+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Thanks guys, it really is gorgeous. You wouldn't think that Black cherries would go with chicken and mash but it wouldn't be the same without them!

The cherries are in syrup, but I only used half the tin and it was watered down to thin the sauce out and pour over the meal 5 1/2 syns for the whole tin and i used 1/2 between 3 of us.......umm i could eat it again now!

Not a meal you could do too often as it does take a bit of preparing but is well worth it.

I will try post the recipe on but I am not very good at explaining and there will be no measurments etc LOL xxx

10hoit2.jpg

Chocolate muffins :D

Maple Glazed Chicken Drumsticks (had these for dinner Friday night)
dsc_0050.jpg

and I had this tonight for dinner - Lemon Chilli Chicken (It was so delicious).
dsc_0051.jpg

I use tinypic to upload pictures and ask it to resize them to message board size.

BritMum have you posted the lemon chilli chicken recipe? I am defo going to try that it looks great, thank you. X

I found it and copied it, thank you again. X

i love this thread - i've just sat and read it all and i feel really inspired now :)

going to do my shopping online with tescos so its given me a few ideas on what to have for meals in the next week!

Well my dinner tonight was fab but I had guests so didn't take a pic for fear of looking like a loony!

Cooked chicken flavoured with rosemary, thyme and garlic (I only had breast meat), pigs in blankets (Joe's sausages chipolatas wrapped in smoked bacon), roasted veg (red onion, white onion, courgette, peppers), 198g dry roasted rosemary and thyme baby potatoes (b choice), cauliflower cheese (used my two a choices for this), ASDA smart price yorkshire pud= 2 syns, gravy = 0.5 syns.

Can you believe it I followed that by home-made berry pavlova-

ASDA Extra Special meringue nest = 3 syns
mixed berries with cream (total 0% yog mixed with white choc options sachet) = 2.5 syns
2 tbsp skooshy cream = 0.5 syns

I am on a red day and thoroughly loved my dinner!

Hi I use tinypic to do it and copy the code that says direct link (it's the last of three of four codes).

Ok ta

This was brunch.
Quorn Sausages, egg and mushrooms (all free) but we were bad and had a tesco white platted roll with it!
2luw9aa.jpg

Chickpea cake from Britmum's website

28luhdl.jpg

And our roast chicken dinner, we normally have more veg but we had so much hassel with the mash we forgot to cook any!!! we also took the skin off the chicken but took pic 1st

15yekx5.jpg

Red day today and it was chicken and ham pie (3.5 syns and well worth it):

29d7ajd.jpg

2qb7n0y.jpg

Oooh yum, your chicken & ham pie looks yummy. Would you mind sharing the recipe?

3.5 syns per serving on red. On EE this would be 2 syns as the tin of mixed veg would be free and instead of topping with butternut squash and swede you could use potato.

I just made it up as I went along really. The syns are for a tin of mixed veg in water and the gravy.

Chicken breast (chopped)
Gammon Steak (cubed)
Broccoli florets
Cauliflower florets
Tin of mixed veg in water drained (3 syns for the tin)
1 onion
Gravy (I used four syns worth with Bisto Best Chicken gravy)
Rosemary and Thyme

For the topping:
Butternut Squash, swede and half tub greek 0% yogurt
Black pepper and parsley

Steam (or boil) the broccoli, cauliflower, butternut squash and swede.
In a large frying pan, fry the chicken, ham and onions in fry light
Once done add the tin of mixed veg, gravy, rosemary and thyme and allow to simmer for 10 mins
Add the broccoli and cauliflower and transfer to a dish

Mash the butternut squash and swede with half a tub of greek yogurt, black pepper and parsley and spread over the other ingredients. Top with 84g red.fat cheese (healthy extra) and put in oven for 20 mins.

If you want the cheese to brown stick under a hot grill once done.

This recipe serves 2 generously but could easily serve 4.

Last edited:
Have just started a thread in the recipes section but thought i'd ask in here as well.
Does anyone have any good slow cooker recipes???

Back