+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

British with a twist of HoneyOC ;)

Just wondering, is Goat and Jollof rice is as common in Nigeria as it is in other west African nations? xx

Yep it is!!! It's more a special occasion meal because its a pain in the bum to make and goat meat can be expensive. So on a Sunday or on someone's birthday or if guests are coming over then out comes the jollof rice! It's also universally known so Nigerians serve it up when foreign guest/friends drop by. It's DH's fave meal and he's an Aussie!

Haha! I hadn't seen it crop up in your diaries so I was curious! I tried it a few times in Ghana but it didn't tickle my fancy! xx

I know, I don't really cook much Nig food on SW. I think because it's typically heavy on the oil, it's not quite the same when I cook it with spray oil or a small amount of oil. Having said that I think I will give it a shot and see how it goes. Not sure how they cook J'rice in Ghana cuz every region tweaks their recipe but I'm sure you'd love it if I cooked you some! With proper fried plantain and spicy spinach. Yum! Miss my mom now lol!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photo.php?pid=13514632&id=711475611

i don't think this works, as its too big.

Either way, i was looking forward to roasted veg.

They all burnt :(

how high did you have the oven? I cook mine on 350f which is about 175c for about an hour, sometimes longer, I find if you have the oven too high, then they will burn with just the spray oil on. I also give them a good mix half way through, especially if you have tomatoes in there, as the juice from them will coat the vegetables and also stop them burning.

how high did you have the oven? I cook mine on 350f which is about 175c for about an hour, sometimes longer, I find if you have the oven too high, then they will burn with just the spray oil on. I also give them a good mix half way through, especially if you have tomatoes in there, as the juice from them will coat the vegetables and also stop them burning.

They were in at 210c for about half an hour just with fry light. I'll definitely try a lower temp for longer next time, thanks for the tip!! I think they may have been to far apart-spaced on the tray too :(

I'll keep on tryin :)

I know, I don't really cook much Nig food on SW. I think because it's typically heavy on the oil, it's not quite the same when I cook it with spray oil or a small amount of oil.

You can say that again! I am Spanish and I cannot make the traditional Spanish omelette because it is not the same. In Spain we fry the potatoes in oil prior to making the omelette. This gives it the full flavour and delicious taste.

I tried my own Slimming World version (parboiled potatoes and fried potatoes with fry light) but it tasted not so good! :)
I will try to make it again with a different fry-light. I should use the olive oil fry-light and not the buttery taste one. I think that is what made it taste horrible. :D

Had this for dinner on Friday

DSC_0239_thumb.jpg

Lamb burgers with a minted yoghurt and feta salad. It was delicious!! and satisfied my craving for lamb.

That does look amazing Britmum! Do you only ever do EE days, or do you combine red & green too? Just curious :D

Dinner tonight was grilled salmon with boiled jersey potatoes and roasted peppers, courgette and tomatoes in olive oil

IMG00023-20100704-2008.jpg

this was a fridge raid salad lol which I had for lunch

DSC_0252_thumb.jpg

and for dinner I made a Roasted Butternut Squash and Lentil curry, which was delicious. My dad who is visiting at the moment, had seconds and my 3 year old loved it too.

LENTILCURRY2_thumb.jpg

I love leftovers!!! I think they're the best thing ever lol! And I'm also having a curry tonight, monkfish and spinach curry... It's happening again! Cue scary movie music, dum dum dummmmmmm!!!!

Back