Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I know some have had the night sweats post baby, how long did they last? I've had them last 2 nights can't believe how much I'm soaked! :-/

Also did anyone get the chills? I've even having them too x

I know some have had the night sweats post baby, how long did they last? I've had them last 2 nights can't believe how much I'm soaked! :-/ Also did anyone get the chills? I've even having them too x

I had the sweats and chills at night, it felt like I had the flu! I used to get the chills when I was feeding too and huge waves of tiredness. It's horrid but it only lasted a couple of weeks so hang in there. xxxx

Morning ladies, feeding pillows god send or waste of money?? X

Godsend! I got one at 1 week pp and wished I'd had it sooner. I would have given up bf a lot sooner without it, put it that way ;) It makes it easy to position baby, you can lie them on it for post feed snoozes and now Seth's getting bigger I use it to help him sit up. Very much worth it! xxx

I know some have had the night sweats post baby, how long did they last? I've had them last 2 nights can't believe how much I'm soaked! :-/

Also did anyone get the chills? I've even having them too x

Bella is 3 weeks old today and I haven't had the sweats or chills for a good couple of nights now so hopefully that's the end of them. Horrible aren't they!
They shouldn't last much longer fir you x

I'm formula feeding so feeding wise, for me... Obviously a waste of money. Tho I don't think I'd use it to BF if I'd carried on as I find it holds her up too high...
But she loves laying in it while she has her chill out time post bottle
N its so cosy to snuggle while sleeping :-D

Thanks, really is horrible but hopefully won't be for much longer :) H just let me have a massive sleep so feeling better for that!

Thomas loves his feeding pillow for occasional BF, his Dad uses it for his bottle and he loves to sit in it too :-D xxx

Right ladies, I'm struggling

Stevie was 4 months old on the 12...his 3-6's from asda were too small after a couple of weeks, his mothercare grows are too small now (he had one on and it's the last time) and I think his next grows have a week or so left...
I have some 6-8's stored mainly from next and they are way too big!!

What shall I do?!?!

My options (as I see them)

But some asda (or similar) 6-9's and think that they will fit now till the ones we have fit

Buy only PJs from now on (as his joggers and t-shirts etc all still fit!)

We wash at 30*c then dry on radiators so they shouldn't be shrinking really but maybe they are.

Anyone experienced similar??

I've always said shops have diff lengths but now he is going to be too small for some and too big for the others!!!

It's crazy and I don't know what to do!! Xxx

Even though I ff my sister lent me hers and I love it. I only really use it during the night but it keeps Cole sleepy as it's nice and soft. And I'll use it to help him sit up once he's sitting :) x

Right ladies, I'm struggling

Stevie was 4 months old on the 12...his 3-6's from asda were too small after a couple of weeks, his mothercare grows are too small now (he had one on and it's the last time) and I think his next grows have a week or so left...
I have some 6-8's stored mainly from next and they are way too big!!

What shall I do?!?!

My options (as I see them)

But some asda (or similar) 6-9's and think that they will fit now till the ones we have fit

Buy only PJs from now on (as his joggers and t-shirts etc all still fit!)

We wash at 30*c then dry on radiators so they shouldn't be shrinking really but maybe they are.

Anyone experienced similar??

I've always said shops have diff lengths but now he is going to be too small for some and too big for the others!!!

It's crazy and I don't know what to do!! Xxx

Yup we had/have the same problem. Abigail is 8 months old and the 9-12 month baby grows are now too small but 12-18 are far too big. We have ended up buying tops and bottoms separately and using socks to keep her feet warm. We also ended up cutting the toes/feet off cheap baby grows and putting socks on for night time in particular. Now onto pjs and sleeping bags and that's helped too except she's too big for the 6-12month asda sleeping bags so onto 12-18month ones! Xx

Yup we had/have the same problem. Abigail is 8 months old and the 9-12 month baby grows are now too small but 12-18 are far too big. We have ended up buying tops and bottoms separately and using socks to keep her feet warm. We also ended up cutting the toes/feet off cheap baby grows and putting socks on for night time in particular. Now onto pjs and sleeping bags and that's helped too except she's too big for the 6-12month asda sleeping bags so onto 12-18month ones! Xx

Good to know it's not just me:us!!! ;-)
I'm going to go to tesco this week and buy a pack of 6-9's to see how they fit and like u said PJ bottoms and tops!
Good idea about cutting off the feet!! Xx

Right ladies, I'm struggling Stevie was 4 months old on the 12...his 3-6's from asda were too small after a couple of weeks, his mothercare grows are too small now (he had one on and it's the last time) and I think his next grows have a week or so left... I have some 6-8's stored mainly from next and they are way too big!! What shall I do?!?! My options (as I see them) But some asda (or similar) 6-9's and think that they will fit now till the ones we have fit Buy only PJs from now on (as his joggers and t-shirts etc all still fit!) We wash at 30*c then dry on radiators so they shouldn't be shrinking really but maybe they are. Anyone experienced similar?? I've always said shops have diff lengths but now he is going to be too small for some and too big for the others!!! It's crazy and I don't know what to do!! Xxx

I found the same with Asda. Cole is in Boots and Tesco ones which fit him far better. I've bought some separates as well and, like Susie said, put him in socks to keep his feet warm. I was Cole's at 30 and dry them on an airer so like yours they're def not shrinking xx

Hey ladies, I'm due in 18 weeks. Started buying baby grows n little outfits. I just wondered how much of things I will actually need? I have 10 sleep suits, some quite fancy so can be worn through the day. Up to 10lb. What sizes are best to get? I know every baby is different like but just a rough idea x

Hey ladies, I'm due in 18 weeks. Started buying baby grows n little outfits. I just wondered how much of things I will actually need? I have 10 sleep suits, some quite fancy so can be worn through the day. Up to 10lb. What sizes are best to get? I know every baby is different like but just a rough idea x

I got quite a few vests and sleep suits as explosive nappies and spat up milk feature a lot these days and I can change him 2-3 times a day. More the milk than the nappies though for us. A few of us have found Asda sleep suits are a bit smaller than others length wise so I'd also get some 0-3 ones too, just in case you have a long baby. Saying that, Cole weighed 7.12 and I had to go buy a few early baby bits because some newborn stuff swamped him.

I think I had about 12 vests and sleep suits in newborn and half a dozen of each in 0-3 but plenty of people bought us 0-3 sleep suits so we've got loads now :)

I've found that Asda are quite short in the body and Primark newborn stuff seemed tiny. My favourite sleep suits are his Matalan, Tesco and Boots ones.

Sarah I need yooooouuuu.....
We bought the Tommee Tippee Microwave Steriliser with the intention of using it as that.. but out microwave is too small! Doh!
So I've been n bought sterilising tabs and get that I fill it with cold water, pop in a tablet.. Put bottles etc in... Pop on tray and leave..
My Q's are:
How do I wash the bottles before they go in? In washing up liquid? Or just plain hot water???
And when I'm taking them out... Do I then rinse them in scalding water?? Or does that de-sterilise them?? Do I just take them out, let them dry.. then make up bottles???
We still have a day r 2 of premade bottles (bout a tray from the hospital before we left) so just wana know what am doing so I don't make my little lady ill...
Thanks hun xxxx

You can't have too many sleepsuits and vests! Like Sarah says, you can get through tonnes in an unlucky day. It's worth investing in some dribble bibs as well to save outfit changes due up spit ups!

I found that Asda sleepsuits were too short and wide for my long legged, skinny boy! Boots and Next sleepsuits are my favourite as they're nice and long in the leg - Next have integral scratch mitts in their sleepsuits too which are a godsend! You need a size bigger from Primark and M&S stuff is quite good too although a bit shorter in the leg than Next.

Seth was 7lb 8oz at birth and he just about fit newborn clothes :/ In fact he's 10 weeks old and still wearing a tiny baby coat and newborn vests and tops but 0-3 trousers and sleepsuits! I would say get basics now but go shopping for nice stuff once baby arrives and you know what sort of size she is :) xxx

hmm well i had tons from Jacob lol but when he was newborn we changed him atleast twice a day from been sick or something! an we only washed stuff every few days as had nowhere for everything to dry. Sorry not much use lol x

Sarah I need yooooouuuu.....
We bought the Tommee Tippee Microwave Steriliser with the intention of using it as that.. but out microwave is too small! Doh!
So I've been n bought sterilising tabs and get that I fill it with cold water, pop in a tablet.. Put bottles etc in... Pop on tray and leave..
My Q's are:
How do I wash the bottles before they go in? In washing up liquid? Or just plain hot water???
And when I'm taking them out... Do I then rinse them in scalding water?? Or does that de-sterilise them?? Do I just take them out, let them dry.. then make up bottles???
We still have a day r 2 of premade bottles (bout a tray from the hospital before we left) so just wana know what am doing so I don't make my little lady ill...
Thanks hun xxxx

i used to wash in liquid if bottles been left to sit, then rinse bubbles off... the pop in sterilizer, sterilize. leave. as id open and take them out and burn myself :/ lol but used them afterwards x

Back