+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Honeyoc said:
OMG The BEST veggie meal I've had yet!! Indian cuisine really lends itself to veggie living. Yum!
Lentil & cauliflower dhaal
Cumin rice
Carrot & beetroot salad with raisins and cashews, dressed with lemon juice a touch of olive oil and salt :drool: :eat:

Oh wow! Yum!

Red Pepper Houmous mung bean wraps with butternut squash chips for my tea. Still not sure about the texture though!

Can I have the recipe for the mung bean wrap please...I've tried searching for it but cant find it.

Plus I need to knw how many syn's or does it qualify as an HX?I do green days

thanks

Prawn lemon and dill Mayo on mixed leaves, red pepper, cucumber and spring onions! Yummy!

Attachments

• image-2473428124.jpg
    image-2473428124.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 121
OMG The BEST veggie meal I've had yet!! Indian cuisine really lends itself to veggie living. Yum!
Lentil & cauliflower dhaal
Cumin rice
Carrot & beetroot salad with raisins and cashews, dressed with lemon juice a touch of olive oil and salt :drool: :eat:

IMG_3542.jpg

Wow that looks delish!! have you posted tghe recipe somewhere??? x

made this yesterday, must admit, best SW friendly curry to date!

Pete’s Butternut Squash Chicken Curry

Serves 4
Ingredients

425g/½ butternut squash
1 onion, chopped
1tsp “easy lazy” garlic
1tsp “easy Lazy” ginger
1tsp cumin
1tsp turmeric
1tsp coriander
1tsp garam masala
1tsp madras curry powder
600g chicken, pre-cooked, chopped into cubes
750mL chicken stock
400g Chopped Tomatoes

Method

(This can be made in advance.)
Chop up the butternut squash into small cubes; leave the skin on, extra fibre!

Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and add chopped onion, ginger & garlic, cook for 7 mins, with a lid on the pan.

Add butternut squash, madras curry powder and chicken stock, cook for 40 mins, remove from the heat and liquidize with a hand blender.

Continue.

Place back on heat and add cumin, turmeric and coriander, cook for 1 min, add tomato and chicken cook until chicken has been cooked through. Add garam masala 5 min before serving.
Serve on a bed of rice with a side salad.

Attachments

• Butternut Squash Curry (Large).JPG
    Butternut Squash Curry (Large).JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 164
  • Butternut Squash Curry-2 (Large).JPG
    Butternut Squash Curry-2 (Large).JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 185
made this yesterday, must admit, best SW friendly curry to date!

Pete’s Butternut Squash Chicken Curry

Serves 4
Ingredients

425g/½ butternut squash
1 onion, chopped
1tsp “easy lazy” garlic
1tsp “easy Lazy” ginger
1tsp cumin
1tsp turmeric
1tsp coriander
1tsp garam masala
1tsp madras curry powder
600g chicken, pre-cooked, chopped into cubes
750mL chicken stock
400g Chopped Tomatoes

Method

(This can be made in advance.)
Chop up the butternut squash into small cubes; leave the skin on, extra fibre!

Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and add chopped onion, ginger & garlic, cook for 7 mins, with a lid on the pan.

Add butternut squash, madras curry powder and chicken stock, cook for 40 mins, remove from the heat and liquidize with a hand blender.

Continue.

Place back on heat and add cumin, turmeric and coriander, cook for 1 min, add tomato and chicken cook until chicken has been cooked through. Add garam masala 5 min before serving.
Serve on a bed of rice with a side salad.

oh pete oh pete! best curry ive tasted , i died went to heaven and will you marry me?

Hi Pebbles67.
I asked the wife but she will not let me marry you! (There are others in the queue........)

Oooh I think I'll try this amazing chicken curry that gets proposals out if people! Thanks for sharing Pete!

You know the feeling, last day before pay day, almost empty fridge,after mooching around I made this from the leftovers, bacon slices, two weeks old. potatoes gone soft and leeks. would be better with a nice cheese sauce. mumm......

Pete’s Leek & Potato Pie

Serves 2
Ingredients
3 medium potatoes
500mL vegetable stock
2 large leeks
4 slices bacon, sliced into small pieces
Dried thyme

Method

Peel and cut the potatoes into thin slices, cut the leeks into 20-30mm thick pieces, add to a deep saucepan filled with the stock and bring to the boil, cook for 5 mins then drain, saving the stock.

Spray a oven proof dish with Fry Light then place the leeks and potatoes in it, season well, sprinkling the bacon on top, add 200mL of stock (or until just below the top of the ingredients) cover with foil and cook for 3 0 mins at 180c.

Remove the foil after 30 mins and return to the oven for a further 20 mins or until the bacon has gone crispy.

Attachments

• Leek & Potato Pie (Large).JPG
    Leek & Potato Pie (Large).JPG
    216.2 KB · Views: 225
Here is the BBQ sauce that you can use on pork ribs or as a dip, just coat the meat and cook until done( cook them on tinfoil to help on the cleaning)

Pete’s Spicy BBQ sauce

Serves 4
Syn Free

Ingredients

1 onion peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp. mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz. passata
3 tbsp. artificial sweetener
4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. mustard powder
salt and freshly ground blacken pepper.

Balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce provide the basis for this great tasting bbq sauce that is perfect for a dip, basting a chicken thighs or vegetable kebabs before a BBQ.

Method

Spray a pan with fry light and sauté the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

Stir in the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened. Blitz with a hand blender for a finer mix.

Check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

Freezer friendly.

For BBQ Baked beans add 1 Tbsp to a large tin of Baked Beans, great!

Attachments

• BBQ Sauce.JPG
    BBQ Sauce.JPG
    191.4 KB · Views: 193
Back