Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

its really upto you, if paracetamol is enough just have that. But if it was really risky or serious i doubt Dr would of prescribed for you x

I was given codeine for pain following a tooth extraction, I only took one but no problems arose from it. Trust your doctor, they'd not give you anything that world harm baby. I think I remember the doctor saying that codeine is better given first or second tri as if given too close to birth it can make baby sleepy xxx

I'm going to ride it out do the neck excersizes il try paracetamol first if I'm desperate. Thank you ladies xx

I'm going to ride it out do the neck excersizes il try paracetamol first if I'm desperate. Thank you ladies xx

Yea I'd see if the exercises eased it first.. And then try paracetemol... But am confident also that he'd not have given them to you if he thought they'd cause any harm to you or bubs.. xxx

Had to share.. Even though its pretty gross and TMI.. Its funny.. And only you ladies will get it....

So its been a few days since I've "been" to the toilet... And just now had a little clearout (sorry.. told you it was TMI)... Anyway... Literally 2 seconds after I started.. Baby gets her wriggle on, after a very quiet of nothing more than a few feet up in my ribs but not much wriggling.. And hasn't stopped wriggling about since... Its like she's thinking "Ugh thank God.. A little bit of room in here" LOL

Sorry.. I know it doesn't have much of a point.. But I got a giggle out of it.. And its not like I can share that piece of info with anyone else that would appreciate it... ha ha

Had to share.. Even though its pretty gross and TMI.. Its funny.. And only you ladies will get it.... So its been a few days since I've "been" to the toilet... And just now had a little clearout (sorry.. told you it was TMI)... Anyway... Literally 2 seconds after I started.. Baby gets her wriggle on, after a very quiet of nothing more than a few feet up in my ribs but not much wriggling.. And hasn't stopped wriggling about since... Its like she's thinking "Ugh thank God.. A little bit of room in here" LOL Sorry.. I know it doesn't have much of a point.. But I got a giggle out of it.. And its not like I can share that piece of info with anyone else that would appreciate it... ha ha

Ha ha, poor baby was struggling for room there!! Lol x

Had to share.. Even though its pretty gross and TMI.. Its funny.. And only you ladies will get it.... So its been a few days since I've "been" to the toilet... And just now had a little clearout (sorry.. told you it was TMI)... Anyway... Literally 2 seconds after I started.. Baby gets her wriggle on, after a very quiet of nothing more than a few feet up in my ribs but not much wriggling.. And hasn't stopped wriggling about since... Its like she's thinking "Ugh thank God.. A little bit of room in here" LOL Sorry.. I know it doesn't have much of a point.. But I got a giggle out of it.. And its not like I can share that piece of info with anyone else that would appreciate it... ha ha

Lol. I recall saying Stevie was 'kicking the sh!t out of me' as he did the same lol xx

I know we've discussed baby clothes sizes before but just thought I'd share what we've found out since having Seth.

He was 7lb 8oz at birth which is a decent weight but everything is absolutely huge on him! Boots newborn size is the worst, absolutely massive. He's a tiny baby in their sizes lol. Best fit so far has been Next up to one month size, he has two sleepsuits in that size that fit him perfectly. Polarn O Pyret 0-1 (bought from the sale I might add!) and Asda first size aren't bad either but the Next clothes are my favourite. They are lovely fabric, fasten up a sensible way (avoid anything that needs pulling over their heads!) and the sleepsuits have built in scratch mits which are a godsend when you have a baby that likes poking himself in the eye as much as this one ;)

Hope that's vaguely helpful? We bought tonnes of 0-3 stuff and I can't see Seth getting into any of it prior to Xmas. He'll be lucky if he's in newborn clothes by then! xxx

I know we've discussed baby clothes sizes before but just thought I'd share what we've found out since having Seth. He was 7lb 8oz at birth which is a decent weight but everything is absolutely huge on him! Boots newborn size is the worst, absolutely massive. He's a tiny baby in their sizes lol. Best fit so far has been Next up to one month size, he has two sleepsuits in that size that fit him perfectly. Polarn O Pyret 0-1 (bought from the sale I might add!) and Asda first size aren't bad either but the Next clothes are my favourite. They are lovely fabric, fasten up a sensible way (avoid anything that needs pulling over their heads!) and the sleepsuits have built in scratch mits which are a godsend when you have a baby that likes poking himself in the eye as much as this one ;) Hope that's vaguely helpful? We bought tonnes of 0-3 stuff and I can't see Seth getting into any of it prior to Xmas. He'll be lucky if he's in newborn clothes by then! xxx

We found similar and I think I mentioned it at the time but it was 4 weeks (at least) before Stevie move out of his newborns and up to 1 months...and even then the next and debenhams 0-3's were too long for him!! He only started wearing the next 0-3's when he was 9 weeks old (he was 12lbs 8oz at 6 weeks so assume he is much bigger now!!) xxx

I know we've discussed baby clothes sizes before but just thought I'd share what we've found out since having Seth. He was 7lb 8oz at birth which is a decent weight but everything is absolutely huge on him! Boots newborn size is the worst, absolutely massive. He's a tiny baby in their sizes lol. Best fit so far has been Next up to one month size, he has two sleepsuits in that size that fit him perfectly. Polarn O Pyret 0-1 (bought from the sale I might add!) and Asda first size aren't bad either but the Next clothes are my favourite. They are lovely fabric, fasten up a sensible way (avoid anything that needs pulling over their heads!) and the sleepsuits have built in scratch mits which are a godsend when you have a baby that likes poking himself in the eye as much as this one ;) Hope that's vaguely helpful? We bought tonnes of 0-3 stuff and I can't see Seth getting into any of it prior to Xmas. He'll be lucky if he's in newborn clothes by then! xxx

Wow thanks for this. I'm slightly worried everything will be too big for our babe. How long is Seth? We have some new born stuff and I guess Paul can always go out to sains or next and buy little baby stuff if we need it. Sizing is so annoying. X

Wow thanks for this. I'm slightly worried everything will be too big for our babe. How long is Seth? We have some new born stuff and I guess Paul can always go out to sains or next and buy little baby stuff if we need it. Sizing is so annoying. X

We're not sure - midwife said he seems to be quite long but he's not been measured yet, apparently HV will do that? Anyway he's not teeny by any means and yet even some newborn stuff swamps him. The sizing makes no sense at all... :/ xxx

Oh. Wasn't he measured at birth? Our babies are weighed n measured here...
Yea thanks to Cai I've picked up more newborn vests n sleepsuits as I'd hardly any. I've a fair few up to a month n 0-3 month stuff too so sorted until we know what size age actually will be. Thanks for sharing :) xx

Oh. Wasn't he measured at birth? Our babies are weighed n measured here... Yea thanks to Cai I've picked up more newborn vests n sleepsuits as I'd hardly any. I've a fair few up to a month n 0-3 month stuff too so sorted until we know what size age actually will be. Thanks for sharing :) xx

Weighed yes, measured no. Apparently they wait until babies uncurl a bit after a few weeks? He does have quite long legs though, a few of the newborn things fit him in the leg but are way too big everywhere else. I remember Cai mentioning about how Stevie fit much smaller stuff so I bought more newborn clothes but even some of the newborn stuff is too big! :/

Re: Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

Freddie is in tiny baby, and some of them are too big, especially his all in one coat, he's got a few up to ten lbs that aren't bad from tesco but are still a bit big, he was 6lb 14 and 53cm long. midwife came yesterday to do his heal prick test and weighed him hes 6lb 6 now, hope he starts putting weight on now.x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Freddie is in tiny baby, and some of them are too big, especially his all in one coat, he's got a few up to ten lbs that aren't bad from tesco but are still a bit big, he was 6lb 14 and 53cm long. midwife came yesterday to do his heal prick test and weighed him hes 6lb 6 now, hope he starts putting weight on now.x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Aww Saz we've yet to meet Freddie.....
Hope ur both doing well? X

Aww Saz we've yet to meet Freddie.....
Hope ur both doing well? X

we are fine Thankyou, i posted a pic a few days ago i think lol, he he is.. him and his bro are my whole world, their dads not bad too lol.x

ForumRunner_20131220_194826.png

ForumRunner_20131220_194851.png

ForumRunner_20131220_194939.png

my two boys, ignore callums calamine lotion lol, thus was the first day i let him near the baby with the pox, my midwife said Freddie is immune and callum has been dying to get hold of him bless him.

ForumRunner_20131220_195400.png
that babygro is newborn and look how big it is.x

Ah Saz, he's lovely! Bless him in his massive babygro, he's even littler than Seth and he's drowning in his newborn clothes. Gorgeous boys you have <3

Aww he is gorgeous! Makes me want April to come round even sooner!! X

Back