+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

I understand what you are saying but when I try to follow it, it won't let me add the date or anything. It's strange. Anyway, not to worry as I've just added this graphic instead. Thank you for your help.

Week 1-4: 17.5lbs Week 4-9: 15.5lbs
club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

Awww that's a shame, it was pretty straightforward when I did it... Maybe try again tomorrow? Thanks for the friend request btw :D

Crab cakes for dinner! Served with mango, tomato & avocado salad (3 syns)

96bf03be-1.jpg

Wow, the crab cakes look amazing, please could you share the recipe or come to mine and make it for me?? :8855:

Sure thing,

Blanche some spinach (around 250g) in boiling water, squeeze well and chop fine. Mix with 250g ricotta cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Set aside

Meanwhile make the tomato sauce by sautéing some onions and garlic in oil spray. Add some dried chillies, 2 tins of plum tomatoes, salt, pepper & a touch of sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes

Pour the tomato sauce in an oven dish, stuff cannelloni tubes with the ricotta & spinach mixture and arrange on the tomato sauce (should take 16 tubes). Grate 40g parmesan and mix about 1/3 with a 500g tub of fat free fromage frais. Add an egg and season, mix well. Pour over the cannelloni and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Bake for 40 minutes until bubbling and golden brown. Serves 4 generously. 1 HEB + 1.5 syns per serving on a green day :D

Went to the store to get the ingredients, but couldn't find the ricotta. Is there anything else I could use instead to stuff them? Also how many portions would this be? Looks so yummy, can't wait to make it!

The recipe makes enough for 4 people. I think you can swap ricotta with quark but I can't vouch for the taste lol. You can get ricotta cheese in Waitrose or Sainsbury's in the cheese section.

Wow, the crab cakes look amazing, please could you share the recipe or come to mine and make it for me?? :8855:

Okay here's what you need;
serves 4

400g fresh crab meat
600g potatoes
1 green pepper, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 spring onions, sliced
2 fresh chillies, chopped
1 egg
1 tsp mustard
Salt & pepper

Sauté the spring onions, garlic, chillies and green pepper until softened, set aside.

Boil the potatoes until soft, mash roughly (not too smooth) and season with salt & pepper. Add in the sauteed veg, crab meat and egg. Season and add the mustard. It'll be a little wet. Shape into patties and brown in a hot pan on both sides. Transfer to an oven preheated to 200C and bake for 15 minutes until crispy round the edges and cooked all the way through.

For the salad chop some mango, avocadoes (3 syns per quarter), tomatoes and finely slice 1/4 red onion. Add lemon juice, salt, pepper and chopped coriander and serve with the crab cakes!

Thank you Honey, that's tomorrow's tea sorted :D

Meli, probably a bit late to help but I make a version of the cannelloni that's syn free and uses cottage cheese and quark with the spinach to stuff the tubes instead of ricotta. I also add a beaten egg and lots of black pepper. And some chopped up fresh basil, sorry can't remember if that was in Honeyoc's original recipe. I love it, makes it syn free as long as you use a HEA for the cheese topping. I just use cheddar :)

In fact I might buy the stuff to cook it for one of next week's dinners. Thanks for reminding me about it Honeyoc!

Meli, probably a bit late to help but I make a version of the cannelloni that's syn free and uses cottage cheese and quark with the spinach to stuff the tubes instead of ricotta. I also add a beaten egg and lots of black pepper. And some chopped up fresh basil, sorry can't remember if that was in Honeyoc's original recipe. I love it, makes it syn free as long as you use a HEA for the cheese topping. I just use cheddar :)

In fact I might buy the stuff to cook it for one of next week's dinners. Thanks for reminding me about it Honeyoc!

That sounds amazing!! And a lot easier than what I made. It got a little complicated when I had to calculate percentages of HE's to add together :eek: Will definitely try it this way next time and see if I like it better. Thanks for sharing!!!

Had this for lunch yesterday, was delicious

DSC_01311_thumb.jpg

Warm Bacon and Poached Egg Salad

Oh yummmmmyyyy!!!!! That's such an amazing pic! I think I may have this for lunch tomorrow, except maybe with ham - not such a huge fan of bacon (not the lean sort anyway :D ) Was that amount enough for you though? I'd have to follow that with a big fruit salad with Greek yogurt dolloped over. Mmmmmm. Fantastic as usual Britmum!

yep it was quite filling with the egg. I used baby romaine leaves, they are yummy, not bitter like some soft leaves, kind of have a slight sweet taste.

I too followed it with fruit. ;) though.

Dinner tonight was chilli con carne using diced lamb instead of mince. I have to say I much preferred it!

9f77dfb7.jpg

Come on over Allie! Thanks AG1981, it was indeed yum. Cooked for 8 hours in the slow cooker so the lamb was meltingly tender and the sauce really rich and robust. I'm really digging my slow cooker these days! :D

I love lamb, is hard to come by here htough, apart from New Zealand lamb.

I often do my chilli with a nice cut of beef chopped up rather than mince, so I bet it was really yummy with lamb.

I love lamb, is hard to come by here htough, apart from New Zealand lamb.

I often do my chilli with a nice cut of beef chopped up rather than mince, so I bet it was really yummy with lamb.

Can you get lean lamb mince? I will miss that if not!! My hubby doesn't eat beef so I usually use lamb instead!

Back