+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Britmum your meals look so delicious!! I'm totally stealing your prawn, asparagus and egg salad! :D

the asparagus and prawn salad was lovely. I don't normally like salad unless it has a heaped spoon of mayo on top lol. But this with the eggs and lemon juice etc, really didnt need it.

Nigella's White Minestrone Soup

This is perfect for winter! A little bit of effort for the chopping of veg but worth it.

Serves: approx 6
2 HEX A for whole recipe

(I usually halve the recipe and it still makes a big pot)
  • 3 large onions, thinly sliced
  • 5 carrots, diced
  • 2 sticks celery, chopped fairly small
  • 300g potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 3 courgettes, diced
  • 100g French beans, cut into 1cm lengths
  • 225g Savoy cabbage, shredded
  • 1½ litres stock made with vegetable or chicken stock
  • rind of a finished piece of parmesan cheese (tip - I always save mine from the wedge and freeze them for this recipe!) (optional)
  • 400g tin cannellini beans
  • 150g small tubular pasta, such as ditalini
  • 56g parmesan, grated freshly
Get a big pot and spray with Frylight. Add sliced onion and cook until the onion is softened but not browned. Add the chopped carrot and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring a couple of times. Do the same with the celery, potatoes, courgettes and French beans, cooking each one for a few minutes, stirring a few times. Then add the shredded cabbage and cook for about 6-8 minutes, stirring now and then.

Add the stock. Put in the end bit of cheese if you’ve got one, give a good stir and taste to see if any salt is needed. (The cheese rind will give a small saline kick of its own, and remember if you’re using stock cubes that they can be very salty.)

Cover the pan, and cook at a gentle boil for 2-2½ hours (if halving the recipe you will probably only need about 45mins-1hr), stirring occasionally. The soup should be thick, so you have to cook it for long enough to lose any wateriness, but it has to have enough liquid in it at this stage for the pasta to absorb while it’s cooking. If the soup is too thick when you’ve finished cooking it but before you put in the pasta then add some water.

Now remove the lid, add the white beans and cook for 5 minutes, then turn up the heat slightly and put the pasta in. It should cook in about 15 minutes. When it’s ready, take out the parmesan rind, grate in the fresh parmesan and give the pan a good stir.

I like this sprinkled with a few dried crushed chillies.

Attachments

• IMG_5491.JPG
    IMG_5491.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 182
Great recipe StaceyUK! I'll definitely be trying that!

Here's what I had today;

Lunch was SW chips, egg and cheesy coleslaw
IMG00338-20091204-1414.jpg

Dinner was bean & plantain curry with boiled rice. Felt a bit guilty about the absence of added veggies but there was tons of red peppers, carrots, tomatoes etc in the curry itself
IMG00339-20091204-1950.jpg

Great recipe StaceyUK! I'll definitely be trying that!

Here's what I had today;

Lunch was SW chips, egg and cheesy coleslaw
IMG00338-20091204-1414.jpg

Dinner was bean & plantain curry with boiled rice. Felt a bit guilty about the absence of added veggies but there was tons of red peppers, carrots, tomatoes etc in the curry itself
IMG00339-20091204-1950.jpg

OMG!!! One more picture like that and might seriously consider moving over to SW!!!!!

have a Bo Luo Pork Recipe Kit from Wanchai Ferry, which is sweet pineapple in a fruity tangy cantonese sauce. u add pork, a pepper, a carrot and an onion to the kit.

Couldnt find it on the syns online, so entered the details on the calculator, and it says it is FREE on green and extra easy! cant believe it! So on ee is completely free, and on green u could add HE of meat or loads of veg to make it free. Was delish. U have to add some veg oil, but i used much less than they suggested by mixing with a bit of water.

Attachments

• DSCF0702.jpg
    DSCF0702.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 195
Potatoes Boulangere (recipe from the sw website)

Cooked these potatoes yeaterday with steak and steamed carrot.. may look a bit boring but with a knorr stock in, they were delicious..:p
p1.jpg

Potato rosti breakfast

Tried making rosties and they weren't too bad, but will keep trying!
b1.jpg

2 x ww brown bread (HEb)
3 healthy living lean bacon slices
1 poached egg
baked beans
1 rosti, hidden under the beans

my "everything in the fridge" soup i made tonight. Carrot, cauli, butternut squash, onion, couple of veg stock cubes, celery, leek & potato. A before and after shot here. Was delish, free on EE and green, and perfect to take to work in a flask or to have something warm to munch throughout the day. Also, nearly all are speed foods :D

Attachments

• DSCF0703.jpg
    DSCF0703.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCF0705.jpg
    DSCF0705.jpg
    480.9 KB · Views: 184
my dinner of potato wedges quorn bangers with apple ,salad with frylight ceaser salad dressing my curried parsnip soup as a dip and some Sainsbury's Taste the Difference, Caramelised Red Onion Chutney 1 level tbsp 1 syn oh and pickles. And i have to say the quorn bangers are lovely i wasnt keen on the ones you get out the freezer so these are gonna be on my shopping list every week

Attachments

• IMG_4667.jpg
    IMG_4667.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 274
Your noodles look gorgeous Britmum!!!

Made a baked lemon chicken dish tonight. It was delicious, wasn't much to look at but very yummy :D

IMG00340-20091208-2009.jpg

Mmmmm yummy! I made my own burgers last night but they were only 5% less fat ones... better than nothing I guess! I did forget to take a pic though because I was so hungry!

Hayley xxx

Back