+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Honeyoc I need recipes I will cook a chicken just so I can make this. Yum, would love the chickpea one too xxx

I put the chicken noodle soup recipe here http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/231059-chicken-noodle-soup.html#post4026659

An for the chickpeas, here's what I did;

The process started yesterday when I soaked my chickpeas overnight. So at lunchtime I boiled it with a bay leaf for 1.5 hours, drained and put in the fridge until tonight.

First thing I did was chop half a large butternut squash into cubes and roasted at 200C for an hour. Meanwhile I browned some onions, garlic and chillies in olive oil (HEB) and added a heaped tablespoon of harissa paste and 3 chopped plum tomatoes. Seasoned with salt, pepper, pinch of saffron and a chicken stock cube then added the chickpeas to the sauce and a cup of water. I let it simmer for an hour. After the hour the butternut squash was cooked so I added it to the chickpeas, defrosted and drained some frozen spinach and stirred that in and simmered for another 5 minutes. Served it with couscous and roasted veggies.

P.S. You don't have to use dried chickpeas, tinned is fine!

Last edited:
Yesterdays dinner, chicken curry using left over chicken............

Pete’s Chicken Curry

Serves 4
Ingredients
600g skinless chicken breast, diced
1 “easy lazy” garlic
1 “easy lazy” ginger
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground Coriander
1 tbsp. curry powder
2 tbsp. garam masala
1 onion
200mL chicken stock
400mL chopped tomatoes

Method

Heat a large frying pan with lid, sprayed with Fry Light, add cumin seeds and cook until the flavours are released.

Add garam masala, coriander, curry powder, turmeric & paprika, cook for the flavours to combine then add the chicken, cook for about 5 mins then add the tomatoes and chicken stock.

Place the lid on and bring to the boil, turn down to simmer for 30 mins or until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked.

If you want you can add fresh coriander.

Serve on a bed of rice.

made the first one minus the curry powder and only 1 tbsp of garam masala but it was too mild!

Attachments

• Chicken Curry (Large).JPG
    Chicken Curry (Large).JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 163
This is an veggie adaptation of perhaps my favourite Lebanese dish.

QUORN CHICKEN TANGINE
Makes 4 generous servings
Free on Green or EE if using HExB for dried fruit and pine nuts
14 syns whole recipe = 3.5 syns per portion on Red or if not using HExB

1 pack of Quorn chicken style pieces
1 large onion (red or white), finely chopped
1 green or yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 red pointed or bell pepper, chopped
1 tin of chick peas, drained and rinsed
250ml passatta
1 heaped tsp cumin
1 heaped tsp coriander powder
1 level tsp cardamom powder (or about 6 pods)
1 level dessert spoon coriander seeds
1 level dessert spoon cumin seeds
1 level dessert spoon fennel seeds
1 vegetable stock cube
35g ready to eat apricots, chopped
42g ready to eat prunes, chopped
A generous handful of chopped fresh coriander or flat leaf parsley (you can used dried if you don't have any)
1 level tbsp pine nuts
Fry Light

Make up the vegetable stock cube in 1 pint of boiling water and put to one side.

Dry roast the pine nuts in a small frying pan and out to one side.

Spray a heavy bottomed pan with Fry Light and brown the chicken pieces.

Add all the spices and a little water to make a paste to coat the chicken pieces and fry for a couple of minutes.

Add the peppers, onion, and dried fruit, top up with the vegetable stock until it just covers the main ingredients.

Put the lid on the pan, and leave to simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and topping up with more stock or water if it looks like it going to dry out. After 15 minutes you should have thick “gravy” coating the main ingredients.

Add the passatta and chick peas, stir well and simmer for a further few minutes.

Remove from the heat, stir in the coriander/parsley, sprinkle over the pine nuts and serve with couscous or rice, a green salad and SW syn-free riatta dip.

DSCF2837.jpg

Yesterday's lunch: Mung bean wrap filled with roasted butternut squash, watercress, red onion, feta and yogurt mayo dressing
IMG_3290.jpg

IMG_3292.jpg

Last night's dinner: Harissa chicken with SW wedges, beetroot and steamed broccoli
IMG_3303.jpg

Today's breakfast: French toast with baked beans and tomatoes
IMG_3308.jpg

Lunch: Mung bean wrap filled with broad beans, tomatoes, onions, watercress and feta.
IMG_3310.jpg

IMG_3312.jpg

Dinner: Seafood linguine with sauteed beetroot leaves and runner beans. Another triumph over the bin as I would have thrown out the beetroot leaves under normal circumstances!
IMG_3320.jpg

Last nights meal...

Smoked salmon and cucumber sushi
with soy sauce, pickled gurkins and yellow pepper.

DSCF2781.jpg

DSCF2784.jpg

2.5 syns for the lot + HEX for the salmon

Its so filling though, I couldn't eat it all. I saved some for a packed lunch today.

Kat
x

Yesterday's lunch: Mung bean wrap filled with roasted butternut squash, watercress, red onion, feta and yogurt mayo dressing

Lunch: Mung bean wrap filled with broad beans, tomatoes, onions, watercress and feta.

How much are you loving those wraps? It's great to find a new food isn't it?

Kat
x

How much are you loving those wraps? It's great to find a new food isn't it?

Kat
x

I've got to have me a go at these you know!

Now to find mung beans inthe middle of very rural Wales............

your sushi looks good 100lb to lose-its on my massive list of things im planning on making soon after a good flick through the cookbooks last night

Made an ham & egg omelette with what ever was left in the kitchen!
Also had a salad with it..

Attachments

• Ham & Egg Omelette (Large).JPG
    Ham & Egg Omelette (Large).JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 145
Help please, tried to make the mung bean wraps and they were an unmitigated disaster, what am I doing wrong?
They kept falling apart, can anyone talk me through the recipe step by step please, was so disappointed, especially as they tasted delicious and the ones I have seen on here by Honey and Bilsat look amazing, just wanted them to stay whole and actually look like a wrap...thanks in advance xx

Lily42uk said:
Help please, tried to make the mung bean wraps and they were an unmitigated disaster, what am I doing wrong?
They kept falling apart, can anyone talk me through the recipe step by step please, was so disappointed, especially as they tasted delicious and the ones I have seen on here by Honey and Bilsat look amazing, just wanted them to stay whole and actually look like a wrap...thanks in advance xx

Took me 3 attempts to get it right. Ok I followed the recipe exactly as was but here's where I was going wrong to begin with:

*Mixture was too thick so had to keep watering down
*Pan was too hot so kept just above mod heat
*Don't touch it once in pan for a good 4 mins, if u muck about with it too soon it will break
*V thin mixture in pan, my first few were too thick

I preserved and got there, is worth it!!

Took me 3 attempts to get it right. Ok I followed the recipe exactly as was but here's where I was going wrong to begin with:

*Mixture was too thick so had to keep watering down
*Pan was too hot so kept just above mod heat
*Don't touch it once in pan for a good 4 mins, if u muck about with it too soon it will break
*V thin mixture in pan, my first few were too thick

I preserved and got there, is worth it!!

Thanks Kieragh, that really helps, I can see already where I made a few errors, I thought the mix was too thick, and the pan seemed very hot and that because the mix was thick it was going into the pan too thick...seems I may have made all the same mistakes if I'm honest.
I am not going to give up with them as the taste was really fabulous, I love beans, lentils and any other kind of pulse going. Will let you know how I get on and if I succeed I'll post a picture.
Thanks again xx

Back