+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Look like worms wrapped round okra!! lol

Made a lovely lunch today, had to take a pic! Got some lovely fresh crab meat on tuesday so decided to make a crab salad. I mixed the crab meat with 3 laughing cow lights, 1T Hellmann's extra light, finely chopped red onion, chopped gherkins, mustard and lots of black pepper. Served on a green salad with balsamic vinegar drizzled over. Deeelish! I also got some lean beef brisket so I've got salt beef curing in the fridge. It needs to cure for a week then boiled and sliced thinly. It's delicious in sandwiches, on salads etc. It's like being back in New York! :D

c4b20bab.jpg

Summer potato, chicken & basil casserole with steamed green beans

9cfbc9e8.jpg

SW eton mess :D

95a7cda3.jpg

oh just found them, they are called fiddleheads.

this is what they look like:

FiddleheadFern_WF_5-17.jpg

they dont look very appetising do they?

I was watching a US Cookery Programme last night called 'Chopped' and these veggies were being used.....

They were called 'Fiddle Head Ferns' and were being used mainly in stir frys and salads, apparently they mustn't be over cooked because they will turn black - so they were just quickly being stir fried - they certainly look very different.

HI StaceyUK, I make a brine out of;
4 litres water
10 all spice kernels
1tbsp coriander seeds
1tbsp crushed black pepper
620g sea salt
350g brown sugar
4 bay leaves
Few sprigs of thyme
1 head of garlic
2kg lean brisket

Bring all but the last 2 ingredients to the boil. Once boiled, turn off the heat and allow to cool completely. Trim all fat from the beef and place in a large plastic container with a lid. Halve the garlic and place on top of the beef. Pour the brine on top of the beef and cover well. Refrigerate and allow to cure for 10 days. After 10 days, rinse well and boil in fresh water for 2 hours. That's it!! Keeps really well and you can cut slices off for sarnies and things.

Made ricotta & spinach cannelloni today!

Cannelloni in tomato sauce
fc267fb7.jpg

With fromage frais and parmesan on top
3b13fd6e.jpg

Served up!
dabbeb15.jpg

Ooh, thankyou.

Some great ideas here :)

Sure thing,

Blanche some spinach (around 250g) in boiling water, squeeze well and chop fine. Mix with 250g ricotta cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Set aside

Meanwhile make the tomato sauce by sautéing some onions and garlic in oil spray. Add some dried chillies, 2 tins of plum tomatoes, salt, pepper & a touch of sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes

Pour the tomato sauce in an oven dish, stuff cannelloni tubes with the ricotta & spinach mixture and arrange on the tomato sauce (should take 16 tubes). Grate 40g parmesan and mix about 1/3 with a 500g tub of fat free fromage frais. Add an egg and season, mix well. Pour over the cannelloni and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Bake for 40 minutes until bubbling and golden brown. Serves 4 generously. 1 HEB + 1.5 syns per serving on a green day :D

Crab cakes for dinner! Served with mango, tomato & avocado salad (3 syns)

96bf03be-1.jpg

Last edited:
Honeycot, lovely food! By the way, I want a weight tracker just like yours! How did you do it? I clicked on extrapounds.com and registered with them however, they must have technical problems because It won't let me change the dates - or generate a weight tracker. I sent them an email anyway but was just curious. Did you pay? I haven't paid - is that why they are not letting me have a tracker like yours here?

I really like it!

Week 1-4: 17.5lbs Week 4-9: 15.5lbs
club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

Honeycot, lovely food! By the way, I want a weight tracker just like yours! How did you do it? I clicked on extrapounds.com and registered with them however, they must have technical problems because It won't let me change the dates - or generate a weight tracker. I sent them an email anyway but was just curious. Did you pay? I haven't paid - is that why they are not letting me have a tracker like yours here?

I really like it!

Week 1-4: 17.5lbs Week 4-9: 15.5lbs
club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

Hi Groovy, when you go to the extrapounds.com and you've registered, go to weight log and enter all the weight you've lost every week since your first day on SW. Then it'll show the losses. If you just enter the weight you are today, it'll think you're only starting today, does that makes sense...?

Back