. They were pretty nice but I don't think I'm a huge aubergine fan. :jelous: Still, it was nice to try something new!

Attachments

• IMG_7350.JPG
    IMG_7350.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 199
Meli, probably a bit late to help but I make a version of the cannelloni that's syn free and uses cottage cheese and quark with the spinach to stuff the tubes instead of ricotta. I also add a beaten egg and lots of black pepper. And some chopped up fresh basil, sorry can't remember if that was in Honeyoc's original recipe. I love it, makes it syn free as long as you use a HEA for the cheese topping. I just use cheddar :)

In fact I might buy the stuff to cook it for one of next week's dinners. Thanks for reminding me about it Honeyoc!

I haven't had a chance to go to the store for the ricotta yet, but may try it with the cottage cheese and quark mixture this weekend if I don't get a hold of the ricotta. Thanks for this!

We had the spinach canneloni last night and it was yum. I used cottage cheese and quark, I don't know what it was like compared to the ricotta but we loved it. I rolled up lasagne sheets because I didn't want to go shopping.:D

Thanks for the recipe.

I bought some frozen BNS cubes from Waitrose and they were so yummy! I think about £1.19 for a bag and that easily served 2-3. Sprayed with Frylight, sprinkled with homemade cajun seasoning and in oven for 30 mins.

Aubergine stacks from the latest magazine. They were pretty nice but I don't think I'm a huge aubergine fan. :jelous: Still, it was nice to try something new!

I personally dont think it is BNS, its squash but its not bns! Its very stringy, so i think its what is known in america as "spaggetti squash":p

Can you get lean lamb mince? I will miss that if not!! My hubby doesn't eat beef so I usually use lamb instead!

yeah you can, it is hard to come by though and again is the new zealand stuff. I haven't seen any Canadian lamb in the supermarket, it doesnt seem to be a sold meat here.

Here's what I had today, pure comfort food! Eggs chips and coleslaw. Doesn't look pretty but tasted amazing! I didn't lick the plate... But I thought about it! :D

chips.jpg

And breakfast was another favourite, weetabix with berries!

c1809c66.jpg

what have you done to those poor weetabix! blergh! i have mine half soft half crunchy with as little milk as possible! Never seen anyone do that with them before, I guess you learn something everyday! :p

I like it super mushy with hot milk. Kinda like weetabix porridge... Heh heh :D

your all weird :p

I am another one who loves weetabix with hot milk. Is the only way to have it for me, not keen on it with cold milk.

I have mine made with hot milk with sliced banana on top and a drizzle of maple syrup. Mmmmmm has made me fancy some right now. lol

thats so weird, ive never heard of it being done like that before but obviously its popular! I cant bear it when they go all soggy so wont be trying but i love hearing how we all have the same things in diffrent ways!

Mmm mushy weetabix is the best! Just leave it to soak up all milk fora couple mins with a bit of sweetner mixed in.. so good.

Ohhhh that was a pre-SW favourite of mine! Except I'd have about four, with about half a pint of milk & around 2 tablespoons of sugar :eek:

It's no wonder I got so fat is it?

I never eat Weetabix these days. I know I can still have it as a HEB but I never seem to have a HEB spare to waste on Weetabix!

your all mad! :D

crunchy is the way to go!

Looks like you're the odd one out CupcakeKatie! I never knew so many people ate weetabix this way. DH is just like you, rolls his eyes at my mushy bixes so I thought I was the weird one. Good to know I'm not! :D

I was looking forward to some weetabix this morning, only to open the cupboard and realise I havent got any left. So you can guess what I will be buying when doing shopping later. lol

sunnybisks for the win! 75p for 36

Back