Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Jess it sounds like it could be some extra watery discharge....unless it smells sweet as the others have said. Perhaps put a towel on and see if you continue to leak this morning and then you can call and at least know a bit more. Another thing they say is lay down and see if any fluid pools...then when you stand up you would notice it coming out?

If you are concerned however i am sure the hospital would rather you call than sit their worrying - after all you have had cramps etc that could be a sign of things starting.

I've had it too Jess although more around the 30 week stage, if your concerned I'd ring and ask and like the others have said maybe wear a pad so you can monitor it today.

I woke up drenched in sweat last night too, so grim :/

Thanks for all of your advise regarding the plug, got midwife this afternoon so will speak to her about it then x

I've had it too Jess although more around the 30 week stage, if your concerned I'd ring and ask and like the others have said maybe wear a pad so you can monitor it today.

I woke up drenched in sweat last night too, so grim :/

Thanks for all of your advise regarding the plug, got midwife this afternoon so will speak to her about it then x

Oh nelly me too.. I was drenched.. Was very tempted to have my shower before getting back in bed as I felt awful... But our shower is so loud it wouldn't have been fair to wake OH... So I changed my PJ's n got back in bed... Its a disgusting feeling though isn't it?!

Thanks ladies x

Well called MAU after posting on here, and was advised to stick a pad on, wait an hour and then call Labour triage. I've had nothing but a couple of "drips" of something since so don't think it's my waters. Triage thinks it could just be some watery discharge as apparently that's more common at this stage. So no waters breaking for me yet!

Was definitely out of the ordinary this morning. I wondered if it was the EPO, but I have been taking it (orally for 2 weeks, vaginally for 1 week) and haven't woken up with anything like that before. My knickers were soaked! So just been advised to keep an eye on it but no more "leaking" since I woke up x

I think both me and John were hoping it would be my waters! But she will come when she's ready xx

Hiya got a question ladies....

Last night my bump was pretty sore, well this morning it's even worse. Only way can explain is if I've banged my stomach or done a crazy workout.
Could this just be from growth spurt? I've anterior placenta unfortunately and don't feel him wriggle around much and only feel kick/punches very low down... So was hoping it's placenta moving lol. X

Thanks ladies x Well called MAU after posting on here, and was advised to stick a pad on, wait an hour and then call Labour triage. I've had nothing but a couple of "drips" of something since so don't think it's my waters. Triage thinks it could just be some watery discharge as apparently that's more common at this stage. So no waters breaking for me yet! Was definitely out of the ordinary this morning. I wondered if it was the EPO, but I have been taking it (orally for 2 weeks, vaginally for 1 week) and haven't woken up with anything like that before. My knickers were soaked! So just been advised to keep an eye on it but no more "leaking" since I woke up x I think both me and John were hoping it would be my waters! But she will come when she's ready xx

Glad it wasn't your waters. I know your 37 weeks and baby is therefore theoretically ready, but I know two seperate people who went into labour just over 37 weeks and both their babies were in neonatal for a few days because their lungs were struggling. When my parents had me, 39 weeks was full term so I personally like to think of that as the time to come.... Having said that I'm now 41 weeks so definitely ready for this baby to come!!

I too have been way more sweaty at night. Actually not just night so have started wearing a pad at night too. Vile but otherwise id be forever changing the sheets because it feels eww.

Hiya got a question ladies.... Last night my bump was pretty sore, well this morning it's even worse. Only way can explain is if I've banged my stomach or done a crazy workout. Could this just be from growth spurt? I've anterior placenta unfortunately and don't feel him wriggle around much and only feel kick/punches very low down... So was hoping it's placenta moving lol. X

Sorry I can't advise but just wanted to say I also have an anterior placenta as have lots of ladies on here... Yet I was given the impression from mw that it's fairly uncommon. Hmm not sure I believe her hehe.

Hope the pain goes Hun but if concerned ring the hospital x

Sorry I can't advise but just wanted to say I also have an anterior placenta as have lots of ladies on here... Yet I was given the impression from mw that it's fairly uncommon. Hmm not sure I believe her hehe.

Hope the pain goes Hun but if concerned ring the hospital x

Yeah I had it with Jacob too. It sucks! Not feeling this baby as much as I did with Jacob though ..

Just really sore today, might see how I am later, all I can think is he's grown and stretching x

Thanks ladies x

Well called MAU after posting on here, and was advised to stick a pad on, wait an hour and then call Labour triage. I've had nothing but a couple of "drips" of something since so don't think it's my waters. Triage thinks it could just be some watery discharge as apparently that's more common at this stage. So no waters breaking for me yet!

Was definitely out of the ordinary this morning. I wondered if it was the EPO, but I have been taking it (orally for 2 weeks, vaginally for 1 week) and haven't woken up with anything like that before. My knickers were soaked! So just been advised to keep an eye on it but no more "leaking" since I woke up x

I think both me and John were hoping it would be my waters! But she will come when she's ready xx

Glad you called hun, does sound like watery discharge - i have had a few mornings where i've woken up with really wet knickers, but i can see it's just discharge (sorry TMI) and don't get anything else when i am up and about. So i wonder if our hormones do crazy things at night or something to cause it?

Baby G will come when she is ready, i know you're 37 weeks, but maybe she wants to cook just a little longer and then she'll be ready to meet you :)

Hiya got a question ladies....

Last night my bump was pretty sore, well this morning it's even worse. Only way can explain is if I've banged my stomach or done a crazy workout.
Could this just be from growth spurt? I've anterior placenta unfortunately and don't feel him wriggle around much and only feel kick/punches very low down... So was hoping it's placenta moving lol. X

I've had an anterior placenta but never felt pain where it was or anything (thats not to say you wouldn't feel it), I guess it could be your stomach stretching or something but if you are worried i would call and ask a MW. Maybe it's something thats common with 2nd and subsequent pregnancies.

I know what you mean about the lack of movement with the anterior placenta - i used to feel most of my movements in one specific area and i could guarantee that quiet days were where baby was punching/kicking the placenta and i couldn't feel it.

Hope the pain goes soon for you.

Probably silly question but can I wear nail varnish if I'm induced or have a c-section? The only reason I ask is because if you have an operation you can't wear nail varnish so that they can see the colour in your nails to make sure you haven't gone white.

When i was doing my training one of my jobs as student midwife was to remove nail polish so i would say no don't bother as they will probably take it off as they like to see the nails as it tells them quite a bit! xx

Yea I have to say I'm inclined to agree with the other girls.. I know some sites say 37 weeks is full term.. I'm more inclined to go with 38 but would like to get to at least 39 before bubs makes any attempt at an escape...
I mean... There's a reason they don't bring you in before 38/39 weeks til they bring you in for a planned section etc...

Jess Last week I had an across the top of my bump which felt like I'd bumped/bruised it... It was a straight line across my tummy was aching.. Lasted 2 r 3 days... I didn't bump it at all and still no idea what it was.. Dunno if I mentioned on here (or my thread)..

Oh I know...I'm not wishing her out trust me! The longer she stays in there, the better - I know that...

I just meant I was a little disappointed it wasn't my waters in the end just because it was a little exciting seeing soaking underwear! I did sort of think for a second "ooh is this it" because it really didn't look like anything else (discharge etc). For a moment you wonder if labour is imminent and it's an exciting feeling. I wouldn't "wish" her out now at all because regardless of being classed as full term, the more weight she can put on the better for her. I definitely don't want anyone to think I am trying to get her out, or want her out. :( I'm only taking EPO/RLC to help me when the time comes, not to shift her along x

My bump feels bruised today but just in a certain area where I think she keeps banging her foot against me... Could be that your getting a lot of kicks in the same place but not feeling them because of the placenta??

Urghhh yeh it feels disgusting, it's always my hair and between my boobs.. Seems to happen a couple of times a week where I wake up in a cold sweet :-/

Not long back from midwife, being sent for a growth scan as measuring 41 weeks and only 37 + 3 bit concerned!
Makes me think with the show at the weekend and her being a bigger baby anyway (she was 7lbs already last week) that she's going to come early and ideally I'd like to keep her "indoors" until full term.

Girlies...
Labour bag...
Have it all packed but just thinking... Should I have shower stuff n fresh PJ's in there too???
Or do they bring me to bed/room before I go for a shower?? Assuming all goes by the book (though I know chances are it won't.. but just so I'm prepared)
Currently in my labour bag I have a button up PJ top (Size 20 so long enough to cover my bum if stand up) & bottoms (in case I'm pounding the corridors), slipper socks... underwear... Baby vest, babygro, mittens, hats, towel, a nappy and a cellular blanket... J's camera... W
orking on snacks but have NO idea what to put in there.. Have some cereal bars and mixed nuts.. And some glucose sweets to suck.. Trying to bring healthy snacks rather than packets of crisps..
Am I missing anything????

Oh I know...I'm not wishing her out trust me! The longer she stays in there, the better - I know that...

I just meant I was a little disappointed it wasn't my waters in the end just because it was a little exciting seeing soaking underwear! I did sort of think for a second "ooh is this it" because it really didn't look like anything else (discharge etc). For a moment you wonder if labour is imminent and it's an exciting feeling. I wouldn't "wish" her out now at all because regardless of being classed as full term, the more weight she can put on the better for her. I definitely don't want anyone to think I am trying to get her out, or want her out. :( I'm only taking EPO/RLC to help me when the time comes, not to shift her along x
Oh Jess I understand completely... I want her here now.. I want to hold n snuggle and see with my eyes that she's absolutely perfect in every way... but I also want her to stay put a little while longer...
Am sure we all know exactly what you meant xxxx

My bump feels bruised today but just in a certain area where I think she keeps banging her foot against me... Could be that your getting a lot of kicks in the same place but not feeling them because of the placenta??

Urghhh yeh it feels disgusting, it's always my hair and between my boobs.. Seems to happen a couple of times a week where I wake up in a cold sweet :-/

Not long back from midwife, being sent for a growth scan as measuring 41 weeks and only 37 + 3 bit concerned!
Makes me think with the show at the weekend and her being a bigger baby anyway (she was 7lbs already last week) that she's going to come early and ideally I'd like to keep her "indoors" until full term.
Yes!!! Back of my neck and in between my boobs... And down below!!! Its RANK!!!

Ooh.. You could be breaking the "going over" cycle.. But yes baby Nelly.. You need to cook a little longer for us please :D

Oh I know...I'm not wishing her out trust me! The longer she stays in there, the better - I know that... I just meant I was a little disappointed it wasn't my waters in the end just because it was a little exciting seeing soaking underwear! I did sort of think for a second "ooh is this it" because it really didn't look like anything else (discharge etc). For a moment you wonder if labour is imminent and it's an exciting feeling. I wouldn't "wish" her out now at all because regardless of being classed as full term, the more weight she can put on the better for her. I definitely don't want anyone to think I am trying to get her out, or want her out. :( I'm only taking EPO/RLC to help me when the time comes, not to shift her along x

Yeah totally understand where you're coming from. I think deep down I wouldn't have mixed if baby had come at 39 weeks... 2 weeks later I'm desperate for baby to come and would probably try anything to bring labour.

So silly fixating on one date because as soon as that due date went, I got upset and inpatient. Silly because the due date isn't a precise science anyway.

Hope you don't have to wait too long now to meet your princess x

I know what you mean, after the show I had I was sure it meant things were starting to kick off and couldn't help but be excited - I'm sure its a very natural feeling as we are all just eager to meet our little ones :)

I go from being desperate to just go in to labour to terrified and wanting to keep her cooking as long as possible x

Thanks for the input about sore bump. Well I have actually felt him move more today so I'm guessing he's give the placenta a good kicking and I'm hurting. As I do feel slight kicks or hits where I didn't before.
If I'm still this sore in morning il call MW.

As for labour bag, I took my own towel as hospital ones were so rough and hurt down below! Also took dressing down as I was messy below for some time before they let me shower as I had epidural ready for c-section but had forceps delivery instead.... So my nightly was bloody and awful. Didn't want to walk from my bed area for people to see me like that :/
Also shower stuff, nonsented so didn't sting down below! X

Back