Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Well I'm very pleased to of found the pram I want!!! Lucky as last time I bought 4 weeks before Jacob were born! Plus it's on sale :p

Ooh what did you get? I love prams!!! And sales!!xx

It's the mama & papas sola :D

Not sure on colour......

ForumRunner_20140123_104354.png

ForumRunner_20140123_104400.png

ForumRunner_20140123_104406.png

Were buying on Saturday ... Really unsure for colour! As I could use for next baby but if had girl I can't use if get blue... :/
But love the flowery pattern in the hood :)

Debating if need to buy the carrycot part too as it lays right down so could buy a cocoon to put in so he's protected and cosy ...

ForumRunner_20140123_104847.png

ForumRunner_20140123_104852.png

Ugh... I know we're not talking about me.. But the royal blue in the pram we got, I LOVED!!! Was half tempted to get it even though we're team pink!!!

What pram did you get?x

Were buying on Saturday ... Really unsure for colour! As I could use for next baby but if had girl I can't use if get blue... :/
But love the flowery pattern in the hood :)

Debating if need to buy the carrycot part too as it lays right down so could buy a cocoon to put in so he's protected and cosy ...

View attachment 121395

View attachment 121396
Ooh look at you planning baby number 3 already!!! lol

What pram did you get?x
We went for the Mothercare Expedior Travel System..
So ours comes as carrycot and it converts into the buggy.. And has a car seat too... And you get the cover for carrycot as well as footmuff and cover for buggy.. And the raincoat too...

Personally I LOVE the blue... And the red... But its not my pram or my baby so its just my opinion :) Its so sleak...

Ooh look at you planning baby number 3 already!!! lol

We went for the Mothercare Expedior Travel System..
So ours comes as carrycot and it converts into the buggy.. And has a car seat too... And you get the cover for carrycot as well as footmuff and cover for buggy.. And the raincoat too...

Personally I LOVE the blue... And the red... But its not my pram or my baby so its just my opinion :) Its so sleak...

I know :p I've said to Rob I want 3 or 4 kids lol.

Oooo that's the other one were off to look at on the day too :D as I really like that but want to see in person

I think you could use the blue for a girl - you'd just have to "pink it up" a bit with the blankets lol. But then again i love royal blue (it was my wedding theme colour!)

The cocoon is a good idea, i guess it depends how big the carrycot is as to how much time it will actually get used. Some of them are pretty small so probably wouldn't be used for long, but others tend to be bigger.

I also love Frances' pram.
You'll have great fun looking at the prams. :)

I know :p I've said to Rob I want 3 or 4 kids lol.

Oooo that's the other one were off to look at on the day too :D as I really like that but want to see in person
This was one of the first prams we looked at... We both loved it... It was nice n light n I loved that the carrycot came with it as standard.. We have a moses basket but it'll be handy to not have to carry that up n down the stairs everyday.. So baby can be flat out n comfy snoozing in her pram when out on walks etc... N it means less storage as it converts, rather than later being replaced with the pram fitting..
J would have probably preffered the Orb one (that Danni got) but my poor baby would constantly feel she was in a fairground ride with him!!! ha ha...
The colour pack we got doesn't seem to be available anymore either.. So really glad we got it when we did coz I was saying all along to wait til start of Feb to get it!!!

And yes.. You really do need to see prams before you can make a decision.. There was a Graco one I liked from a website so it was a toss between the one we got and the Graco.. But when we went to see the other.. It was really cheap n flimsy looking.. I'd say we'd have had to replace it within the year... Saying that, it was probably half the price too so half explains it... But it looked great online!! So rule of thumb... If it looks too good to be true... It probably is!!!

I think you could use the blue for a girl - you'd just have to "pink it up" a bit with the blankets lol. But then again i love royal blue (it was my wedding theme colour!)

The cocoon is a good idea, i guess it depends how big the carrycot is as to how much time it will actually get used. Some of them are pretty small so probably wouldn't be used for long, but others tend to be bigger.

I also love Frances' pram.
You'll have great fun looking at the prams. :)
I LOVE royal blue... Such a rich bright happy colour :)

Yeah just double thinking it over again as if I do get the same as Frances, IF we had a girl I can just replace the cover and hood. Whereas the sola pram you can't..... The website just rubbish with not showing more pictures on how it works! I did think it was a carrycot then take off to use the buggy part etc with I don't want due to space etc x

New pregnancy symptom as of today... When I sit down suddenly... I get a shooting pain through my vejayjay... :eek:
If I sit down slowly.. as I probably should be doing.. it doesn't be as bad... So sit down carefully ladies.....

New pregnancy symptom as of today... When I sit down suddenly... I get a shooting pain through my vejayjay... :eek:
If I sit down slowly.. as I probably should be doing.. it doesn't be as bad... So sit down carefully ladies.....

Ouch that does not sound good! maybe baby's head is engaged and thats causing you the pain?
I'm torn i cannot wait to get this baby's bum and feet out of my ribcage but equally not looking forward to all that pressure and stuff down there, i am already waddling well let alone putting a 6lb bowling ball down there too! :eek:

Yeah just double thinking it over again as if I do get the same as Frances, IF we had a girl I can just replace the cover and hood. Whereas the sola pram you can't..... The website just rubbish with not showing more pictures on how it works! I did think it was a carrycot then take off to use the buggy part etc with I don't want due to space etc x

Yea that's our thoughts too.. We can just buy a new colour pack for it for baby number 2... Another bonus...
I did have a look at the M&P Sola in the shop only recently as it was quite similar so was comparing... TBH it looked probably slightly more sturdy than ours?!
But as we'd bought ours I didn't really pay too much attention to take in much... But I do think the carrycot is a third/separate piece.. But sure check it out...
The black one on the website that shows carrycot is a slightly higher price though... So maybe its an extra?

Ouch that does not sound good! maybe baby's head is engaged and thats causing you the pain?
I'm torn i cannot wait to get this baby's bum and feet out of my ribcage but equally not looking forward to all that pressure and stuff down there, i am already waddling well let alone putting a 6lb bowling ball down there too! :eek:
It was painful when it first happened as I just plonked myself down.. Its not as painful if I sit gently.. lol
Could well be.. Would explain the feeling of the brick on my pubic bone yesterday.. ha ha... Or maybe its just starting to move down..

I know.. I'm torn on that too... As you said the other day.. Double edged sword...
Though, for sitting anyway, I'd prefer her engaged.. As after a minute of sitting the pain goes.. Whereas with feet/legs/bum in the rubs its just there and it gets more n more uncomfortable as the day goes on... lol
Although walking may be a problem...

Yea that's our thoughts too.. We can just buy a new colour pack for it for baby number 2... Another bonus...
I did have a look at the M&P Sola in the shop only recently as it was quite similar so was comparing... TBH it looked probably slightly more sturdy than ours?!
But as we'd bought ours I didn't really pay too much attention to take in much... But I do think the carrycot is a third/separate piece.. But sure check it out...
The black one on the website that shows carrycot is a slightly higher price though... So maybe its an extra?

I'm not sure, just watched a video on it so can see it better.. why is pram deciding so hard!! Lol.
The only thing with sola I was abit hmm with was the sides when you lay pram down . Unless the showroom one was just over used and worn.
I keep been set on the sola but then second guess the other one. Atleast Saturday I can see both properly and decide :D

Back