+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

LOL Ermintrude, I'm glad you're excited to try it! I'll be looking out for all he yummy modifications you'll make to the basic recipe!! This has to be my fave SW find so far!! This and your puy lentil salad!

Todays Dinner, Salmon fishcakes with Couscous & salad........

Pete’s Salmon Fishcakes

Serves 4
Ingredients
400g potatoes/ 2 large potatoes
140g fresh salmon/ 2 salmon fillets
1 handful of parsley
1 lemon

Method

Peel and cut the potatoes and boil them in salted water in a large saucepan, after 10mins put a bamboo steamer or a colander, on top of the saucepan, with the salmon in it, seasoned with salt & pepper, if using a colander cover with cooking foil to allow the salmon to steam. Cook for a further 10 mins.

When the potatoes and the salmon are cooked then remove the salmon, flake it and remove the skin, and place in a grass dish, drain the potatoes and then return to the pan, mash and allow to cool.

Add the potatoes, lemon rind & juice, parsley and salt & pepper, scup up in your hand a portion of the mix and form into a fishcake, adjusting them to a size that suits you.

Place into a fridge to allow them to stiffen.

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and cook until browned, turn over and repeat.

Have with Couscous & Salad

Attachments

• Salmon Fishcakes-1 (Large).JPG
    Salmon Fishcakes-1 (Large).JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Salmon Fishcakes-2 (Large).JPG
    Salmon Fishcakes-2 (Large).JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 123
I made the mung bean wraps today and they are great! I ahd them with tinned salmon, rocket, tomatoes and raw onion. Yum!
I think they'd be amazing with spicy fried chicken, peppers and guacamole so will be trying that next!

Lunch: leftover mackerel salad from last night
mackerellunchsalad.jpg

Dinner: inguine with beef ragu and veggies
linguinewithbeefragu.jpg

On Saturday I made proper pizza dough! For my toppings I had homemade pesto and Leerdammer LightLife. 10 syns plus two HEAs but worth it to have proper pizza and it made my bf very happy! :)

Attachments

• image-4289174353.jpg
    image-4289174353.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 147
  • image-295904240.jpg
    image-295904240.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 140
  • image-2273444441.jpg
    image-2273444441.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 141
On Saturday I made proper pizza dough! For my toppings I had homemade pesto and Leerdammer LightLife. 10 syns plus two HEAs but worth it to have proper pizza and it made my bf very happy! :)

oooh how did you make the homemade pesto?

I was redaing a recipe yesterday for a similar thing to the mung bean wrap but used as a pizza base! Could be great! Better than Smash pizza anyway :D

Thanks Kitteh!

Can I just share my pretty roast chicken?! Very yum! It's always a sad moment when the skin comes off lol. Anybody know how many syns are in roasted chicken skin?

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3042.jpg

oooh how did you make the homemade pesto?

I was redaing a recipe yesterday for a similar thing to the mung bean wrap but used as a pizza base! Could be great! Better than Smash pizza anyway :D

Hey! I used the sauce I made the other day for my Tallarines verdes pasta... recipe http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/229218-tallarines-verdes-really-yummmy.html

A couple more pics and instructions for the pizza here in case you're interested... A homage to Eli's Pizza Express

Thanks Kitteh!

Can I just share my pretty roast chicken?! Very yum! It's always a sad moment when the skin comes off lol. Anybody know how many syns are in roasted chicken skin?

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3042.jpg

Surely it counts as a Healthy Extra?? ;)

Back