Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Help please ladies... I'm feeling what feels like kicks right down below like in my bum and really low down the front like she's dropped down and is kicking to get out if you know what I mean?? surely it can't be kicks??

Help please ladies... I'm feeling what feels like kicks right down below like in my bum and really low down the front like she's dropped down and is kicking to get out if you know what I mean?? surely it can't be kicks??

it could be kicks, i used to feel Freddie moving about all the time down low when i was as far along as you, and when he engaged i could feel his head moving from side to side, it makes me sad that I'll not feel him inside me again. i better stop thinking like that because I've already been a bit weepy the last couple of days with the baby blues, anything can set me off, id much rather him be here like he is though, think its because he's my last so I'll never feel that again.x

Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

Yeah could be kicks. Depends what position she is in. I used to feel little tickles just above my pubic bone, which I figured were her little hands!

I have no idea what position she's in now midwife said she side to side on Monday but I think she may have moved around since then, I have had the little tickles as well very bizarre at first lol I'll count them all as movements then I don't get many so every ones counts :D

Last edited:
Girls

These BH's....are they supposed to be painful? Since 8.30 this morning I've been getting pains in the top and sides of my bump (not lower down period type pain). There's no pattern to it but it bloody hurts!! It feels like when you have a tummy bug and you need to belt to the loo all of a sudden but I don't need to go, and trust me I've sat on the loo a fair bit today. Baby is still wriggling about and objecting when I sit in certain positions like usual. My bump isn't changing with the pain, doesn't get harder or anything. I've just rung the hospital and the midwife said it just sounds like everything is heavy and weighing me down. She didn't want me to go in but told me to keep an eye on it and check for bleeding etc. I just don't get why it's started all of a sudden today. I'm full of cold and it's all on my chest and throat but surely that wouldn't affect my tummy? Ah I dunno. Any suggestions? Gonna go have a bath when Tom gets in to try to soothe it.

Tbh hun doesn't sound to me like bh. As bh are exactly like contractions as in, they're in yer back n bottom of yer bump. As far as I'm aware anyway. Cud b wrong obviously...
Maybe it all yer muscles tensing with u feeling so pants?
Hope u feel better soon xxx

Tbh hun doesn't sound to me like bh. As bh are exactly like contractions as in, they're in yer back n bottom of yer bump. As far as I'm aware anyway. Cud b wrong obviously... Maybe it all yer muscles tensing with u feeling so pants? Hope u feel better soon xxx

That's what I thought. Plus I don't think BH's are supposed to last all day and these are still at it now. It's making me feel sick and I'm struggling to eat. The only thing that took it away was sleeping earlier but when I sleep my throat and chest get worse. God I'm a moaner xx

That's what I thought. Plus I don't think BH's are supposed to last all day and these are still at it now. It's making me feel sick and I'm struggling to eat. The only thing that took it away was sleeping earlier but when I sleep my throat and chest get worse. God I'm a moaner xx

No ur not at all. Hopefully ur not coning down with z big r something. Tho it's an odd bug starting like that. No ideas am afraid hun xxx

Tbh hun doesn't sound to me like bh. As bh are exactly like contractions as in, they're in yer back n bottom of yer bump. As far as I'm aware anyway. Cud b wrong obviously... Maybe it all yer muscles tensing with u feeling so pants? Hope u feel better soon xxx

I've had bh at the top of my bump so they could be x

I've had bh at the top of my bump so they could be x

Ah I just dunno. It's been all day now and it's killing. Hospital didn't seem concerned though. The only time this pain is worth it is if it's labour and I'm pretty sure it's not!!! X

Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

Ah I just dunno. It's been all day now and it's killing. Hospital didn't seem concerned though. The only time this pain is worth it is if it's labour and I'm pretty sure it's not!!! X

Have you been coughing a lot hun? If so it could be your muscles. You know if you're ever sick loads (when no pregnant) and a few days after your tummy hurts Cos the muscles have been really stretched? Well if you're coughing loads at the moment, your tummy muscles are already out of place over the top and down the sides and are still trying to help you cough, so it could be that?
Try some paracetamol maybe? Xx

Have you been coughing a lot hun? If so it could be your muscles. You know if you're ever sick loads (when no pregnant) and a few days after your tummy hurts Cos the muscles have been really stretched? Well if you're coughing loads at the moment, your tummy muscles are already out of place over the top and down the sides and are still trying to help you cough, so it could be that? Try some paracetamol maybe? Xx

A bit but not loads. Mind you, I was up a lot in the night with my chest and throat so might be from that. It just feels weird, like stomach bug pains but I don't have any other symptoms. I just had a soak in the bath and managed to get on my left hand side to get my bump under the water which soothed it but it's back again now. Gonna take a couple of paracetamol and get comfy in bed :) xx

Stevie is so windy!!!
I think he gets tummy ache a lot ( he tells me through screaming )
Any advice ?? Xx

Is gripe water any good ? X

Do baby movements increase drastically at this stage (31 weeks) ???
I'm so not complaining but this baby never stops lately. N it's not just the usual little wriggles. It's lotsa proper twists n turns. Some kicks which are quite strong and quite often.

I'm 31 weeks on Tuesday and I think he moves more now than a couple of weeks ago.

Stevie is so windy!!!
I think he gets tummy ache a lot ( he tells me through screaming )
Any advice ?? Xx

Sounds stupid I know but do you wind him loads? We didn't really with Abigail as she didn't seem to need it, until she suddenly started screaming loads. Then we started! We also found that lying her on the floor and cycling her legs helped and then once they are soft and you can bend them (they are stiff to begin with we found if she was sore) push both of them up quite firmly into her tummy as if you were doing stomach crunches! That use to make her trump loads. I think the cycling relaxes the muscles and the pushing up helps them trump! We found doing it a couple of times a day really helped and after a while she sort of got used to it and quite liked it and would lie there quite comfortably! X

Back