Green Day Potato Croquettes

Annie68

Silver Member
Shape cold mashed potato into croquette shapes, dip into a beaten egg and then roll in couscous. Spray with frylight and oven bake till golden.

NB: Free on a green day depending what cous cous you use...

Syn it if the flavoured couscous you use isn't free

Ide never tried couscous before starting sw but i really do like it, its cheap simple to use and very versatile looking around here, thankyou.

I make them a lot, nice and filling. xxx

Sounds yummy - I think I might make some tonight. What oven temperature do you use and for how long?
About 180 for about 25-30 mins, depends how crunchy you like them. Enjoy. xxx

Is the cous cous dried? Or is it ready to eat (i.e. made up with water)?

i did some the other day with instant mash and a packet of sun-dried med couscous (hot water added for 5 mins) and they were very nice.
Im going to experiment now with maybe part boiled sliced potatoes and another idea i have is to use the couscous and blended quorn sausage and make up some scotch eggs instead of using that horrible bran stuff yuk.?

do you think they would freeze well? If i made them and couscoused them and then whacked them in a freezer. Might be worth experimenting with them.

I made these today and HAD to write a thank you. Delicious! My husband loved them, and he didn't even realise they were healthy and therefore required a comment. Hoorah! Thanks.

I use smash. Too lazy for real tattie! lol

Yum Yum, going to try and make these

Well these were a big hit in my house! DH loved them and even the kids ate them all up :eek: they're not big lovers of couscous! So I am now stuffed after 3 quorn sausages croquette potatos and beans :)
Thanks for the recipe!

I soak it first, only for a minute or two.
hth

Back