+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

frugal fifer said:
Kankles curry recipe, pilau rice and a sw friendly version of the Jamie Oliver carrot salad, only syns in salad were from 10g of flaked almonds. Well worth it for a couple of syns per serving.

How did u like the curry? Pic looks amazing x x

The curry was lovely, thanks for the recipe :)

butternut and sage risotto,favourite at the mo,i love risotto

25q52bm.jpg

My lunch outside yesterday. Pitta bread pizza with salad.

And sw mini quiches made with smash as the 'pastry' x

Attachments

• image-1509306154.jpg
    image-1509306154.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 299
  • image-953252697.jpg
    image-953252697.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 293
Mine and my 22 month old sons tea. Maggies juicy chicken garlic flavours- only used half a pack as used mini chicken fillets. Mash and roasted veg. My son and i loved this xx

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110302_175816.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110302_175816.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 348
  • ForumRunner_20110302_175836.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110302_175836.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 300
Doner kebab, garlic sauce, rice and salad........delicious :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110302_183551.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110302_183551.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 320
Sarahelizabeth said:
Those look lovely-have never tried smash in place of pastry. were they as good as they looked? Will definitely give them a try.

They weren't bad, still not as good as the real stuff lol

I am in the habit of eating low calorie ready meals as I live on my own and find that making my own meals is too expensive and leads to a lot of waste. Does anyone have any good recipe ideas that makes only 1 portion and is pretty cheap? I'd rather not make more and have to freeze it as I never think it tastes the same and when there are leftovers I am likely to pick at them at night.

Oh and love the recipes and lovely pics of food on here, I do have a few ideas now but would love more. Thanks

butternut squash and sage risotto

mines mostly guess work...

1st i chop the bns and roast in oven with some sage(i used dry sage)for about 30 mins or untill soft

then in a pan fry some onion ,garlic.when thats all softened add your risotto rice and keep topping up with some vegtable stock

when bns is done , mash half and put it in with your rice and this will turn it a lovely yellowey orangey colour,keep topping up with stock untill rice is cooked,then when all stock is absorbed dish out and put remaining bns on top.

also really nice i grate my hea of cheese on top.

hope you enjoy x

I am in the habit of eating low calorie ready meals as I live on my own and find that making my own meals is too expensive and leads to a lot of waste. Does anyone have any good recipe ideas that makes only 1 portion and is pretty cheap? I'd rather not make more and have to freeze it as I never think it tastes the same and when there are leftovers I am likely to pick at them at night.

Oh and love the recipes and lovely pics of food on here, I do have a few ideas now but would love more. Thanks

Most things can be made for just one, just divide the recipe. So if for 4 divide ingredients by 4. I tend to buy Tesco value Onions, which come up quite small, so that works out ok for one, and most things use onion, so even if you used just half the other half will keep. If you plan your recipes you can use similar ingredients during the week, so like if your only using 1/4 can of chopped tomatoes, the rest will keep in the fridge for another recipe. If your meals are syn free ( or very low) there is no reason why you cant pick at the left overs if your still hungry. Or make enough for 2 and plan to have the second portion for lunch the next day.
things like mince can be used up in different ways, so cook mince and use some for say a cottage pie, some can then have chilli and kidney beans added for chilli and that can also become a Jacket potato topping.

Pasta dishes, stews, currys, SW pizza, sw chips with something can always be made for one.
Reducing recipes can sometimes take a bit of practice to get the quantity right and taste right, but just keep practicing.

Have a look at my recipe thread loads of ideas on there and they could all be reduced to serve one.
(*Honey's recipes - a sticky in the recipe forum)

Hey Gemini. I cook for myself mostly. My 3 year old isn't into everything I make. But she always tries it.

My best advice is to buy a bunch of celery onions and carrots. Chop them. Mix them in a big bowl. Freeze them in little baggies. Easy to add to single serving fried rice, soup, diet coke chicken, bolognase etc.

I also cook up a bunch of mince and freeze it in portions. Always there when u need it. It can be a pain. But if u only have to do it once every week or so its not so bad!!

alfsmummy11 said:
Spicy seasoned steak, sw chips and homemade coleslaw x

Is that the coffee smokey one from the mag? I'm dying to make this!

MommyNOriana said:
Hey Gemini. I cook for myself mostly. My 3 year old isn't into everything I make. But she always tries it.

My best advice is to buy a bunch of celery onions and carrots. Chop them. Mix them in a big bowl. Freeze them in little baggies. Easy to add to single serving fried rice, soup, diet coke chicken, bolognase etc.

I also cook up a bunch of mince and freeze it in portions. Always there when u need it. It can be a pain. But if u only have to do it once every week or so its not so bad!!

That's a brill tip! May steal it.. :)

Dinner. Boneless pork chops with an apple Dijon mustard chutney. Boiled new potatoes and steamed broc. Sooooo easy. Only needed 4 ingredients!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110303_193039.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110303_193039.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 298
Back