+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Jacqui3444 said:
Syn free peppercorn sauce?? Recipe please :)

1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
312ml/11fl oz chicken stock
1 tbs crushed peppercorns
1 tbs worcestershire sauce
198g/7oz very low fat natural fromage frais
salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. Place onion, garlic and stock in a pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, add the peppercorns and worcestershire sauce and simmer for 15-20 mins, or until the sauce is reduced and slightly thickened.

2. Remove from the heat, stir in the fromage frais and season with salt and pepper.

3. Keep the sauce warm until ready to use, but do not allow it to boil or it will curdle.

Hi Honey looks fab can I ask for your crash hot potatoes recipe they look yum?

Hi Jo, I just boil some Charlotte (or jersey royal) potatoes and then press down with a fork, spray liberally with spray oil (butter fry light will be good for this) add salt, pepper and fresh chopped rosemary and then roast at 200C for about 45 minutes!

1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
312ml/11fl oz chicken stock
1 tbs crushed peppercorns
1 tbs worcestershire sauce
198g/7oz very low fat natural fromage frais
salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. Place onion, garlic and stock in a pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, add the peppercorns and worcestershire sauce and simmer for 15-20 mins, or until the sauce is reduced and slightly thickened.

2. Remove from the heat, stir in the fromage frais and season with salt and pepper.

3. Keep the sauce warm until ready to use, but do not allow it to boil or it will curdle.

:drool: Sounds lovely! Looking forward to trying that :thankyou:

Jacqui3444 said:
:drool: Sounds lovely! Looking forward to trying that :thankyou:

My hubby said it's even better than shop bought 1!! I also sometimes put diced mushrooms in it too makes it very tasty x
Enjoy

Oven baked mozzarella stuffed chicken breast (HEA) with grilled veggies (red/White onions, peppers, courgette, mushrooms, sugar snap peas and cherry tomato) with a spicy tomato sauce (syn free) and a wholemeal pitta (HEB)

Attachments

• image-4223509320.jpg
    image-4223509320.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 221
Fridays meals

Hi All.
Here are the pics of Fridays meals.
Chicken wrapped in bacon with a mozzarella topping with salad.
Oven baked potato with tuna and salad.

Attachments

• Chicken Wrappped in Bacon (Large).JPG
    Chicken Wrappped in Bacon (Large).JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 550
  • Full Meal (Large).JPG
    Full Meal (Large).JPG
    127 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0175 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0175 (Large).JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0181 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0181 (Large).JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 223
Slow-pot Curry,Coleslaw,Egg Custards

Hi All. This Saturdays recipes.

Pete’s Slow Pot Curry
(Original recipe from Minimins)

Serves 2
0.5 Syn on Ee

Ingredients

1lb Stewing Steak, cubed
1 tin Tomatoes
1 Knorr Beef Stockpot
2 Bay leaves
1 Tsp Chilli Powder
2 Crushed Garlic
2 Tsp Coriander Powder
2 Tsp Cumin Powder
1 Tsp Turmeric
1 Onion
Salt & pepper
1 Tsp Tomato Puree

Method

In a frying pan brown the stewing steak and cook out any remaining fat then put it into the slow-pot, add the other ingredients, put the lid on and set the slow-pot to high and allow it to come to the boil, then turn it to low, give it a stir and replace the lid and leave for at least 3 Hrs.

Serve with Rice & Salad.

Pete’s Coleslaw 2

Ingredients

1 Small White Cabbage
1 Spanish onion
1 large Carrot
2 Tbsp Philadelphia Light Garlic & Herbs Cheese Spread

Method

Shred all the vegetables to the same size and mix together in a serving bowl.
Mix in the Cheese, add salt & pepper.

Enjoy!

(Original recipe from Minimins)

Serves 6
Free if you use your Milk as Hea

Ingredients

3 Large Eggs
400mL skimmed Milk
(From your daily allowance)
3 Heaped Tbsp sweetener
1 Teaspoon Vanilla essence
Nutmeg

Method

Preheat the oven, set at 150c.
Warm the milk, whisk the eggs, vanilla & sweetener.
Pour the warm milk onto the eggs mixture, stirring as you go.
Pour into ramekins and sprinkle with nutmeg.

Use a tin with a wire tray inside, place the ramekins on it and fill the tin with boiling water until it is halfway up the ramekins.

Place on the middle shelf of the oven for 30 mins or until they are set.
Remove from the oven and leave on the tray until cool then transfer to the fridge to chill.
Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_0186 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0186 (Large).JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0189 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0189 (Large).JPG
    109 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0183 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0183 (Large).JPG
    140 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0185 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0185 (Large).JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0187 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0187 (Large).JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 199
I think it's really nice to have a salad with both pickles and apple in. So there's the mixed leaves, cucumber, tomatoes (all the normal bits) and then you have pickled onions, beetroot, cauliflower, & peppers with it, the cauliflower, peppers and onions all come in the mixed pickle jar. Then you add chunks of apple.

This would be nice with cheese chunks as a HExA, as it goes with the pickled onions and the apple, which I appreciate sounds a strange combination when on the same plate, but it is actually tasty.

I have this with cottage cheese instead, but I like cottage cheese with everything!! I tried it once with tuna too, which was ok and I think tuna is a speed food too, but I imagine tuna and apple on the same plate is probably a step too far for most people!

I think it's really nice to have a salad with both pickles and apple in. So there's the mixed leaves, cucumber, tomatoes (all the normal bits) and then you have pickled onions, beetroot, cauliflower, & peppers with it, the cauliflower, peppers and onions all come in the mixed pickle jar. Then you add chunks of apple.

This would be nice with cheese chunks as a HExA, as it goes with the pickled onions and the apple, which I appreciate sounds a strange combination when on the same plate, but it is actually tasty.

I have this with cottage cheese instead, but I like cottage cheese with everything!! I tried it once with tuna too, which was ok and I think tuna is a speed food too, but I imagine tuna and apple on the same plate is probably a step too far for most people!

This made me LOL!! Your salad idea is brilliant though, will steal that for future use :D

Dinner! Roast leg of lamb with crash potatoes, honey roast carrots and steamed spinach

b9e89e31.jpg

b64a0810.jpg

Last edited:
*Emsie* said:
OMG!!!! I am salivating! My fave mmmmmm! This is so cruel! ;)

LOL it's DH's favourite as well. He insisted on a roast dinner (on a Monday?!)
Lots of yummy leftovers for a pitta sandwich tomorrow :D

Back