+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

sorry to be a pain, but Im new and Stacey said her recipe was on page 8 of the recipe page and I just cannot find it. Can anyone help me find my way there please.? thanks
Debs

cant help with this recipe hunt, but a good tip if you see something you like the look of is to add a post to the thread so then it makes it easier to find things you like.

looks luvly Britmum.. recipe?

EDIT: nevermind, I see the link now.. :)

question.. why is it 2.5syns on EE? the ingredients all sound free to me bar the LCL trinagles, but if using those as a HeA isn't it free then?

Last edited:
looks luvly Britmum.. recipe?

EDIT: nevermind, I see the link now.. :)

question.. why is it 2.5syns on EE? the ingredients all sound free to me bar the LCL trinagles, but if using those as a HeA isn't it free then?

yeah It is not using those as a HEa, hence the syns. You only need 5 triangles for the sauce which serves 4, so split up wouldn't be another for a HEa portion for one person, if that makes sense, so it was easier to just syn the triangles.

Hi Britmum this recipe says it has 2.5 syns in it, but I can't see where these syns are coming from, it all looks free to me. I'm quite new to SW can you tell me what's synned?

Hi Britmum this recipe says it has 2.5 syns in it, but I can't see where these syns are coming from, it all looks free to me. I'm quite new to SW can you tell me what's synned?

I presume you mean the pasta sauce.

The syns is for the laughing cow light, because I haven't counted them as a HEa, as there is only 5 laughing cow lights in the entire sauce which serves 4 people, so it wouldnt be enough laughing cow lights for a HEa serving for one person.

Of course if you want it syn free then you can use the laughing cow light as part of your HEa, but you need to make sure you are getting the rest of your portion in to your day somewhere else.

It was therefore easier just to syn the laughing cows.

its the garlic chicken and roast veg lasagne. I saw it yesterday and now I cant find my way back to it. :-(

I found this recipe, but I can't seem to do a minimins site search any more:

1. Garlic Chicken Lasagne

Servings | 2 (Very large servings)
Syns Per Serving | Green – 2 ½*
* Add 6 Syns if not using the Cheddar cheese as a Healthy Extra and a further 6 Syns if not using the chicken as a Healthy Extra

Ingredients
-Fry Light
-1 medium onion, finely chopped
-2tsp EPC Very Lazy Garlic or 2-4 cloves garlic, crushed
-227gm (8oz) skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes*
-400gm can chopped tomatoes
-1tsp dried oregano
-black pepper
-6 sheets dried no-need-to-pre-cook lasagne Verdi (spinach) sheets
-38gm sachet Morrisons Instant Cheese Sauce mix (5 Syns)
-85gm (3oz) reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated*

Method
1. Pre-heat oven to 190C / 375F / Gas Mark 5.

2. Heat a large pan sprayed with Fry Light and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.

3. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, oregano and seasoning. Heat through.

4. Spoon half the chicken mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish and top with 3 sheets of lasagne. Repeat the layers.

5. Make up the cheese sauce mix with boiling water as per the packet instructions. Add half of the grated cheese to the cheese sauce. Pour the cheese sauce over the top of the lasagne & sprinkle with the remaining cheese.

6. Transfer the lasagne dish to the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until the topping is golden brown, bubbling and cooked through.

7. Serve immediately with Syn-free potato wedges and a green salad.

And here's another one:

ROASTED VEG/CHICKEN LASAGNE

cooked chicken breast, cubed
various roasting veg (incl some whole garlic cloves)
tin of tomatoes with herbs
pack of Morrison's Instant Cheese sauce (38g pack - 5 syns)
cheddar cheese
6-7 lasagne sheets

1) Roast the veg for 20 mins (I used courgette, red onion, cherry toms, red pepper, orange pepper and mushrooms drizzles with balsamic vinegar)
2) Put the chicken and tinned tomatoes in a bowl and microwave until warmed through
3) Parboil lasagne sheets for 4-5 mins
4) Make up the cheese sauce as per instructions on pack

Spray a lasagne dish with Frylight. Squeeze the roasted garlic into the the chicken/tomato mixture and mix. Spoon into bottom of dish. Top with 3 lasagne sheets. Spoon all of the roasted veg over the lasagne and top with the remaining sheets. Pour the cheese sauce over the top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until golden brown on top. Serve with salad, if desired.

Using the cheese from your HEX allowance, the dish is only 5 syns for the lot on EE.

Ah right, thanks for clearing that up. Oh dear... I use Laughing Cow as my HE every day, but I usually only eat three, not five. Thanks for the heads up, I shall be sure to eat the other two in future!

Ah right, thanks for clearing that up. Oh dear... I use Laughing Cow as my HE every day, but I usually only eat three, not five. Thanks for the heads up, I shall be sure to eat the other two in future!

it will depend which laughing cow you are using, laughing cow extra light is 6x17.5g triangles for a HEa porton.

laughing cow light is 5x17.5g triangles for a HEa portion.

don't forget you can divide your healthy extra's up now too, so you could have half of laughing cow lights and half as milk or another cheese :)

for example 3x17.5g laughing cow extra lights and 125ml of semi skimmed milk.

IMG00452-20110129-1852.jpg

Homemade SS soup with a free 'coronation chicken' pasta and salad.

Just used LF FF, curry powder, garlic, some synfree bbq sauce and a couple of bits from my spice rack. And using a pack of quorn fajita chicken strips.

Stuffed and I burnt my mouth off by using too much curry powder :eek:

Back