+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Great job, thanks :D xx

Cheesey Triple Decker served on a bed of Quorn Chilli!

w1telz.jpg

I have no B allowance so didn't know what to do with these hamburgers but they had to be used so I improvised!

Mmm, Stacey that Lemon and Lime soda looks like something from a fifties diner (not that I knew really as I was born in 1980!!)

OMG Bloo did you make those burgers or are they syns? They look great!

Hi Vixx. They are totally syn free but I can't take the credit for them- they are courtesy of Joe's sausages and are delish. This is for my lunch tomorrow but if I manage to get through three of them then I am a greedy little piggy indeed!

Oh that bloody Joe who makes packs too big to go in my farting little freezer.

Have some ice cream instead! :D

169f6s4.jpg

recipe on blog (link below)

Looks fab! Bring some ice-cream and you can come to mine for some 'Joe's'!!

There are soooo many nice things on here that I wanna try now..... my mouth is watering.....!!!

Tuna and sweetcorn fritters with salsa and a salad - syn free! This is from the EE cook book and i had it for lunch today and it was really, really nice. I've got 3 fritters left so im going to take them to work for lunch tomorrow and eat them cold with some salsa.

8124_156222071141_610886141_4030477_5344031_n.jpg

Don't suppose you'd post the recipe, would you? Looks divine!

Yup - its:

Ready in 45 minutes
Serves: 4
Syns per serving: Free on Extra Easy

subtitle_ingredients.gif

400g can sweetcorn kernels, drained
200g can tuna in spring water, drained
3 medium potatoes, unpeeled and whole
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tbsp each of finely chopped chives,
coriander and parsley
1 egg, lightly beaten
low calorie cooking spray
for the salsa
4 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
½ cucumber, finely diced
½ red onion, peeled and finely diced
3 tbsp chopped mint
juice of 1 lemon

subtitle_method.gif

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Place the sweetcorn and tuna in a large mixing bowl.
2. Place the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted water, bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes, making sure they are not fully cooked. Drain, allow to cool slightly and then peel using a sharp knife. Coarsely grate the potatoes into the sweetcorn mixture. Add the chopped herbs and egg and season well.
3. Combine the ingredients together using your hands and then divide into 12 portions. Shape each portion into a flat ‘cake’ and place on a non-stick baking tray lined with baking parchment. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden.
4. While the fritters are cooking make the salsa by combining all the ingredients together in a bowl, season well and chill until required. Serve the fritters with the salsa.​

I printed this recipe off the website today .. looks lovely!

Made this for the welsh leg of a cooking game I am taking part in and it was SW friendly, easy to make and tasty - what more could we want!
PICT0082.jpg

It is a chicken, leek and broccoli bake.
It will use 1B and 1A and no syns.

• 4 chicken breasts
  • 1 lb fresh leek, chopped
  • 1 lb broccoli, chopped
  • 1 cup chicken stock
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 160C/320F (moderate oven).
  2. Cook the chicken (microwave, poach, steam or saute) and cut into bite-sized pieces.
  3. Simmer the leeks and broccoli about 5 mins in the stock to partially cook, and then add the chicken. Put in a casserole dish, season to taste, and cover with breadcrumbs.
  4. Cover and place in a moderate oven for about an hour.
  5. Remove from the oven, remove the cover, and place under the broiler until brown. Serve straight from the casserole dish.
I made a small portion by using 1 breast, 1/2 a leek and some florets of broccoli.
I poached the chicken in the stock then added the veg 5 mins before the end.
The breadcrumbs were 2 slices of brown danish with 28g of cheese added for extra taste.

Cooked some stuff the other night, thought I would post pics.

1st is gammon with egg and sweet potato chips
2nd is chicken jalfrezi
3rd is baked bean and turkey mince lasagne with laughing cow extra light cheese triangles melted and poured on top!

Back