+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Tonights dinner of Quorn Lasagne..... yummy

001-9.jpg

002-5.jpg

#loopeylou - Thank you. Was one of my own, with a new sauce.

Recipe Quorn Lasagne ( serves 2)
1 onion - chopped
2 carrots - chopped
1 tin chopped tomatoes
veg stock cube
mixed herbs
balsamic vineger
salt and pepper
lasagne sheets
Quorn mince i used about 3/4 of a small frozen pack
1 sachet Schwarts chedder cheese sauce mix
300ml milk
2oz chedder ( not low fat)

method
soften onion and carrots in fry light, then add tomatoes, stock cube, some water, balsamic vineger, salt and pepper an herbs. simmer for 20 mins ish. Then blitz with hand blitzer. add quorn mince and simmer for 10 or so mins, add more water if necessary.
meanwhile make the sauce following packet instructions.
assemble as for any lasagne. sprinkle cheese over top. I cooked at 180c for 30mins.

was LUSH :) much better with the packet cheese sauce. I really HATE the egg/fromage frais SW alternative.
Cheese sauce mix 8syns between the 2 of us and 1 HEA group for cheese and 1/2 HEA for milk in sauce.

That lasagne looks lush!!!

The Biryani was made with a Schwartz Chicken Biryani recipe mix with roasted spices (30g)..3.5 syns, I shopped at Tesco and bought it, it serves 4 so with the half a syn for the whole curry added, round it up to 4 syns making it 1syn per portion of Biryani and curry yummy!

You add an onion, chicken, rice, and frozen peas to the mix, instructions are on the back.

Vegetable Curry for Chicken Biryina

Mixed Vegetable Curry

Syns per Serving | Green - Syn Free / Original - ½ Syn

Servings | 4

Ingredients

- Fry Light

- ½ tsp black mustard seeds

- ½ tsp cumin seeds

- 1 onion, thinly sliced

- 2 curry leaves

- 1 green chilli, finely chopped

- 2.5cm (1 inch) piece root ginger, finely chopped

- 2tbsp curry powder

- 1 small cauliflower, broken into florets

- 1 large carrot, sliced thickly

- 113gm (4oz) French beans, cut into 2.5cm (1 inch) lengths

- ¼ tsp ground turmeric

- ¼ tsp chilli powder

- ½ tsp salt

- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped

- 57gm (2oz) frozen peas, thawed (2 Syns Original)

- 142ml (¼ pint) vegetable stock, made with Vecon

- fresh curry leaves, to garnish

Method

1. Heat a large heavy-based saucepan sprayed with Fry Light and fry the mustard seeds and cumin seeds for 2 minutes until
they begin to splutter.

2. Add the onion and the curry leaves and fry for 5 minutes.

3. Add the chilli and ginger and fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the curry powder and fry for 3-4 minutes.

4. Add the cauliflower florets, sliced carrot and French beans and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the turmeric, chilli powder,
salt and tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.

5. Add the thawed peas and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.

6. Add the stock. Cover and simmer over a low heat for 10-15 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.

We had it with a Tesco Finest MINI garlic and corriander naan bread, from a 4 pack, 8 syns each.

The Biryani was made with a Schwartz Chicken Biryani recipe mix with roasted spices (30g)..3.5 syns, I shopped at Tesco and bought it, it serves 4 so with the half a syn for the whole curry added, round it up to 4 syns making it 1syn per portion of Biryani and curry yummy!

Sue- thank you so much, made this for tea tonight and everybody gobbled it up!

#sueschoices - was that the squidy chocolate cake recipe??? If so how did it taste? mine was horrid when i made it!
How much sweetner did you use?
yours looks good, mind you mine 'looked' good just tasted bitter

#sueschoices - was that the squidy chocolate cake recipe??? If so how did it taste? mine was horrid when i made it!
How much sweetner did you use?
yours looks good, mind you mine 'looked' good just tasted bitter
It was indeed! Well It tasted like a chocolate brownie but i forgot to see what time it was when I put it in the oven, so was pure guess work lol Tasted nice :)

I used Tesco own granulated sweetner 75g tub, as the prices of the others were too high. Need to make it again though as let the yolk mixture get too thick and if you look closely you can see the coco clogs lol!! It was just right in sweetness, I need to sort the texture out by doing it right this time, oh and making a record of the time it goes in the oven!!

Thanks :) Will try again with lots more sweetner. Thought i might try using some options powder instead of some of the cocoa?? and mix the powder with some hot water to make it mix with the yolk mix better?

Think this is a project for the week.

Back