Potato soup?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Principessa N, 29 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Principessa N

Principessa N Minimins Addict

Does anyone have a recipe for diet potato soup, well i say potato i mean potatoe based,
    I'm not a fan of veg and thought if i could make a potato based soup and then add flavours i fancy, but to be honest i'm a bit clueless.
    Do you just blend potato's or add stock?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kirsty2012

kirsty2012 is gonna shine in 2009

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I would make a potato and leek soup ( i just usually make veg but that cos i'm tight with my points lol )

boil your potatoes and leeks add to the water a veg stock cube and a pinch of sea salt and a couple of twists of black pepper....then depends how you like your soup if you like a bit of spice add a little chopped chilli.

The end result depends again on how you like your soup, if you want it smooth than blend the lot together i use a stick blender....or if like me you like a few chunks in it just blend half of it. hope this helps
  4. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

I would use potatoes and leek too, perhaps a bit of onion, and some stock and blend with a stick blender. I tend to add just a splash of skimmed milk too just before blending.

Autumn chowder is nice too - dice the potatoes into small pieces and cook in stock with thinly sliced carrots and sweetcorn. Add a little skimmed milk before serving and, if you can spare the points, put some grated l/f cheese on top on top of it in the bowl.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.