+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

NatalieBxx said:
Honeyoc your jambalaya looks amazing can I have the recipe please x

Sure, here it is

Serves 4, 2.5 syns per serve

Ingredients

12 medium prawns, peeled and deveined
2 large chicken thighs, skinned and diced
1 tablespoon Creole seasoning (I mix 1t each of cayenne pepper, paprika, dried oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and 1/2t dried thyme)
1 chopped onion
1 chopped green pepper
2 stalks chopped celery
2 cloves chopped garlic
3 chopped tomatoes
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
300g long grain rice, washed
500ml chicken stock
4 oz chorizo sausage sliced
Frozen peas
Salt and pepper

Directions
In a bowl combine the chicken and Creole seasoning, mix well. In a large pot heat some spray oil on medium heat. Brown the chorizo for a few minutes then add the chicken. Brown for a bit longer, add the onion, pepper and celery and cook for about 3 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves and worcestershire sauce. Stir in rice and add stock, season to taste. Reduce heat to low and cook until rice absorbs liquid and becomes tender, stir occasionally, about 20 minutes. When rice is just tender add prawns and frozen peas. Cook until prawns are cooked, about 10 minutes more.

Dinner last night; roasted cherry tomatoes and garlic with tagliatelle, grille sea bass and courgettes

17976005.jpg

Sweet chilli chicken breast with roasted vegetables (onion, courgette, mushroom, peppers and tomato)

Attachments

• image-2647481134.jpg
    image-2647481134.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 180
*Emsie* said:
Looks lovely but do you have any potatoes or anything with it? It wouldn't fill me up ;)

No because I accidentally ate all my HEB's in the day doh haha so just had that but it was a whole breast so was quite filling :)

Sweet chilli chicken breast with HEB portion of wholewheat spaghetti stir fry (onions, peppers, mushrooms, baby corn, sugar snap peas) HEA mozzarella on top.

This was my jumble tea of anything in the house...really wanted stir fry noodles but wanted to stick to a red day so that's why I saved my HEB's and used spaghetti....wasn't the best and probably won't do it again it just wasn't the same as Chinese noodles but nice really

Attachments

• image-4117444877.jpg
    image-4117444877.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 207
*Emsie* said:
Do you do red days then not extra easy?

I have switches to red days this past week. It's because I used to do EE and maintained my weight for a good 8 weeks or more but I went on holiday and the temptations of copious amounts of takeaways, crisps, chocolate abs vodka got the better of me and I put 5lbs on eeeek so did EE when I got back for a week too two weeks but STS so tried red... I have just weighed today and have lost 2lbs yey so really happy :)

dinner tonight was roast chicken legs and roast veggies. Very yummy and filling! The veggies from the organic vegetable box are the most amazingly delicious veggies I've ever tasted!!!!!

30c41ca8.jpg

Last edited:
Breakfast! I eat this pretty much every morning except weekends when I eat eggs and other yummy cooked breakfasts :D

9b1b7133.png

Its a little high in syns because I add in honey and almonds but you can tweak it to suit you.

Serves 1
1 HEB, 1/4 HEA and 4 syns per serving

1oz porridge
1/4 cup (60ml) semi skimmed milk
Small banana
Strawberries
Blueberries
1 tsp honey (1 syn)
6 almonds (3 syns)
1 heaped tbsp Rachel organic low fat plain yogurt (1.5 syns for the whole 450g pot so negligible syns. If you eat this everyday then syn the whole pot at the beginning of the week)

Soak the porridge in milk overnight. In the morning, stir in the yogurt, honey, chopped banana, strawberries and blueberries. Stir and eat! Add nuts or seeds if you want! I always double everything for a great big bowl :D

Last edited:
that looks gorgous, may try at the weekend, during the week its a grab a banana and apple and dash off to work... ummm honey yum x

My lush dinner

It was delicious...simple but yummy..

Attachments

• My dinner.jpg
    My dinner.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 375
Snacked on a wholemeal roll with ham, tomatoes & laughing cow
7c3631ec.png

Lunch today was leftover roast veggies from last night and a couple of fried eggs.
4a060a4a.png

Dinner was rice and fish lol, not sure what else to call it. It's basically a light summery stew. Very nice with rice or pasta or even couscous.

110b8200.png

870a41a4.png

Quorn Bangers, Mustard Mash & Onion Gravy - was DELICIOUS for only a few syns :D xxxx

Attachments

• Quorn Bangers & Mash with Onion Gravy.jpg
    Quorn Bangers & Mash with Onion Gravy.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 2,112
Back