+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Here's what we had for dinner tonight! Mixed veg (kind of like a succotash without the lima beans) with grilled salmon. Free on an EE day or green with a smaller piece of salmon (or maybe a large piece of cod)

IMG00083-20091030-1855.jpg

IMG00274-20091030-1908.jpg

Honeyoc, could you let me know what exactly you've put in it - it looks fantastic and I love one pan food that you can serve with meat or fish!
:)

Hi Miss Cookie, here's what I do

INGREDIENTS
Onions
Spring onion
Garlic
Chillies
Red pepper
Green pepper
Celery
Courgette
Lean bacon
Lemon juice
Olive oil
Corn on the cob x 4

Finely chop all the ingredients except the corn which you just slice off the husk. You can use frozen corn too.

Brown the bacon in olive oil or frylight (I used 1 tablespoon olive oil for the whole recipe which serves 6 so only 1 syn per serving) then add the onions, garlic and chillies and cook until softened. Add all the other ingredients and cook uncovered, stirring often until softened but crunchy. Season with salt & pepper and a little paprika and add lemon juice (about a whole lemon). Serve with a sprinkling of parsley!

For the fish I marinated in worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper and garlic then grilled for 10 minutes.

Its a very easy and quick dinner (though all the chopping takes some time)

Thought i'd start posting my food as i love this thread.

This is my homemade bolognaise served with linguini. It is syn free on extra easy.

7619-albums2024-picture12256.jpg

great big plate of pasta betty - thats what i love about slimming world.

Here is tea last night and tonight.
First one chicken breast coated in egg and breadcrumbs form B served with SW chips and pepper sauce - sauce is just a red and orange pepper and an onion sauteed till soft. Then its 8 tbs tomato ketchup - (check syn for one you use) and the same amount of water. We use the sauce to serve 4 so the syns are low.

The pasta one is a cheats carbonara, just 5 l/cow lights melted with a wee drop water, I added some crispy smoked bacon, a garlic clove and seasoning. I added the peas to fill me up but you don't have to. It is free on EE. it is just a wee bowl as i was too hungry to take a picture so that's the leftovers!

Attachments

• Photo-0050.jpg
    Photo-0050.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 256
  • Photo-0051.jpg
    Photo-0051.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 295
great big plate of pasta betty - thats what i love about slimming world.

Here is tea last night and tonight.
First one chicken breast coated in egg and breadcrumbs form B served with SW chips and pepper sauce - sauce is just a red and orange pepper and an onion sauteed till soft. Then its 8 tbs tomato ketchup - (check syn for one you use) and the same amount of water. We use the sauce to serve 4 so the syns are low.

The pasta one is a cheats carbonara, just 5 l/cow lights melted with a wee drop water, I added some crispy smoked bacon, a garlic clove and seasoning. I added the peas to fill me up but you don't have to. It is free on EE. it is just a wee bowl as i was too hungry to take a picture so that's the leftovers!

Lol, i know it is a huge plateful. I was having one of those days that there was no filling me so woo hoo for sw ha ha xx

Dinner last night - chicken, chorizo (2.5 syns), onion & mushrooms mixed with a little fromage frais; cabbage & green beans.

Attachments

• IMG_5306.JPG
    IMG_5306.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 294
Here's what I had for dinner. Good ol' spag bol with REAL mince (extra lean) and sweetcorn! Loving extra easy :D

IMG00302-20091105-1941.jpg

Hi Honeyoc

I made the mixed veg dish (succotash) tonight and it was fantastic. Quite spicy but everybody loved it. It would go with so much, we had it with roasted chicken thighs and baked spuds. Keep posting your ideas - brill!
:party0049:

Hi Miss cookie! I'm glad you enjoyed it! It really is a delicious and so versatile, it goes with everything! :D

Here's my dinner tonight! Lovely fresh stir fried veggies with steamed rice and pan "fried" salmon. Deelish and SO easy!

IMG00100-20091107-1908.jpg

Paprika Pork & Peppers

I got this from a Waitrose card - it was very yummy! I served it with cajun spiced roasted acorn squash.

Serves 3-4
Total syns: 4

2 tsp corn flour
500g pack diced pork shoulder
1 tsp oil
assorted mixed veg (I used swede, leek, carrot, celery), chopped, approx 500g total weight
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 tsp smoked paprika
300ml chicken stock
1/2 x 230g jar Fragata Pimiento Piquillo Peppers, drained and sliced (or substitute with other jarred peppers as long as they're not in oil)
low fat fromage frais
fresh parsley

1) Place the flour in a plastic bag and season, then toss the pork in the flour to coat. Heat the oil in a pan fry the pork over high heat until browned. Remove from pan and set aside. Add the vegetables and garlic and stir fry for 5 minutes until softened, adding boiling water as needed to stop the pan from burning or drying out.

2) Add the paprika and cook for another minute. Return the meat to the pan, add the stock, season and bring to the boil. Cover tightly and simmer for 45 mins.

3) Add the pepper and simmer for a further 10-15 mins, adding a little boiling water if the sauce dries out. Serve swirled with fromage frais and parsley scattered on top.

Attachments

• IMG_5362.JPG
    IMG_5362.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 265
StaceyUK your dinner looks amazing! Can you share your recipe? Do you only do red days?

StaceyUK your dinner looks amazing! Can you share your recipe? Do you only do red days?

Hi there, I do a week of all reds here and there to boost my loss and as I've put on 3.5lb in the last 2 weeks, I figured I needed a boost!

For the bacon, quarter and onion and put in a large pan/stock pot and add the bacon joint (I used a smoked joint). Cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Drain and cover with fresh water. Bring to the boil and boil for 25 mins per pound plus an additional 25 mins. Add some chopped cabbage for the last 20 mins of cooking. Drain and slice up bacon. Toss the cabbage & onion with a little margarine (Flora Ex Light - 10g = 1 syn).

The cheese sauce for the cauliflower was just laughing cow light triangles melted in the microwave and mixed with a little milk until I got the right consistency, oh and a little salt & white pepper thrown in.

Back