Tonights dinner
010-6.jpg

The stir fry

015-3.jpg

Mine with Quorn Steak strips

016-2.jpg

Hubbys with HEB of chicken

honey that looks yummy!! How is your rice not sticking together???? :rolleyes:

I consider myself a good cook............ but i can NOT cook rice..... so i am afraid i cheat....lol its a packet rice.
Asda savoury rice, golden vegetable.

Asda Savoury Rice, Golden Vegetable, made up as directed, dried 100g cooked

½ Syn on Extra Easy Original 5½ Syns Green ½ Syn

so 1 syn for the pack and between 3 of us i count it as free.

I only use micro rice or boil in the bag or the packet ones now, just can not master rice, i have tried all methods, it either sticks together or is hard or burns. *sigh*

so my advice for perfect rice.....CHEAT....hahaha

Tonights feast :)
Kofta Kebas - Quorn ones for me and Hubby on red day so his were beef

001-13.jpg

003-7.jpg

Mine

002-7.jpg

Hubbys

My rice used to always stick together until I got told to rinse it first. Basically you put it in the pan, fill with cold water, swirl the rice around & carefully pour the water out (the rice stays in the bottom of the pan so you won't tip that out unless you turn the whole thing upside down!) Repeat another two times, then cook your rice as normal.

These days my rice never sticks :)

I have a rice ball that stops that problem. I put the rice in it and then drop it in the water, when it's cooked I can then just lift it out, no more sticky rice!

Ooooh, could I have the recipe for the quorn kofte please. It looks amazing! x

Hi
Quorn Kofte serves 1
1/2 chick peas
100g ish Quorn mince
egg enough to bind
1/2 chopped onion
clove of garlic
(The following quantities of spices were for a recipe using 1lb of beef, so i just added what i thought would be ok for me, but i just chucked it in by eye! so about a 1/4 of these quantities)
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
salt and pepper.

I gently softened the onion and garlic in fry light, then blitzed in food processor, add chick peas and blitz then add mince and egg and spices and blitz again. mould into balls and place on a fry lighted tray and bake for 10-15 mins at 200c

I served in a pita bread with lettuce and tomato with a carrot and red cabbage coleslaw and Tzatziki

Tzatziki: Yogurt Sauce (Greek yogurt and cucumber sauce)
Low fat plain or greek yogurt as much as you need
1/2 medium cucumber grated
2 pinch of salt
1 teaspoon lemon juice
dried mint to taste

i've tried everything, just CANT cook rice. will stick to cheating..lol

my mother in law taught me to cook rice, you have to wash all the starch off the rice in cold water/colinder before you boil it, then stick in a pan of cold water bring to boil, reduce to simmer, stir regularly, taste and once it's almost there, turn off heat, leave for 1-2 more mins, drain, wash with hot water to take away any of the residue starch, pour over boiling water and fluff with fork...perfect!

Back