+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Another review for the WorldFoods sauces and this time a Pad thai meal so tasty. The sauce was a low 6 and 1/2 syns for the whole bottle served four and so I am synning at 2 syns for my portion.

. I also added coriander as a decoration but forgot to add when photographing. Then too hungry to redo.
Full details on my blog.
GIVEN TO DISTRACTING OTHERS: WorldFoods My Pad Thai offering

PadThai.jpg

Another review for the WorldFoods sauces and this time a Pad thai meal so tasty. The sauce was a low 6 and 1/2 syns for the whole bottle served four and so I am synning at 2 syns for my portion.

. I also added coriander as a decoration but forgot to add when photographing. Then too hungry to redo.
Full details on my blog.
GIVEN TO DISTRACTING OTHERS: WorldFoods My Pad Thai offering

PadThai.jpg

Looks absolutely delicious.
I like the World Foods sauces, as hubby can eat them, as they are gluten free.

Todays SW deliciousness

Scan bran cake

Butterbean and chicken curry

Fruit salad and 3 tbsps on Elmlea light whipping creme

Attachments

• DSC_0158.jpg
    DSC_0158.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC_0161.jpg
    DSC_0161.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 432
  • DSC_0163.jpg
    DSC_0163.jpg
    445.8 KB · Views: 210
First attempt at making syn free KFC style chicken drumsticks using Smash instant mash potato (original), mixed with herbs and spices instead of bread crumbs. Came out lovely and crispy - not at all potato-y.

INGREDIENTS
9 skinless chicken drumsticks, all visible fat removed
1 egg
2 Tsp of chicken Bovril
Frylight
Half a cup of Smash instant potato flakes
1 Tsp of black pepper
1 Maggi cube
0.5-1 Tsp of onion powder
0.5-1 Tsp of garlic powder/salt
0.5-1 Tsp of sweet paprika
0.5-1 Tsp of chilli powder (you can leave this out if you don't want it too hot)

METHOD
Beat the egg and Bovril until well combined

Mix all of the spices into the potato flakes - stir through with a spoon to make sure the spices are distributed evenly.

Dip each (raw) drumstick into the egg until covered. Then place in the bowl with the potato/spice mix. The egg will allow the potato/spice mix to cling to the meat. Repeat until all drumsticks are caked in the potato/spice mix.

Lay the drumsticks on a baking sheet sprayed with Frylight. Spray the chicken as well. Cook until golden brown.

Loved this - the instant potato acts similar to flour and came out really flavourful. My son had the idea that instead of using all the spices, you could perhaps add a ready made spice mix to the potato such as the Maggi so Juicy (4 to 5.5 syns per pack) or the Old El Paso chicken fajita BBQ mix (4.5 syns per pack)

Attachments

• PA070004.jpg
    PA070004.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 274
  • PA070007.jpg
    PA070007.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
First attempt at making syn free KFC style chicken drumsticks using Smash instant mash potato (original), mixed with herbs and spices instead of bread crumbs. Came out lovely and crispy - not at all potato-y.

It looks lovely did you just coat the chicken with the other ingredients and put it in the oven or the actifry? Definately going to give this a go. What spices did you use?

Hey Zilla, I've amended my post above to include the recipe. :)

Sundays Dinner feast! Harissa Chicken....need I say any more.

Attachments

• Harissa Sunday Dinner (Large).JPG
    Harissa Sunday Dinner (Large).JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 689

INGREDIENTS
9 skinless chicken drumsticks, all visible fat removed
1 egg
2 Tsp of chicken Bovril
Frylight
Half a cup of Smash instant potato flakes
1 Tsp of black pepper
1 Maggi cube
0.5-1 Tsp of onion powder
0.5-1 Tsp of garlic powder/salt
0.5-1 Tsp of sweet paprika
0.5-1 Tsp of chilli powder (you can leave this out if you don't want it too hot)

METHOD
Beat the egg and Bovril until well combined

Mix all of the spices into the potato flakes - stir through with a spoon to make sure the spices are distributed evenly.

Dip each (raw) drumstick into the egg until covered. Then place in the bowl with the potato/spice mix. The egg will allow the potato/spice mix to cling to the meat. Repeat until all drumsticks are caked in the potato/spice mix.

Lay the drumsticks on a baking sheet sprayed with Frylight. Spray the chicken as well. Cook until golden brown.

Loved this - the instant potato acts similar to flour and came out really flavourful. My son had the idea that instead of using all the spices, you could perhaps add a ready made spice mix to the potato such as the Maggi so Juicy (4 to 5.5 syns per pack) or the Old El Paso chicken fajita BBQ mix (4.5 syns per pack)

That looks amazing Christiana!! It actually looks fried! Will definitely try this out. Would be so delicious with a potato salad and green salad yum!

Back