+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

My gran frys her egg till its set and then adds a little boiled water and puts a lid ontop, steaming the egg. Like Vixx but with water :D

Cake! Real CAKE! And only 10syns for the whole thing (I had one quarter, haha)

2h84cbb.jpg

(bloggy blog for info)

pointed this one out to mum and used the idea for the SW Party. The small cases in Tesco (6 to a pack) are 4 syns each. Mixed quark with raspberry/cranberry Muller and some gelatine and decorated with raspberry halves. Cut into quarters for a 1 syn bite ... gorgeous!. She made some extra so I got to have a 4 syn whole one to myself and it felt so naughty, felt like a little cake picked up from the fresh bit in a supermarket IYKWIM lol

I did the flan case (thanks for the idea Vixxster!) for buffet (I nearly spelled it Buffy?!) night. I used the large one (4 syns for 1/8) and filled it with white choc options fromage frais and topped with raspberries. Everyone LOVED it!

Here are some meals/food from the past few days.
  • Donnie's lemon meringue pies
  • hunter's chicken with syn free BBQ sauce & twice baked potatoes
  • chicken & vegetable soup
  • slow cooker roast beef
  • scan bran parkin cake

Attachments

• IMG_5197.JPG
    IMG_5197.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_5201.JPG
    IMG_5201.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_5205.JPG
    IMG_5205.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_5208.JPG
    IMG_5208.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_5209.JPG
    IMG_5209.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 255
is there a recipe for the slow cooker beef it looks real nice

found it should have looked first lol

Last edited:
You guys are so clever and have such great idea's. I have made a few of this site and will be making many more. Staceyuk you must be a wizz in the kitchen? Do you want to come and do my meals? lol:eek:

5x3m6d.jpg

All methods and contents on my blog :D xxx

Vixxster this looks really yummy! Checked out your blog for the recipe and see you used a tin of M&S eat well lean and tender stewed steak.
Is it free? Please say so.......[/QUOTE]

Oh yes my lovely, free free free!! You have to root in the bible now for the syn free stewed steaks, but there are a few, and I think this is the nicest one!

Today's brunch - sausage and potatoes

2eqb2ns.jpg

I am making Stacey's Adobo Pork tonight, have got the pork, just need to pop out for the other bits and bobs xx

Great meals Vixxster - thanks for the info on tinned stewing steak, I didn't think there were any free one's about, well done. X

Here are some meals/food from the past few days.
  • Donnie's lemon meringue pies
  • hunter's chicken with syn free BBQ sauce & twice baked potatoes
  • chicken & vegetable soup
  • slow cooker roast beef
  • scan bran parkin cake

Stacey your meals look wonderful as usual.....and I do hope you enjoyed the lemon meringue pies. X

Marksies Beef in Beer one is free too, though I can never find it. I keep wanting to make beef in ale pie and syn some puff pastry.

I am making Stacey's Adobo Pork tonight, have got the pork, just need to pop out for the other bits and bobs xx

Hope you like it! Let me know what you think.

Stacey your meals look wonderful as usual.....and I do hope you enjoyed the lemon meringue pies. X

I did like them but I'm not a huge Quark fan so I'm going to try them with fromage frais next time as I think I'll like them better. The meringue was yuuuummmmy! x

You guys are so clever and have such great idea's. I have made a few of this site and will be making many more. Staceyuk you must be a wizz in the kitchen? Do you want to come and do my meals? lol:eek:

Sure! LOL Actually was talking about this in class last week. One woman said she'd pay me there and then to do her lunches and dinners for her!

Aw Stace I couldn't find cider vinegar or white wine vinegar in the shops by us, I didn't go the Supermarket today.

I've made hoi sin ('high syn' har har) pork instead, measured about 10 syns of hoi sin sauce (about 5 heaped teaspoons or 100g), watered it down to sauce/thin gravy consistency, added soy, spring onions and thinly sliced carrot and put the pork on top to half steam and half stew.

Will serve with SW mushroom egg fried rice and it will be approx 5 syns for each of us. Extra Easy Saturdays, gotta love em! xx

sgnwq1.jpg

These are the cheapest and easiest low-syn cakes you'll ever make. Method on my blog (link below)

Back