+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Marmite could definitely work as they are a similar consistency. It's the Bovril that bubbles up whilst cooking and causes the potatoes to look fried. Post pics if you do, I'd like to see how it turns out!

I did a slow cooker garlic chicken?
Pop 15 Garlic in skin in slow cooker along with half cup of chicken stock teaspoon of chilli and 4 chicken thighs and cook on low for 8 hours. X

Last edited:
Couldn't resist & made marmite potatoes tonight... they were yummy! Thanks Christiana! :)
2011_0102281120100080.jpg

Which vegetables are in it? Recipe?

Hiya

I actually cheated and got a veg soup pack from asda that had it all freshly chopped up!
Basically it says it feeds four, but it is actually 2 decent servings.
It has onion, potatoe, carrot and swede.
100ml of water with 2 veg stock cubes.
Add all of the ingredients and bring to boil
Allow to simmer for 20-25 mins
Blend and season to taste

Kate x

Hiya

Here is my lunch...Homemade vegetable soup made with my sparkly new hand blender!! It was beautiful!!

163658_10150115050671882_511776881_7693734_3577336_n.jpg

Kate

Soup looks lovely hun, but it looks like it's only just covering the bottom of the dish, did it fill you up? I think i'd need 3 portions, hehe x

The marmite ones were sooooo good! I love roasties anyway but they tasted like ones my mum used to make when she put them in with the lamb ( a looong time ago- i've been veggie most of my life)

I didn't spead the marmite on, i diluted a spoon of marmite in a little bit of boiling water & spooned it over the pots. They take a bit longer to cook as the potatoes are wetter than normal, but well worth the wait! :eat:

BBQ sauce covered chicken, roast pots & veg:

168426_10150155169568835_502393834_8295701_3926637_n.jpg

Homemade houmous & toast:

36268_10150155140923835_502393834_8295247_4288216_n.jpg

The BBQ sauce was from a recipe I found when I searched on here, and was delish. Deffo going to be making that again, it also freezes too which is always good :)

The houmous recipe is:

1 can chickpeas drained and washed.
2 cloves of garlic
juice of half a lemon
2 teaspoons of cumin.
2oz water.

Blend it all together and thats it.
I found that the 2oz of water made it quite bland, so I made another batch with just 1oz water and extra lemon juice. I also added extra herbs into mine such as lemon pepper, italian seasoning and paprika. You can literally add any seasoning into it that you like I guess.

The BBQ sauce is from this link:

http://www.minimins.com/sw-sizzling-summer-recipes/101921-syn-free-bbq-sauce.html

I made these chocolate orange creamy buns today :)

I used the half syn roulade recipe and divided the mix into 12 silicone muffin tins. The kids had 6 and I decorated the remaining 6 with half a tub of quark mixed with 1 tsp splenda and 0.5 tsp orange essence.
Blob on top of a bun and add a satsuma segment and a chilled, finely grated Terry's chocolate orange segment (2.5 syns).

I reckon they are about half a syn each.

eaob5s.jpg

I made these chocolate orange creamy buns today :)

I used the half syn roulade recipe and divided the mix into 12 silicone muffin tins. The kids had 6 and I decorated the remaining 6 with half a tub of quark mixed with 1 tsp splenda and 0.5 tsp orange essence.
Blob on top of a bun and add a satsuma segment and a chilled, finely grated Terry's chocolate orange segment (2.5 syns).

I reckon they are about half a syn each.

eaob5s.jpg

They look good, Did you alter the cooking time for the fact they were 12 small cakes and not 1 big one?

Back