+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Yeah i dont see how all those things we can't pronounce can be good. when homemade bread is just flour, yeast and salt really.

It'll still be the begining of the end if i get that bread maker out again! maybe for a xmas treat....lol

Yeah i dont see how all those things we can't pronounce can be good. when homemade bread is just flour, yeast and salt really.

It'll still be the begining of the end if i get that bread maker out again! maybe for a xmas treat....lol

I cut and pasted the ingredients from Tesco's site. I then googled TempText2 to find out what on earth it was. Turns out to be a bit of stray computer code stuff that was accidentally included in the ingredients LOL

Your carbonara looks lovely, can you tell me how you do it as there are so many diff recipes :) thanks hun x

cooked spaghetti
Quorn ham/quorn bacon or HEB for real bacon or free bacon if EE(cooked already)
Sauce is ( for 2) 2 eggs and 1/2 tub Quark, salt and pepper. whisk together.
When spaghetti is cooked, return to pan and mix in sauce and bacon, keep stiring until the egg in the sauce just starts to set. dont over do it else it becomes really dry.
sprinkle with cheese HEA :)

Please give me a step by step guide lol that looks amazing and now the weather is changing I really could eat pie!! lol

Okaaaay,

Make up some smash using less water to make it 'dough' like, use half of it to mould round a pyrex dish that you're going to cook the pie in, and then use a pizza dish to make the top of the pie. I cooked these in the oven for about 20 minutes to let them go crispy, whilst they were cooking I fried (in frylight) some chicken, mushrooms and onions. Once they were cooked I mixed in some vecon stock and let it simmer for a while.

Then I poured all this into the pyrex dish, put the smash top onto the pie & put it back into the oven for about 15 minutes, and taadaa. Was so nice!!

DonerKebab.jpg

This is my kebab made with turkey mince instead of the lamb mince as I'm doing a speed food challenge. The recipe for kebab is further up in this thread.

However I did make a syn free chilli sauce and garlic yogurt which were very tasty

ChilliSauceandGarlicYogurt-1.jpg

Chilli Sauce - Syn free all plans

1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
2 red chillies, halved, deseeded, then chopped
2 cloved garlic, chopped
Place all ingredients into a pan and bring to the boil. Turn heat down and simmer for 10 minutes before blending and transfering to a dish to cool before serving.

Garlic Yogurt - Syn free all plans

1 tub of very low fat natural yogurt
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced.
1 tsp no added sugar mint sauce

Combine all the ingredients and refridgerate for at least 5 hours before serving.

Last edited:
Oooo did you post the recipes for this? I'd love some Vegan mayo ( I'm veggie but try and eat Vegan as much as I can!)

Yeah sure:

400g silken tofu
1 tbsp sweetener
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp onion granules
1 tsp mustard (0.5 syns)

Put everything in a bowl and use a handblender to blend until smooth. Easy Peasy!

Okaaaay,

Make up some smash using less water to make it 'dough' like, use half of it to mould round a pyrex dish that you're going to cook the pie in, and then use a pizza dish to make the top of the pie. I cooked these in the oven for about 20 minutes to let them go crispy, whilst they were cooking I fried (in frylight) some chicken, mushrooms and onions. Once they were cooked I mixed in some vecon stock and let it simmer for a while.

Then I poured all this into the pyrex dish, put the smash top onto the pie & put it back into the oven for about 15 minutes, and taadaa. Was so nice!!

Well I made mine looks great, will report back after dinner lol x Thanks again for this!

The chocolate log from christmas book - had some trouble with the greasproof and some of the 'cake' stuck. need better baking parchment!!
I made some alterations to the filling too.

002-15.jpg

I halved the recipe from the book and used
2 eggs
28g self raising flour
28g sugar
7g cocoa

beat eggs and sugar till frothy and sift in the flour and cocoa and fold in.
pour into a lined ( with better paper than i had - and fry light too if i were you) swiss roll tin
bake for 10 mins at 200c

filling
i used,
1/2 tub Quark,
100g(ish - i just tipped some in!) fromage frais
1 sachet of white chocolate options
sweetner
frozen and defrosted cherries

mix quark, fromage frais, sweetner and chocolate together,

spread over the cooled cake mix, and put cherries in and roll up.

serves 4 3syns

Tonights Roast dinner
001-21.jpg

This is the Nut loaf in the new Xmas book. Was yummy. Its 11 1/2 syns a portion! but i used the nuts as a HEB and didnt have any bread so no bread crumbs either. but was YUMMY

Prawn, chilli and ginger cakes
Makes 12 1 syn each EE RED ( and GREEN if you use the prawns as HEB)
113g bread
225g raw king prawns
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
2.5cm root ginger, chopped
1 TBSP corriander
1 egg
salt and pepper
fry light

Place the bread in a bowl and cover with water and soak for 10seconds. then squeeze out excess water.
Place bread, prawns, chilli, ginger, corrinader, egg and seasoning in to food processor and blitz. ( it does look like gloopy bluish mush!!)
heat frylight in frying pan and dollop in spoonfuls and fry for 2-3 mins each side until golden on each side (the prawns will have gone pink too)

Thanks for the recipe honey, will defo try it out for one of my dinners next week. I lovvvve ginger and chilli, mmm.....

My first time at trying to post a piccie, so here goes... My dinner tonight - falafels, potato salad, corn on the cob, and salad. With a garlic and coriander dip. And all free on green :D

DSCF0476.jpg

Sorry guys, no idea why that came out so big! Any idea how to shrink it a little??

Wow those falafel look great! Are they home made? Are all falafel free!??

Wow those falafel look great! Are they home made? Are all falafel free!??

Aw, thanks Nadiya. I would guess that not all falafel are free - some might contain oil or something, or be fried.

But yep, these ones were homemade. Pretty simple actually:
- can of chickpeas
- a small carrot, chopped
- an onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- cumin to taste, salt and pepper
Just whizz the above in a food processor, not too much to keep some texture, stir in some fresh chopped coriander (i also added a couple of spoons of quark, as it needed using up) then shape into balls. Cook in hot-ish oven until browned (i'm never very precise about temps / times when it comes to my cooking!!)

Back