+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Kankles said:
I recently tried the squidgy chocolate cake recipe. It looked great and the texture was lovely, however it tasted really really bland as if it was missing something. Did I do something drastically wrong or did anyone else find it the same?

Mine ws amazing just add more sweetner xx

How much more do u reckon? Recipe said 1 cup, I added just over that but I used the asda own version of splenda. Do u think the real splenda makes a difference?

I also thought about adding a bit of almond or orange essence but I am not quite sure that's the right fix.

How much more do u reckon? Recipe said 1 cup, I added just over that but I used the asda own version of splenda. Do u think the real splenda makes a difference?

I also thought about adding a bit of almond or orange essence but I am not quite sure that's the right fix.

Asda version is exactly the same as real Splenda - they're both 1% sucralose :) I'm loving the fact we can get cheaper sucralose sweeteners - Aldi is the best I've seen at 99p xx

Wow that is cheap! I'll try there next time. Thanks for the tip.

I guess I'll just have to try another attempt with more sweetner.

I was so chuffed when the cake came out, it looked rather tasty, but I was left feeling a bit gutted when it didn't quite taste as good as it looked.

X

Mine was horrid the first time i tried it, but perservered tweaking it here and there. I add cherries to the centre and turn it into a SW balck forest gateau with some squirty cream on top :)

Sausage (morrisons eat smart Cumberland sausage 1/2 syn each) eggs, chips, roast veg & beans x

Attachments

• image-909192683.jpg
    image-909192683.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 272
Well i made the donner and was a tad disappointed if im honest :-( my lil boy liked it tho as he stole from fridge~ see pic xx

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110217_172330.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110217_172330.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 196
Hey

This is my mega comfort food omelette recipe!!!

3 eggs, 42g LowLow Cheese, 2 tablespoons beans, quorn chicken pieces

Cook the quorn in microwave for about 4 mins
whisk 3 eggs in a bowl with grated cheese, a little lea & perrins and baked beans. Add quorn pieces.
Frylight frying pan
Put mixture in frying pan and keep moving around, leave for a couple of minutes until it is set
Pop under pre-heated grill for 2-3 minutes until lightly brown on top.
Have to admit it has taken me a while to get the cooking of this down!!!

photo-4.jpg

Hey

This is my mega comfort food omelette recipe!!!

3 eggs, 42g LowLow Cheese, 2 tablespoons beans, quorn chicken pieces

Cook the quorn in microwave for about 4 mins
whisk 3 eggs in a bowl with grated cheese, a little lea & perrins and baked beans. Add quorn pieces.
Frylight frying pan
Put mixture in frying pan and keep moving around, leave for a couple of minutes until it is set
Pop under pre-heated grill for 2-3 minutes until lightly brown on top.
Have to admit it has taken me a while to get the cooking of this down!!!

photo-4.jpg
That looks like one awesome omlette! AND... I love that you took a PJs & Slippers shot! <3 Just emphasizes the comfort foodi-ness!

Chicken with red pepper sauce and sw chips.

Sauce is just a diced onion and red pepper softened in fry light but not coloured.
then add 8 level tbs tomato ketchup (8syns?) and the same amount of water. Simmer till sauce thickens, season and I like to add a dash of malt vinegar at the end just before serving. Sauce will serve 4 so 2 syns each, it was a nice change. I know you could do it syn free with passatta, but the flavour from the ketchup adds a lovley taste for a change.

Attachments

• IMAG0345.jpg
    IMAG0345.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 220
a couple of meals I have had in the past few weeks, chicken noodle stir fry and pork meatballs with s/s sauce, rice and stir fried veg.

Attachments

• IMAG0332.jpg
    IMAG0332.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 251
  • IMAG0325.jpg
    IMAG0325.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 245
Tonight was me Indian fakeaway !! Lol

From left to right saag aloo, chicken tikka masala, chicken biryani, (small bowls) left ryita and curry rice ;0) 10.5 syns total serves at least 6 people

Attachments

• image-4237096543.jpg
    image-4237096543.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 268
  • image-2909432540.jpg
    image-2909432540.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 246
  • image-3502168164.jpg
    image-3502168164.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 256
Tonight was me Indian fakeaway !! Lol

From left to right saag aloo, chicken tikka masala, chicken biryani, (small bowls) left ryita and curry rice ;0) 10.5 syns total serves at least 6 people

Tonight I am having REAL Indian Takeaway. Is my best mates 25th birthday so having major flexi night. Not even counting syns, just having what i want and back on plan tomorrow. gotta be done every now and then :)
Cant wait yum yum yum x x

*honey said:
Tonight I am having REAL Indian Takeaway. Is my best mates 25th birthday so having major flexi night. Not even counting syns, just having what i want and back on plan tomorrow. gotta be done every now and then :)
Cant wait yum yum yum x x

Enjoy mate you have to let your hair down once in a while!!
I just love Indian meals especially nann breads (so very naughty I know)xx

Back