+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

I know, I don't really cook much Nig food on SW. I think because it's typically heavy on the oil, it's not quite the same when I cook it with spray oil or a small amount of oil. Having said that I think I will give it a shot and see how it goes. Not sure how they cook J'rice in Ghana cuz every region tweaks their recipe but I'm sure you'd love it if I cooked you some! With proper fried plantain and spicy spinach. Yum! Miss my mom now lol!

Had Jollof rice just the other day as it happens (nephew's birthday)! My mum makes it with tom puree, spices and tinned toms - and she forewent the oil for the first time and it still tasted lovely! Worked out to about a syn per portion (15 people)

I had to cook traditional Nigerian stew too, but this time measured the oil and cooked it on a low heat so it didn't go 'dry'. Worked out to 9 syns per portion (a mahoosive pot enough to feed 15), with rice boiled with a chicken stock cube, syn free roasted chicken and sliced roast plantain. A lot of syns, (altogether 10) but enough of a treat! It was weird to eat oil again though after weeks of Frylight.

Had Jollof rice just the other day as it happens (nephew's birthday)! My mum makes it with tom puree, spices and tinned toms - and she forewent the oil for the first time and it still tasted lovely! Worked out to about a syn per portion (15 people)

I had to cook traditional Nigerian stew too, but this time measured the oil and cooked it on a low heat so it didn't go 'dry'. Worked out to 9 syns per portion (a mahoosive pot enough to feed 15), with rice boiled with a chicken stock cube, syn free roasted chicken and sliced roast plantain. A lot of syns, (altogether 10) but enough of a treat! It was weird to eat oil again though after weeks of Frylight.

Oooh Christiana, you're a genuis! Thanks for sharing. I think I'm going to make some jollof rice this weekend!! I've got some vegetable stew (efo riro) in the freezer (stirred in a tbsp of palm oil in the end so got all the taste for minimal syns) so was just going to have that with some roasted fish (probably monkfish or snapper) and rice tonight! Yum!!

Oooh Christiana, you're a genuis! Thanks for sharing. I think I'm going to make some jollof rice this weekend!! I've got some vegetable stew (efo riro) in the freezer (stirred in a tbsp of palm oil in the end so got all the taste for minimal syns) so was just going to have that with some roasted fish (probably monkfish or snapper) and rice tonight! Yum!!

No probs! Jollof rice with fish sounds wonderful! I look forward to your pics!

I had this for a quick lunch today.

I have never attempted the SW chips before, but I have to say I added peri-peri seasoning and they were the best chips I have ever had, diet or non-diet!

I know chips don't really go with salad but I really fancied some with caesar dressing mmmm.

Attachments

• DSC00399 (2) (1280x870).jpg
    DSC00399 (2) (1280x870).jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 305

I have never attempted the SW chips before, but I have to say I added peri-peri seasoning and they were the best chips I have ever had, diet or non-diet!

I know chips don't really go with salad but I really fancied some with caesar dressing mmmm.

That looks delicious! Teeny portion though, was that enough?

They do look lovely. Chips and salad is my fav.

Here are a few of the last weeks meals...
todays brekkie -nanas with blackberries and natural yogurt

"buffalo" chicken -should have been wings, but I used breast (very nice cold too)2.5syns

Home made coleslaw, bacon and low fat cheddar (he A)

home made burgers with cheese(heA) and gherkin and marmite wedges (1syn)

The obligatory sunday dinner -Lamb and yorkshire pud (5syns)+milk from allowance

bolognaise with paprika wedges (1syn)tonights dinner and it was gorgeous

Here are a few of the last weeks meals...
todays brekkie -nanas with blackberries and natural yogurt

"buffalo" chicken -should have been wings, but I used breast (very nice cold too)2.5syns

Home made coleslaw, bacon and low fat cheddar (he A)

home made burgers with cheese(heA) and gherkin and marmite wedges (1syn)

The obligatory sunday dinner -Lamb and yorkshire pud (5syns)+milk from allowance

bolognaise with paprika wedges (1syn)tonights dinner and it was gorgeous

Looking delicious!!!!

ohhhhh wow -I want those piggy corn holders :D
here is my dinner tonight,
Thai salmon with vegetable egg fried rice. It was only 28g dried weight of rice and with all the veggies it made loads -it was gorgeous

Sorry Britmum -
meant to say how lovely your meal looked :eek:-I got distracted by the piggy :p

Used Britmum's recipe for squidgy chocolate cake last night and have been showing it off all over the site - it was GORGEOUS!!
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/117410-squidgy-chocolate-cake.html
IMG00037-20100706-2113.jpg

IMG00039-20100706-2121.jpg

I also made a veggie curry and started a giant jaffa last night - the curry was lovely, will post a pic tomorrow as i'm having it again tonight, and the giant jaffa is still awaiting its chocolate topping, which i believe is the tricky bit! Wish me luck! x

Back