+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

That looks yummy Stacey, I wish we could get Joes stuff here. I have been so craving sausages too, can only get italian style sausages high in syns or hot dog type sausages here. That is one thing you will miss when you move here I bet.

Dinner tonight was grilled salmon with lotsa veggies!

47cdb87f.jpg

Sure thing,

Blanche some spinach (around 250g) in boiling water, squeeze well and chop fine. Mix with 250g ricotta cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Set aside

Meanwhile make the tomato sauce by sautéing some onions and garlic in oil spray. Add some dried chillies, 2 tins of plum tomatoes, salt, pepper & a touch of sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes

Pour the tomato sauce in an oven dish, stuff cannelloni tubes with the ricotta & spinach mixture and arrange on the tomato sauce (should take 16 tubes). Grate 40g parmesan and mix about 1/3 with a 500g tub of fat free fromage frais. Add an egg and season, mix well. Pour over the cannelloni and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Bake for 40 minutes until bubbling and golden brown. Serves 4 generously. 1 HEB + 1.5 syns per serving on a green day :D

Definately making this tonight, but just want to know:
1) Do you have to boil the cannelloni first?
2) What heat it should be at in the oven? Is Gas Mark 6 ok?

If anyone has made this before please feel free to reply.

I don't boil the cannelloni first and I baked it at 180C, not sure what the gas mark is though...

Dinner tonight was an omelette with leftover corn, courgettes, leeks & tomatoes from last night :D

c60bccd7.jpg

I just finished eating the cannelloni and they were so nice- really felt as if I was eating at an Italian restaurant. Will definately be making these again (have some left over for tomorrow)- YUMMY! Only thing is I forgot to add the egg at the end, but it didn't affect the taste at all. Thanks so much for this recipe!!!
I don't know if the 2 images are attached or not in this msg?

Attachments

• cannelloni1.jpg
    cannelloni1.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 265
  • cannelloni2.jpg
    cannelloni2.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 256
Dinner tonight was an omelette with leftover corn, courgettes, leeks & tomatoes from last night :D

c60bccd7.jpg

lol we seem to always eat similar things at the same time. I had an omelette the day before with veg and salad.

That looks yummy.

My son is loving corn on the cob at the minute, but I think it is more to do with the little piggie cob holders rather than the actual corn lol.

lol we seem to always eat similar things at the same time. I had an omelette the day before with veg and salad.

That looks yummy.

My son is loving corn on the cob at the minute, but I think it is more to do with the little piggie cob holders rather than the actual corn lol.

I know! I was looking at your food diary (which I'm SOOOOO excited about btw!) and thought it's happened again!! :eek:

Awww Jeffreysdriver, so sorry to hear about your veggies burning. Does your oven have a timer? To roast non starchy veg I put it on 200C for 40 mins and for veggies like potatoes, parsnips, butternut squash etc I roast for an hour.

Here's what I had for dinner, roast chicken with roast carrots & potatoes, and steamed green beans and cabbage. Used a bit of bisto gravy as well. A very British dinner :D

6dc51dbc.jpg

Back