+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Loved the pizza idea and the fruit custards. Which sweetener do you use? I am not keen in the idea of aspartame so wondered if all sweeteners had this in them.

bilsat said:
here is the latest creation.................

Pete’s Mong/Moong Bean Pizza

Serves 4

Ingredients

250g Mong/Moong Beans, soaked for 24hrs
300ml Passata

“Toppings”

56g cheddar cheese, grated
84g mozzarella cheese
Chorizos slices 0.5 syn each
1 Red pepper
1 chilli, deseeded

Method

Soak the mung/moong beans for a minimum 24 hrs, changing the water several times, drain through a sieve, save the water.
Place into a food processor and if the beans don’t appear to liquidise add water until they do.
Pour into a small frying pan sprayed with Fry Light and cook for about 4 mins then turn over and cook the other side. Allow to cool.

Put Passata in a pan enough to cover Pizza base, add 1 TSP Tomato Puree and a few drops of “Worcester Sauce”, heat till thickened but DO NOT BOIL.

Coat the Pizza base with the Passata,
Add your choice of “Toppings”

Preheat the oven to 200c and using an oven mat place on the middle shelf for 20 mins or until the toppings are cooked.

And to finish off!......................

Pete’s Fruity Egg Custards

Serves 6
Free if you use your Milk as Hea

Ingredients

3 Large Eggs
400mL skimmed Milk
(From your daily allowance)
4 Heaped Tbsp sweetener
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Nutmeg
Strawberries
Grapes

Method

Preheat the oven, set at 150c.
Warm the milk, whisk the eggs, vanilla & sweetener.
Pour the warm milk onto the eggs mixture, stirring as you go.
Place fruit in the base of the ramekins.
Pour into ramekins and add more fruit to fill any voids then sprinkle with nutmeg.

Use a tin with a wire tray inside, place the ramekins on it and fill the tin with boiling water until it is halfway up the ramekins.

Place on the middle shelf of the oven for 35 mins or until they are set.
Remove from the oven and leave on the tray until cool then transfer to the fridge to chill.

Would the egg custards be synned because the fruit is cooked? I can never work this out? Xx

Loved the pizza idea and the fruit custards. Which sweetener do you use? I am not keen in the idea of aspartame so wondered if all sweeteners had this in them.

Splenda is a sucralose sweetener...much nicer than those with aspartame. Aldi do their own version that's only 99p! :D

I use silver spoon sweetness & light but it does have aspartame in it, my wife doesn't like splender!
I didn't cut the fruit, just floated them in the egg custard mix, then cooked!

Ok so here's todays meals from me :)

Lunch: Mung Bean wrap filled with phili light & roasted veg with a small side salad - OMG this was devine!!!

IMG01505-20110817-1208.jpg

And tonights dinner: Pasta with stirfried veg (Red Onion, Sugar Snap Pea's, Leeks, Red peppers) & Linda McCartney's sausage (synned) finally another allowence of phili light carlic & herb :D

IMG01507-20110817-1721.jpg

Stovies with beetroot and oat cakes :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110817_195911.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110817_195911.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 139
  • ForumRunner_20110817_195928.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110817_195928.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 144
Mixed bean Chilli (mixed beans, E lean mince, onions, peppers, mushrooms, courgette and lots of spices) with steamed brown rice and smoked paprika/cayenne pepper chilli chips with a tbsn of homemade garlic Mayo

Gorgeous :)

Attachments

• image-2565696547.jpg
    image-2565696547.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 158
Mixed bean Chilli (mixed beans, E lean mince, onions, peppers, mushrooms, courgette and lots of spices) with steamed brown rice and smoked paprika/cayenne pepper chilli chips with a tbsn of homemade garlic Mayo

Gorgeous :)

That looks amazing, spesh the chips!! How did you make them so yummy?

liliferjade said:
That looks amazing, spesh the chips!! How did you make them so yummy?

Thank you it was delish :)

Chips are done in the actifryer. Just chipped with skin on and then added smoked paprika and cayenne pepper spices and a few squirts of extra virgin olive oil fry light too it, 30 mins later done :) xx

SNACK
4 ryvita sesame topped with Vegemite, plain cottage cheese and tiny tomberries

LUNCH
Mung bean wrap filled with grated carrot, sautéed pattypan squash with fresh mint, lemon juice and 2oz light feta

DINNER
Prawn curry & Cumin rice (Lady A's recipe) with roasted pattypan squash with chilli and cinnamon

As usual your food looks gorgeous Hun :) could I have the recipes for the curry and the rice? Is the curry more of a thai one instead of an Indian? I am making curry Friday night so would love the recipe to give it a go x

As usual your food looks gorgeous Hun :) could I have the recipes for the curry and the rice? Is the curry more of a thai one instead of an Indian? I am making curry Friday night so would love the recipe to give it a go x

Aw thanks Laura. The curry was Indian, basically used this recipe and replaced crab with prawns then I stirred in some plain yogurt at the end http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/219590-crab-masala.html

The rice was Lady A's recipe but I used oil in mine, the BEST rice I've ever made :D

CUMIN RICE
Serves 4, 1.5 syns per serving

Ingredients:
1 heaped cup/300g basmati rice (soaked in warm water for 20 mins)
1 pint water
salt to taste
Fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp stock powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
Tiny stick of cinnamon
2 cloves
1 shallot sliced into thin slices
1 tbsp olive oil (6 syns)

Method:
Fry the shallots in olive oil until golden add cumin seeds and continue to fry until the cumin seeds begin to toast. Add cinnamon stick & cloves and toast for a further 30 seconds add a splash of water from the pint. It should turn brown when added to the onions - this will bring the flavours of the spices out and make the rice fragrant. Cook shallots for further 2 mins. Add the drained rice and the water. Add the salt, pepper, stock powder and bring to the boil, reduce heat & cook until the water has absorbed & rice is cooked (about 20 minutes).

Delish!

Tried to get Harissa online at Tescos, no joy. What aisle is it usually at & what does it taste of? Luv trying new things.

Harissa is in the aisle with the herbs and spices or sometimes in the aisle that sells all the foreign bits and bobs. It's kind of a thick chilli paste and is lovely!

Honeyoc said:
Aw thanks Laura. The curry was Indian, basically used this recipe and replaced crab with prawns then I stirred in some plain yogurt at the end http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/219590-crab-masala.html

The rice was Lady A's recipe but I used oil in mine, the BEST rice I've ever made :D

CUMIN RICE
Serves 4, 1.5 syns per serving

Ingredients:
1 heaped cup/300g basmati rice (soaked in warm water for 20 mins)
1 pint water
salt to taste
Fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp stock powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
Tiny stick of cinnamon
2 cloves
1 shallot sliced into thin slices
1 tbsp olive oil (6 syns)

Method:
Fry the shallots in olive oil until golden add cumin seeds and continue to fry until the cumin seeds begin to toast. Add cinnamon stick & cloves and toast for a further 30 seconds add a splash of water from the pint. It should turn brown when added to the onions - this will bring the flavours of the spices out and make the rice fragrant. Cook shallots for further 2 mins. Add the drained rice and the water. Add the salt, pepper, stock powder and bring to the boil, reduce heat & cook until the water has absorbed & rice is cooked (about 20 minutes).

Delish!

Ooh thanks.sounds fab the rice looks yummy and steamed (I hate starchy rice that's boiled within an inch of it's life haha) will have a look at the link now for the curry but so far I have all the ingredients already in YEY :) x

Back