+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Sorry guys, no idea why that came out so big! Any idea how to shrink it a little??

If you uploaded it to a site like photobucket first try editing the size of picture there then copy and paste to your post.

My dinner tonight - risotto carbonara with baby courgette, was v. YUM (much better than it looks, lol)

Let's see if my attempts to resize have worked.... (thanks for the tip honey, was the 1st time i'd uploaded a pic to one of those websites)

DSCF0480-1.jpg

My dinner tonight - risotto carbonara with baby courgette, was v. YUM (much better than it looks, lol)

Let's see if my attempts to resize have worked.... (thanks for the tip honey, was the 1st time i'd uploaded a pic to one of those websites)

DSCF0480-1.jpg

Oooo! That risotto looks lovely hun, yum yum! Could I possibly have the recipe? xxx

I made a different pizza tonight. A bit synful (about 8 or 9 syns + 1 HeB) but worth it! :)

Spread 1 tsp of sundried tomato paste very thinly on a HM wholemeal pizza base and top with caramelised red onion (frylight, balsamic vinegar and splenda), 2 chopped walnut halves, dried thyme and an ounce of soft goats cheese. Bake for 8 minutes.

kevhn5.jpg

Oooo! That risotto looks lovely hun, yum yum! Could I possibly have the recipe? xxx

Hi dudette!

Yes, of course you can - here it is....

- Fry 120g bacon in fry light
- Add 1 finely chopped onion and 1 clove of garlic, and cook until softened
- stir in a tsp of marigold veg boulion powder (guess any stock would be ok tho)
- add 225mL risotto rice, and stir until grains are coated with the oniony mix
- season with salt and pepper
- add 725mL boiling water (or guess you could add stock instead of the powder earlier)
- transfer to casserole dish and cook in centre of 150C oven for 20min
- stir, then back in oven for further 15min
- meanwhile, whisk 2 eggs with a tablspoon of fat-free natural yog or quark
- stir the egg mixture into the risotto, along with ~56g grated cheese of your choice (or more if its reduced fat!)
- the heat from the risotto should thicken / cook the egg mixture, so no need to put back into oven

This recipe serves 2, each portion is free on green using one hexa for the cheese and one hexb for the bacon (tho you could use quorn bacon instead and save your hexb!)

Here are some of this weeks/last weeks meals :) i usually do EE ;)

chickensoup.jpg

Chicken, Veg and Pastina (little pasta shapes) Soup

DnerKebabWIDE.jpg

Döner Kebab made with home made lean minced lamb,onions, garlic and loadsa herbs and spices :D I Syned the pitta as it wasn't wholemeal :rolleyes:

eggbaconrstibeansSW.jpg

Breakfast - lean bacon, 'fried 'egg & home made rösti and some baked beans. For the rösti, i grated a potato then cooked it in the microwave for about 1 minutes till it was almost done, then seasoned it with some onion powder, salt and some black pepper before frying it with a few sprays of Fry Light...it was luuuuurvly :)

fatfreechips.jpg

CHIIIIIPPPSSSS !!! LOL this is one of the reasons why i LOVE slimming world :bliss: i cook the chips in chicken stock first then cook them in a hot oven till crispy.

pennearrabiata.jpg

Penne Arrabiatta - made with tinned chopped tomatoes, bit of onion, garlic and plenty of chilli coz i like it really hot :D Parmesan cheese was a HEA.

xx
p.s i hope i've uploaded the pics properly !

A few more pics from the last two weeks!

Sausage casserole -
Sausagecasserole-1.jpg

Creamy coconut curry -
coconutcurry-1.jpg

Coronation chicken -
Coronationchicken-1.jpg

Chocolate bran cake -
cake-1.jpg

Tandoor fillets, rice with garlic andherb dip -
lunchidea-1.jpg

Emily

fatfreechips.jpg

CHIIIIIPPPSSSS !!! LOL this is one of the reasons why i LOVE slimming world :bliss: i cook the chips in chicken stock first then cook them in a hot oven till crispy.

WOW your chips look amazing, mine never look like that!

thanks ladies :) it's only taken me about 2 years to get 'em right LOL .....i've tried lots of different cooking methods and i find that cooking them in chicken stock works best......and i always use floury potatoes rather than waxy potatoes as they roughen up better and you end up with crispier chips....sometimes i'll accidentally boil them for too long and i end up with crispy mash instead of crispy chips which is also good LOL :D

oh and i always let them cool down after boiling them, the same way you would cool down fried chips before frying them a second time to crisp them up....it really does seem to make a difference ;)

x

hiya Sueschoices :)

i live in Germany so the variety of potatoes will probably be different to the English ones...i usually use a potato called 'Fontane' but any kind of floury potato will do ...this bit of info might help :

Floury potatoes
These are usually potatoes with a high dry matter content, which means lots of starch. They are good for mashing, frying, baking and for chips. They are good for boiling/steaming too - BUT you must stand over them whilst they are cooking, otherwise they will fall apart. Remove the heat as soon as the knife goes in, or the skins begin to crack. They cook slower when steamed. As for frying - the harder and drier the potato, the better it will fry; you can judge this when you cut it through with a knife. Examples of floury potatoes: Golden Wonder, British Queen, Maris Piper, Edzell Blue, Shetland Black. Golden Wonder is very very dry in texture and fries better than any other potato I have met. Maris Piper is the chip shop favourite.

hope that helps :)

xx

ms puppet, my god those chips look divinnnnee. i must try do it again remembering ur tips.

i done them once and they cam eout to be crispy mash potatoe like u sai d:p

Here are some of this weeks/last weeks meals :) i usually do EE ;)

chickensoup.jpg

Chicken, Veg and Pastina (little pasta shapes) Soup

Oooh, MsMuppet, your chips look AMAZING!!! As does all your food, i am getting hungry again just looking at the pics, even tho i'm eaten tons today, lol.

Could I have the recipe for your chicken soup, pretty please?

I've made diff kinds of veggie soup before, but am always a bit scared of chicken - not sure what to do with it! I know, I prob sound slightly dense.....

My latest healthy (and free!) concoctions....

Yesterdays dinner - cheesy beef and veg stew, free on red using one hexa

DSCF0484-1.jpg

Today's dinner - cheesy herby fish and butternut squash 'chips' (they didn't crisp, but tasted real good) with baked beans

Free on red, using hexa for the cheese, and about 1 1/2 hexb (1 for beans, and small amount of oats for the fish crust)

DSCF0488-1.jpg

And just made tomorrow's lunch - tuna and sweetcorn fritters. Adapted this from a recipe on this site - sorry, can't remember who from..... So if it was yours, pls let me know so I can thank you!!

Will be free on green, using tuna for hexb

DSCF0498-1.jpg

im new to site, and my mouth is watering seeing all those gorgeous pics of food lol.

made chicken noodle soup for lunch today was yummy and free on ee. not able to post pic as i havent posted enough yet... :(

Back