+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Oh not too bad, the skin off the breast was like 10g lol

Breakfast and Dinner, two old favourites, Spag. Bol and bacon & Eggs with beans.

Attachments

• Breakfast (Large).JPG
    Breakfast (Large).JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 217
  • Spag. Bol (Large).JPG
    Spag. Bol (Large).JPG
    190 KB · Views: 175
Success! My second attempt at mung/moong bean wraps were a success. Soaked for 48 hrs and added water when making batter...........

Pete’s Mung Bean Wraps

Ingredients

200g/Cup of Mung/Moong Beans
Makes about 8 wraps
Salt
Method

Soak the beans in cold water for between 12 -24 hrs. Depending whether they are split beans or whole, changing the water at regular intervals, removing any hardened beans.
When ready grind them using a food processer and a small amount of water, adding salt, until you have a mixture similar to a pancake mix but slightly thicker.
Heat a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light until its hot then ladle the mix and smooth out using the base of the ladle to form a thin coating, cook for 3-4 mins and flip over and cook until the other side is done. Use for wraps while still slightly warm to ensure easy folding.

Attachments

• Moong beans-1 (Large).JPG
    Moong beans-1 (Large).JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 176
  • Mung Wrap (Large).JPG
    Mung Wrap (Large).JPG
    211.7 KB · Views: 250
bilsat said:
Success! My second attempt at mung/moong bean wraps were a success. Soaked for 48 hrs and added water when making batter...........

Pete’s Mung Bean Wraps

Ingredients

Makes about 8 wraps
Salt
Method

Soak the beans in cold water for between 12 -24 hrs. Depending whether they are split beans or whole, changing the water at regular intervals, removing any hardened beans.
When ready grind them using a food processer and a small amount of water, adding salt, until you have a mixture similar to a pancake mix but slightly thicker.
Heat a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light until its hot then ladle the mix and smooth out using the base of the ladle to form a thin coating, cook for 3-4 mins and flip over and cook until the other side is done. Use for wraps while still slightly warm to ensure easy folding.

Hooray. Well done , I may just try them now pete they look fab

bilsat said:

Pete’s Mung Bean Wraps

Ingredients

Makes about 8 wraps
Salt
Method

These look amazing! Tempted to try them but never had mung beans, what do they taste like?

On their own the wraps aren't great - quite a strong flavour. But once you've got stuff inside them they're really nice! Much better than spending 5+ syns on a wrap! Just remember though SW haven't confirmed if they're free yet! They're very filling though so I'm calling them free for now. xxx

Asda meatfree meatballs in chunky veg tomato sauce with spaghetti mmmmmm was lush x

Attachments

• image-1064594060.jpg
    image-1064594060.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 126
Lunch: Mung bean wrap filled with harissa mackerel, cottage cheese (1) shredded carrot and gherkins, a salad

IMG_3052.jpg

Dinner: Lamb shank stew with steamed runner beans

IMG_3056.jpg

100lb to loose said:
These are syn free wraps made from mung beans. They are filled with baby gem lettuce, green peppers and shreaded ham. I also had a large portion of rocket and some watermelon after.

Total syns = 1/2 for the mayo.

Kat
x

These look amazing! It seems straight forward to do. Was it as easy as it seems? X

We had friends over for dinner tonight. I made us some Spanish food- we had vegetable paella, patatas bravas, Spanish tortilla omelette, salad, roast veggies and griddled Padron peppers (all made to be free!)

For desert I made a Caramelised Bramley Apple cake which was to die for... Not exactly the most sw friendly at 12 syns a slice but worth it!!!

Attachments

• image-387726144.jpg
    image-387726144.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 156
  • image-1706957229.jpg
    image-1706957229.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 154
  • image-2394384054.jpg
    image-2394384054.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 163
  • image-1420331680.jpg
    image-1420331680.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 163
  • image-2978918264.jpg
    image-2978918264.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 149
Laura_carlburgess said:
Are they syn free? Looks yummy x

No Hunni they are 2 syns for the whole bag, and mine is gonna do at least 4 portions so only 1/2 a syn per portion & hubby likes them too so that's a bonus!

pjplatts said:
No Hunni they are 2 syns for the whole bag, and mine is gonna do at least 4 portions so only 1/2 a syn per portion & hubby likes them too so that's a bonus!

Ooh lovely were they asda did u say and the chilled aisle? X

Todays Dinner.
tested on the Centre's staff!

Pete’s Chicken Biryani

Serves 4
Syn Free
Ingredients
600g chopped chicken
2 large onions, chopped into small pieces
1 tsp “easy lazy” garlic
1 tsp “easy lazy” ginger
1 tsp “easy lazy” chillies
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp curry powder
½ ground cinnamon
1 tbsp. sweetener
Pinch of grated nutmeg
8oz basmati rice (rinsed)
1 Cinnamon stick
1 tin chopped tomato
1 Knorr chicken stock pot
1 400ml of hot water
½ cup frozen peas
2 bay leaves
*Fresh coriander

*1/2 cup raisins (if used then Syn)

Method

Wash the rice several times until the water runs clear then place the rice in a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook with a lid on for 10-12 mins then remove the cinnamon stick, pour the rice through a sieve and then return to the saucepan, replace the lid and allow to steam.

In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light cook onions, bay leaves, ginger, chillies & ginger until golden. Add the cumin, turmeric, coriander, cinnamon, sweetener & nutmeg, (raisins if required) cook for a further 5 mins.

Add chicken and brown it, cook for 10mins then add the tomatoes, stock, peas and cook until the chicken is cooked. Remove bay leaves.

(At this point you could place the curry in a slow cooker and leave on low for several hours and make the rice when you require the meal.)

Add the chicken to the rice and allow the flavours to infuse with the lid on for 5 mins, mix together and plate up, sprinkle with fresh coriander if required.

Attachments

• Chicken Biryani (Large).JPG
    Chicken Biryani (Large).JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 172
Back