+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

For brekkie today I had a potato and onion rosti with a frylighted egg.

Attachments

• image-4178332580.jpg
    image-4178332580.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 152
A yummy fry for lunch today

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111002_144158.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111002_144158.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 190
I think I will try this, I have been making a SW mac n cheese but syn wise this is much the same and I'm sure tastes better. Do u know of any other supermarket low syn cheese sauces? You don't get Morrisons in Belfast :-( x x

Any other cheese sauce that uses boiled water instead of milk should be lower in syns.

Bisto Cheese Sauce Granules come in a tub and asda do their own too that you just use water.

BIG fry up breakfast!

6204970592_04fa9977c6.jpg

Dinner: Grilled Joe's beef burgers with swede & celeriac chips and sauteed swiss chard

6204906424_ef7d14bacd.jpg

Sundays recipes..............

Pete’s Harissa Chicken

Serves 2
Ingredients
2 Chicken Breasts
1 Medium Potato, chopped into quarters
1 Red Onion, chopped into quarters
1 Onion, chopped into quarters
1 Carrot, chopped into quarters
1 Parsnip, chopped into quarters
Broccoli
Harissa Paste

Method

Spray an oven-proof dish with Fry Light and fill with the chopped veg. Cook at 180c for 25-35 mins until cooked.

Place the broccoli into a small saucepan filled with salted water, cook for 5 mins after the chicken has had the Harissa added. Drain when cooked.

Place the chicken in an oven-proof dish and cook for 20 mins, remove from the oven and coat with the Harissa paste, return to the oven for a further 10 mins.

Pete’s Tuna Couscous Salad

Serves 2

Ingredients

100g couscous
200mL boiling vegetable stock
100g cucumber, chopped finely
Zest of a lemon
1 celery stick, chopped finely
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 spring onion, chopped finely
1 small tin of Tuna
Lettuce, finely chopped
1 Tomato, finely chopped

Method

Place the couscous in a large bowl and add the hot veg. stock. Mix with a fork, cover with cling film and set aside for 5 mins.

Open 1 tin of tuna and flake it, add to the now cooled couscous .
Fluff up the couscous and add the other ingredients, zest the lemon, add seasoning.

Cover and put in the fridge to cool until required

Attachments

• Chicken Harissa Sunday Lunch (Large).JPG
    Chicken Harissa Sunday Lunch (Large).JPG
    206.4 KB · Views: 1,214
  • Tuna Couscous Salad (Large).JPG
    Tuna Couscous Salad (Large).JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 201
Joanne24 said:
Any other cheese sauce that uses boiled water instead of milk should be lower in syns.

Bisto Cheese Sauce Granules come in a tub and asda do their own too that you just use water.

Thanks! X

Mondays Supper................

Pete’s Salmon & Wild Rice
Serves 2
Ingredients
2 Salmon Fillets
150mL wild Rice
1 Lemon
1 Tbsp. Runny Honey
1Tbsp Light Soy sauce

Method

Place the salmon in a small dish and add the soy sauce & runny honey cover with cling film and leave in the fridge to marinate for at least 1Hr.

Heat the grill and place the salmon on tinfoil, zest the lemon over the salmon, cut and add the juice, loosely cover with the tinfoil and grill for 20 mins , turning halfway through, when cooked.

While the salmon is cooking, prepare the wild rice, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to prevent it boiling over & cook for 20 mins, remove from the heat and drain, place the sieve back on the saucepan, cover and allow steaming for 5mins.

Attachments

• Salmon & Rice (Large).JPG
    Salmon & Rice (Large).JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 250
Tuesdays dinner............

Pete’s Chilli Con Carni

Serves: 4

Ingredients

1 large onion, finely chopped
1 Red onion, finely chopped
1 tsp “very lazy” garlic
1 tsp “very lazy” chilli
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp paprika
1 x 397g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
284ml/½ pint Knorr “Rich Beef” stock
salt and ground black pepper
454g/1lb extra lean beef mince
1 Carrot, finely chopped
1 Celery, finely chopped
Method
Cook the mince in a frying pan on high heat to remove any remaining fat and cook until brown, remove from the pan and set to one side.
Fry the onion, carrot, celery, gently over a low heat for 6-8 minutes, until softened and golden. Return the mince to the pan.
Add the garlic, chillies and all the spices and continue frying, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes. Add minced, stirring until it begins to brown.
Add the canned tomatoes, tomato puree and stock. Stir well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes, until the liquid is slightly reduced.
Season with salt and pepper and add drained kidney beans. Heat through gently for about 5 minutes. Or pour into slow cooker and leave on “low” until you want to eat.
Serve hot with some plain boiled rice and a salad.

Attachments

• Chilli Con Carni (Large).JPG
    Chilli Con Carni (Large).JPG
    239.1 KB · Views: 235
Jumbo King Prawns with 1 tbls Tiger Tiger Red Thai Salad dressing (1 syn) and a beefsteak tomato and red onion salad....

209.jpg

6 x Wholegrain Finn Crisps (HExB), 1 x Dairylea light slice (1/3 HExA), 2 x Healthy living half fat cheese slices (2/3 HExA), Ham, Tomato and Red Onion....

001.jpg

Oh now i feel hungry ginlin the ham on crispbreads done it. Off to munch xx

I think it makes it more filling breaking them up and making small, I suppose could be posh and say, 'canapes', as they take longer to eat!;)

Ooo Ginlin your food looks amazing I am starving now lol xxx

Back