Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Do you live in or near Cambridge Dougal? x
I live in Colchester, so about an hour or so away, but me and my bestie often go to Cambridge for shopping days- we love the shops there, mainly the John Lewis and the Radley shops!! X

Girls- when it comes to baby's going home outfit, what did you choose?
An actual outfit or just sleep suit, scratch mitts etc?
I'm just finishing my hospital bag and can't decide what to take for baby! (I've got so many lovely clothes for baby already!)

Definitely a sleepsuit...
I found any sort of clothes around Éabha's waist gave her really bad trapped wind.. So I would definitely recommend sticking to sleepsuits for the first couple of weeks at least...
Éabha is still in sleepsuits 99% of the time... Even lose leggings give her trapped wind and I'd hate to be the cause of her being in pain :(

Definitely a sleepsuit... I found any sort of clothes around Éabha's waist gave her really bad trapped wind.. So I would definitely recommend sticking to sleepsuits for the first couple of weeks at least... Éabha is still in sleepsuits 99% of the time... Even lose leggings give her trapped wind and I'd hate to be the cause of her being in pain :(

I was thinking a sleep suit would be better and plus we can't buy a dress or trousers and a top as we don't know what we're having!
I've got a very cute WTP sleep suit which I'm going to put baby in with a gorgeous mint green cardigan, hat and scratch mitts set that my Nan knitted :)
I think that'll make a really lovely going home outfit :)

I was thinking a sleep suit would be better and plus we can't buy a dress or trousers and a top as we don't know what we're having!
I've got a very cute WTP sleep suit which I'm going to put baby in with a gorgeous mint green cardigan, hat and scratch mitts set that my Nan knitted :)
I think that'll make a really lovely going home outfit :)
Aww... I love WTP :D Sounds PERFECT :)

Am SOOO jealous you're only packing your hospital bag... Wish it was me... Although having your LO is just amazing too.. but the last 10 weeks have past in the blink of an eye...

Aww... I love WTP :D Sounds PERFECT :) Am SOOO jealous you're only packing your hospital bag... Wish it was me... Although having your LO is just amazing too.. but the last 10 weeks have past in the blink of an eye...

:) I can't wait for my baby to be here, so ready to meet him/her :)

Right now, I know I'll miss my bump but I won't miss being pregnant!
I wonder if I'll be saying the same after baby's here??

We went with sleepsuit too. Cole is also in sleepsuits most of the time. I dress him up a bit if we go anywhere decent but other than that he's comfier in sleepsuits.

Sleep suit again here...

Jacob actually came home in a vest as he was sick on him & daddy and then him & grandad on the 2 outfits i had!!
But also first time round i had like pj set. This time it will be a proper sleepsuit.

Heres Jacob when he was around a few hours old i think or would of been around 12 hours :)
at hospital (5).jpg

Sleep suit for us as well..

Ladies how easy is it to switch formula? Do you have to do slowly or can you just swap straight over, Eva is currently on SMA gold but it seems to make her quite sickly, also what formula is good for babies that are overly sickly? X

Sleep suit for us as well.. Ladies how easy is it to switch formula? Do you have to do slowly or can you just swap straight over, Eva is currently on SMA gold but it seems to make her quite sickly, also what formula is good for babies that are overly sickly? X

I swapped Stevie from SMA gold to SMA hungry baby, back to gold, then to aptimal comfort milk, then straight into his perception milk an never had any difficulty! Good luck!! X

Sleep suit for us as well.. Ladies how easy is it to switch formula? Do you have to do slowly or can you just swap straight over, Eva is currently on SMA gold but it seems to make her quite sickly, also what formula is good for babies that are overly sickly? X

I swapped Cole from C&G normal to C&G hungry baby but did it a feed a day until after about two weeks he was on all hungry baby. It would have been quicker than two weeks but I had quote a bit of the first formula to use up. We never had any problems x

Sleep suit for us as well..

Ladies how easy is it to switch formula? Do you have to do slowly or can you just swap straight over, Eva is currently on SMA gold but it seems to make her quite sickly, also what formula is good for babies that are overly sickly? X

My sisters baby was on Aptimal and moved on to prescription milk no probs.. X

Thanks ladies, I might move her onto aptimal and see how she gets on, I don't want to be uncomfortable and throwing up out your nose and mouth every few hours can't be fun :(

Last edited:
I just want to ask: what was the first signs of you going into labour?

I have no idea what to look out for and tonight I'm getting a lot of backache, period like pains very low down and I feel a bit out of sorts?

I just want to ask: what was the first signs of you going into labour? I have no idea what to look out for and tonight I'm getting a lot of backache, period like pains very low down and I feel a bit out of sorts?

I only got as far as early labour on my own unfortunately so I'm not the best one to advise! That said, I had no signs whatsoever that my waters were about to go, it just happened when I was sat on the sofa minding my own business lol ;)

I only got as far as early labour on my own unfortunately so I'm not the best one to advise! That said, I had no signs whatsoever that my waters were about to go, it just happened when I was sat on the sofa minding my own business lol ;)
Lol that's quite scary!
I've had increased discharge and I've got a hell of a lot of pressure 'down there'- it feels like baby is really far down!

Oo wow wonder if it's time :)
Possibly, I haven't had a 'show' yet nor am I getting regular contractions, well I don't think so- I'm getting a lot of tightnings and backache and pressure but it's not the kind of pain I'd imagine was labour, but I could be wrong?!

I did just google signs of labour and it says that backache and pressure to go to the toilet are signs and not every woman gets a 'show' but it's the contractions that are the main thing.
And I'm now gonna stay off google, just in case I scare myself lol x

Back