+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Mmmmmmmm!! What way did u do ur base?

I made the base out of the Tesco Wholemeal Bread Mix. 75g made up with warm water costs 2 xHeB or 1 HeB and 6 syns. It tasted like the real thing. I also used 42g Mozzerela for a HeA.

Last night's comfort food!..............

Pete’s Steak, Beans & Baked Potato

Ingredients

1 Lean steak per person
400g Baked beans
1 Baked potato per person

Method

Place the steaks on a wooden board and with a mallet tenderize the meat while reducing the thickness, put to one side.

Select one medium/large potato and pierce the skin with a fork, rub sea salt all over and place in a microwave and part cook for 5 mins, remove and cook in a preheated cooker at 180c for a further 30 mins or until cooked.

Place the baked beans in a saucepan and heat up fully.

5 mins before the potatoes are fully cooked either use the grill or a chargrill pan and cook the steak for between 3-5 mins depending how you like your steak.

Serve with a side salad.

Attachments

• Steak-Beans & Baked Potato (Large).JPG
    Steak-Beans & Baked Potato (Large).JPG
    207.7 KB · Views: 213
Last nights (fairly) low syn fajitas

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110911_103458.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110911_103458.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 201
Recipe please that looks great! :D

I use:

• Quorn fillets sliced

• Schwartz perfect shake fajita (Free)

• Peppers, onions mushrooms sliced

• Fry light
For serving:

• wholemeal (or any low syn) tortilla wraps (i believe the asda ones are the lowest) I used discovery wmeal tortillas 8 pack which works out at 5.5 syns each i think.
  • Weight watchers creme fraise with mixed in chives: 1.5 syns per level tbsp
  • Grated cheese (i used as HEA)
  • Salsa: Not sure on syns but only 7 kcal per 30ml serving
Stir fry veg and quorn (or chicken, but seal it before adding veg) using fry light, usually for around 4-5 minutes.
Sprinkle with perfect shake fajita (1 tbsp per 2 servings) and stir fry for another minute or so.
Serve while nice and hot.

Last night i had two fajita wraps, each with some cheese, creme fraise and salsa. I put this down at 15 syns in total. Ok its your max daily allowance but i dont feel like i am missing out and its nice and filling.

To save on syns sometimes i use quark instead of creme fraise and would even use wmeal pittas as HEBs instead of wraps but then i look at hubs dinner and feel a bit jealous hee hee!

My own version of our local Takeaway's Popular Pizza - Tomato, cheese, smokey bacon, mushroom, and pepperoni topping.

1PIZZA-1.jpg

Just out of interest how do you get your base nice and round? I use the same recipe but my base always comes out really messy looking, never perfect and round like this!

As a rare treat we had pizza from scratch- and proper non sw dough too. Toppings are mushrooms and chevre with a ricotta base instead of tomato. It cost me 10 syns plus half a HEB and a HEA but it was worth every syn! :)

Attachments

• image-526679113.jpg
    image-526679113.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 178
LUNCH
NINE layer salad! OMG soooo good :drool: It had layers of romaine lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, 1/2 pot cottage cheese with pineapple (1.5), tomatoes, sweetcorn, boiled duck egg, ham, cheese (A)

6141048353_3f77f931e0.jpg

DINNER
Pan fried salmon
Roasted veggies (butternut squash, potatoes, peppers, courgette, fennel, red onion) - 0.5 for tiny amount of olive oil

6141048919_83ff0cd54b.jpg

LUNCH
NINE layer salad! OMG soooo good :drool: It had layers of romaine lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, 1/2 pot cottage cheese with pineapple (1.5), tomatoes, sweetcorn, boiled duck egg, ham, cheese (A)

6141048353_3f77f931e0.jpg

Honey that salad looks ridiculously good!

Back