+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
How do you add photos?? Sorry, I'm new to this! x

Lunch today! Made a salad out of bulghur wheat, chopped peppers, grated carrots, black eye beans, sweetcorn, lettuce, and chopped beef. Topped with a dollop of salsa.

IMG00229-20110107-1412.jpg

Yesterday's lunch took all of 15 mins from start to finish

Soul in a bowl - Tom & Chilli Pasta
100_5315.jpg

Spaghetti drained (but keep a little of the water to make sauce go further) red pesto, one finely chopped largish red chilli, creme fraiche, salt and pepper, topped with hea of parmesan, sadly i dropped mine in one spot lol!

EE - Salmon, garlic & rosemary potatoes, beans - free

5333591587_1ca2da2151.jpg

EE - Chicken, stuffed mushroom & veg - free

5216018256_37a848078e.jpg

Wow!! This is making me very hungry and giving me lots of great ideas :)

Thanks all and I will be sure to post my photos on :)

This is roasted mixed veg with curry load and home made raita is very nice :0)

Attachments

• image-3282631125.jpg
    image-3282631125.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 199
This is pj's pork surprise!!! With veg fried rice, the surprise is u never know what veg is gonna be in it!!!

Attachments

• image-2586043979.jpg
    image-2586043979.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 201
Belfastbabybear your meals look amazing and hearty!! The picture quality is excellent!

How was it with quorn?

Yeah it was good. think next time i will cook the fillets plain first, then add the balsamic reduction. It soaked in too much adding it to the raw fillet and then it didn't make the sticky sauce that the chicken ones had. but deffinatley will do them again. The potatoes with the same recipe were YUM......... a nice change from chips and wedges

taken from my food diary :) :

I wanted a quick lunch today, so decided to do homemade potato wedges with salad for me and hubby (ds is at JK).

This is my cheats way of doing them.

Preheat oven to 200c or 400f

Get two large baking potatoes, and wash thoroughly, pierce with a knife and put in the microwave for 8-10 mins. You don't want them fully cooked, but you don't want them still raw either.

Remove from oven and cut into wedges, some of the potato may fall into bits, but this is even better as you get lovely crispy bits of potato from them.

You may need two baking trays, depending on how big your trays are, the key is not to have the wedges too close together, otherwise they will steam and go soggy instead of crispy.

Spray the trays with frylight, add you wedges. I seasoned them with a spicy barbecue seasoning, which has salt added, so I didnt need to add more salt. Then I sprayed over the top of the wedges and placed them in the oven.

When one side is golden turn over. Takes approx 30 mins for them to be cooked and nice and golden and crispy.

I served mine with a huge plate of salad - which consisted of romaine lettuce, roma tomatoes, cucumber and sweetcorn relish - which is about 0.5 syns per tablespoon. I also had a tablespoon of light mayo (for 2 syns).

Here was the finished result:

DSC_0727-Small.jpg

Last edited:
Ooo those look scrummy! Making them crispy like that looks like it makes all the difference, they look more like the frozen ready made ones rather than SW ones!

Back