+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

CREAMY SMOKED SALMON PASTA. ( Kwise's recipe)

image-297822914.jpg

GREEN DAY - 1 HEB & 1 HEA

Ingredients (for 2 -4)
4 Hard Boiled Eggs, chopped
85g (per person) Smoked Salmon cut into strips
30g (per person) Grated Parmesan
170g-200g dried pasta
250g 0% Fat Greek Yogurt
2 spoonfuls fat free fromage frais
1 Tblsp Fresh Chives. Chopped
1 tsp dried dill
Salt & Pepper

Boil the pasta per instructions.
Drain pasta and return to the pan with all the remaining ingredients.
Heat very gently whilst stirring until heated through but not boiling.

Serve

I've been looking through pages but can't find what I'm looking for, any sweet tooth dessert recipes? Also any suggestions to make a pizza low syn? I don't like the smash one, I did spot the warburtions square one but I'd prefer to try keep it less than 8syns if possible. Thanks xx I'm a newbie lol xx

Here yummymummy try this

APPLE & BLACKCURRANT BATTER PUDDING
-------------------------------------------------------

SERVES 6 , 6 syns a portion.

It was so easy and cooked in 25 mins, really yummy almost like having a sponge.
85g plain flour
2 eggs
285ml milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
30g caster sugar
2tbsp sweetener
350g apples peeled, cored and sliced
50g black currants
1 level tbsp Demerara sugar

Preheat oven gas 5 / 190c Spray a shallow dish with frylight and place fruit over the bottom.
Sieve flour into a bowl.
In a jug mix together vanilla, eggs, milk, caster sugar and sweetener.
Pour half into the flour and bind together then gradually mix remaining in until you have a smooth batter.
Pour batter over fruit and scatter Demerara sugar.
Bake for 25mins or until browned and cooked through. Simply gorge

image-2179714946.jpg

I've been looking through pages but can't find what I'm looking for, any sweet tooth dessert recipes? Also any suggestions to make a pizza low syn? I don't like the smash one, I did spot the warburtions square one but I'd prefer to try keep it less than 8syns if possible. Thanks xx I'm a newbie lol xx

I made a meat-za last week & it was gorgeous!

The base was just extra lean mince mixed with one egg, salt & pepper, spread out thinly onto a baking tray & cooked for 20-30 mins until brown. Let cool for 10 mins & then add toppings & put back in oven until cooked. Yummy & Syn free if using cheese as HE A.

Evening Ladies,

Donnadjt has done really well calorie counting. Lost an amazing 29lbs. Remember she is not on the SW plan. Just worked out the syns for hairy bikers meatballs in chunky sauce. It's about 45 because it uses lean pork mince and not extra lean. It does look delicious but would ruin a good week.

Sorry i didn't think about this but you could adapt the recipe - use extra lean mince - I don't always use lean pork mince cos I don't like it that much x

DO you a recipe for Salt and Pepper chicken it looks lovely?

Hi yes no problem

SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN
Serves 4

4 Chicken breasts chopped into strips.
2 onions, sliced
4-5 cloves of finely chopped/minced garlic
a bunch of spring onions topped, tails, and chopped into small bits.
3-4 green or red chillis ( I used a tsp red lazy chilli)
a green pepper cut into chunks ( I often use whichever I've got red or green or bit of both)
I used a courgette sliced too and a handful of spinach this time .

sea salt
black pepper

Liberally frylight a wok or large frying pan and heat up.
Add onions and green pepper to pan, and fry over a medium heat so they soften up nicely.
Add garlic, spring onions, chillis to pan and fry for a further minute or so.
Add chicken strips.
Throw several large pinches of sea salt and pepper over the chicken. ( dont worry about how much you're putting in, trust the recipe )
Fry the whole lot together, stirring repeatedly until the chicken is cooked through.

Last weekend I decided to try the Half Syn Fruit Roulade and was not disappointed. It was delicious and, when I took a slice into work, no-one could believe I was allowed to eat it whilst trying to lose weight. When I told them I could have eaten the whole roulade for half a Syn, I was inundated with requests for the recipe. This can be found on here by typing the name of it into the search box, entering and then pressing Search Site (thanks Allimack for telling me how to search successfully!). Another dessert I'm addicted to is a meringue nest (JS 2.5 Syns each) filled with fat free yogurt (I love the new Muller 0% Greek yogs - especially the strawberry and honeyed peach - all half a Syn) and topped with fresh fruit. I'm not usually mad on meringue but the sharpness of the fruit helps it not be over sweet. As for pizza - last weekend I also tried the pizza idea on a WW tortilla wrap (5.5 Syns). I spread the base with tomato puree, which is now Free and then topped it with peppers, garlic granules, ham, shredded chicken, that I had left over from a roast the day before, mushrooms and onions, which I didn't have to precook, and my HX cheese allowance (I always use mature cheese because a little goes a long way and I think it tastes better than light cheeses). Popped it in the oven for 20 mins and it was gorgeous, tasting like a thin based pizza without the naughtiness! Obviously, the flavourings are entirely personal and endless, a bit like this reply! Hope this helps with the cravings! : )

Sorry i didn't think about this but you could adapt the recipe - use extra lean mince - I don't always use lean pork mince cos I don't like it that much x
It's just dawned on me re the mince and the plans - thank you - will be a bit more careful with the weekly shop this week - thankfully everything else is spot on

Last edited:
Made a chicken korma last night using Muller Greek style coconut yoghurt I read about on here. I'm a huge korma lover and didn't think could make anything close to it on SW but it was gorgeous! Cant beat a good meal for a syn!

Fry chicken off in fry light and add onions plus any veg you like (I added carrots, brocoli, sweetcorn and peas from a mixed veg parcel)
Sprinkle in 2 chicken stock cubes and add mild curry powder to your taste.
Take off the heat and stir in 2 muller light greek coconut yoghurts. Beautiful!
Served mine with boiled rice.

View attachment 85429

Looks great but did it not taste too bitter or sweet? Can't imagine it with two whole pots of yogurt in it. Sounds really simple to do! x

Of course :) it makes a massive lasagne, enough for 8 if you're having other things with it. The meat sauce was :

2 x packs of lean beef mince (less than 5% fat).
1 large onion
1 heaped teaspoon of lazy garlic
Splodge of tomato purée
2 tsps (ish) dried mixed herbs
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 carton of pasatta.

dry fry the mince and onion, then add herbs & garlic, then the rest and simmer for about 1/2 an hour to thicken. This is where I tweak it for flavour.

the white sauce was an experiment : 1 tub of Philly extra light, thinned out with a bit (maybe 80mls) of chicken stock. (I haven,t worked out the syns, but for an 8 portion lasagne it would have come our lower than my allowance so i didn't calculate).

Reduced fat cheddar on top with a fine dusting of Parmesan for a bit of extra flavour.

Middle shelf at 180 for about 1/2 hour.

Peel and slice spuds to what ever chip size you like. Par boil for about 5 mins, the. Rinse with cold water. Return to a pan with garlic powder/granules, smoked paprika, mixed herbs, shake, bung on a baking tray with fry light, about 20 mins on top shelf above lasagne, then blast the oven to its hottest for a few more mins while you're cutting and plating up the lasagne. Just give them a toss or two during cooking.

Hope you enjoy ..... My lot scraped their plates !! Xx

Wow! Thanks for this! Going shopping this afternoon so guess what we're having for tea?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back