+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

SW speedy chicken + veg rice with SW chips and HM Chinese curry sauce (3 syns)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110901_230551.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110901_230551.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 187
This looks yummy what's cauliflower rice though? X

"cauliflower rice" is raw cauliflower which is grated or put through a food processor on grate plate or chopped by hand so that it is finely chopped.
Put it in the microwave in a micro bowl with a little water for about 4 mins depending on amount - taste it and see if it is cooked and put it back for a couple of mins if it is not cooked and taste again then drain.
This way on a RED day you do not have to Syn or whatever your "rice" and in my opinion if you have a tasty curry you will not know it is not rice.
But I love Cauliflower - my favourite veg.

A few meals I've made :)

1)Chicken Pasta

2) Spicy Chicken Kebab & Bombay Potatoes
(this recipe is in the recipe thread, do a search it should come up!)

3) Syn Free Pizza (Smash base)

4) Slimming World Jelly Sweets

Attachments

• IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 220
last nights soup.................

Pete’s Onion Soup

Serves 2
Ingredients
3 medium onions
1 tbsp. sweetener
450mL beef stock (Knorr rich beef stock pot)
1 tsp garlic
1 garlic clove
56g low fat cheddar cheese, grated (from daily allowance) or 8syn in total
1 tsp Dried thyme
2 slices from a 400g loaf=1 Heb
* 175mL medium white wine=6 syn

Method

Cook the onions and garlic in a pan sprayed with Fry Light until soft, add the sweetener and *white wine, continue to cook for 35-40 mins on a low/medium heat, stirring regularly until they are soft, sticky and sweet.
Add stock, thyme, salt & pepper and cook for a further 20 mins.

Prepare two slightly stale slices of bread (from your daily allowance) rub with the garlic clove then cover with the cheese and place under the grill and cook until the cheese is bubbling.

Either cut the bread and float it on the soup or as a side dish!

*Option extra but syn it!

Attachments

• Onion Soup (Large).JPG
    Onion Soup (Large).JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Onion Soup-2 (Large).JPG
    Onion Soup-2 (Large).JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 111
My curried butternut squash and red pepper soup and a chicken salad-ex light salad cream synned!!

Attachments

• image-4044749743.jpg
    image-4044749743.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 147
Oh wow recipe please for the chinese curry sauce and the SW speedy chicken, I have to make this tomorrow have a serious craving for Chinese as does my hubby.

Hi Jo!

I got the recipe for the curry from another thread here:
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/228760-chinese-curry-take-away-style-2.html

and i got the recipe for the chicken here:
Speedy chicken and vegetable rice - Recipes - Slimming World

Hope both those links work. Let me know if they dont. It was really yummy. The only thing i did wrong was added the flour slightly wrong when making the curry sauce, it went all lumpy so instead of throwing it out i sieved it lol! Worked a treat, couldn't tell i had messed it up at all ;)

thanks I had gone looking for the curry sauce Gem did you use chicken stock cubes and were they knorr or oxo. i also only have normal paprika so may wait til tomorrow.
it looks yum a proper takeaway.
I do a chicken fried rice for years and have Slimming Worlded it. It would make a great addition.

thanks I had gone looking for the curry sauce Gem did you use chicken stock cubes and were they knorr or oxo. i also only have normal paprika so may wait til tomorrow.
it looks yum a proper takeaway.
I do a chicken fried rice for years and have Slimming Worlded it. It would make a great addition.

Ooh i would love to know your chicken fried rice recipe! Have you posted it anywhere that i could have a look?

I used beef oxo cubes, might try the chicken ones next time to make a more curry like colour. Let us know how you get on xx

1 onion finely chopped
Frylight
1lb easy cook long grain rice ( others don't work)
2 chicken oxo
1/2 roast chicken shredded.
2 eggs
mushrooms
Dark soy

In a large saucepan.
Fry onion for a few moments to soften.
Add rice and just coat in onion and add a little frylight if sticking.
Add oxo to 2 pints of boiling water seasoned with pepper and a little salt Stir and add carefully to rice mix. Must be made and added straight away while just boiled.
Bring back to boil then turn to the lowest heat possible. Cover and cook for exactly 20 minutes.
Do not stir anytime during cooking.
If rice a little hard add a little boiling water and cook for a few minutes.
Leave to stand while preparing the rest.
Make a basic omelette and shred. leave to add at end.
In a large wok of heavy pan fry thinly sliced mushrooms in frylight then add chicken stir fry with soy sauce to taste. Then add rice gradually then shredded omelette.

I now add peas to add a bit more frees.

This is fab just for a tasty egg fried rice and add anything, prawns roast pork etc.

1 onion finely chopped
Frylight
1lb easy cook long grain rice ( others don't work)
2 chicken oxo
1/2 roast chicken shredded.
2 eggs
mushrooms
Dark soy

In a large saucepan.
Fry onion for a few moments to soften.
Add rice and just coat in onion and add a little frylight if sticking.
Add oxo to 2 pints of boiling water seasoned with pepper and a little salt Stir and add carefully to rice mix. Must be made and added straight away while just boiled.
Bring back to boil then turn to the lowest heat possible. Cover and cook for exactly 20 minutes.
Do not stir anytime during cooking.
If rice a little hard add a little boiling water and cook for a few minutes.
Leave to stand while preparing the rest.
Make a basic omelette and shred. leave to add at end.
In a large wok of heavy pan fry thinly sliced mushrooms in frylight then add chicken stir fry with soy sauce to taste. Then add rice gradually then shredded omelette.

I now add peas to add a bit more frees.

This is fab just for a tasty egg fried rice and add anything, prawns roast pork etc.

Sounds lovely! I am feeling a chinese takeaway themed night coming! xx

Back