Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I've a friend who's a midwife and she's always putting on FB that they are more than happy for people to go in. Like the others have said, it can't hurt to go in and get checked. They really don't mind. When I was being induced, at one point, the other three beds in the room were people just on the monitors. Didn't last long, they were gone in half an hour then I was on my own again ;) but the midwives were happy to check them and because it was dinner time they all got fed too!!xx

Thanks girls- I think I'm gonna give the hospital a call. I'm sure baby's fine but it's making me anxious and I'd rather know for sure.
Yeh every time I've been in (usually for sickness) they've been excellent, nothing was too much trouble and I got fed :)

Just as I posted that, my iPad started jumping about- baby's awake :) but I'm still gonna ring them, after all, baby has been a lot quieter in the last 24 hours x

I know what you mean by fidget baby! Lol.this one goes crazy,so if he stops the usual pattern I'd go to get checked.
Doesn't harm just to have a listen into baby for a hour to make sure all is ok. Xx

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

My baby has been active every day from when I was felt the first kick. So active we started calling it fidget :)
But yesterday was first day where I didn't feel anything for most of the day, got an occasional flutter but nothing like normal. And no movements last night once in bed, it's normally going bonkers then. And so far nothing today....
Still getting the lower back pain and period pain, hubby said ring MW if I'm concerned about baby, but I know they'll want me to go straight into hospital and I'd feel really silly if it was for nothing.
I don't know what to do?
I just wish these pains would either turn into something or go away completely x

Dougal it's completely u to I but I would 100% head n there. Just to b sure everything is ok. Am sure it is. Hopefully baby is resting so it has energy for its big journey to the big bad world but never feel silly about worrying for ur babies safety xxx

My midwife always made a point of saying that movements can change towards the end but should never slow down. I went in a few times with reduced movements and was always reassured that I'd done the right thing. Let us know how you get on xxx

Suzie or anyone who may know...

I'm constantly feeling light headed... Like I know I'm exhausted anyway from not doing anything with been 35+4.

I've just washed pots from last night and I've had to come sit down with feeling light headed and abit like wow :/
I saw consultant week today and bp was fine, urine was fine.. he checked results from blood test but last bloods I had were 28weeks!!

I've mentioned it a few times, but just get fobbed off with 'everything looks fine' xx

Suzie or anyone who may know... I'm constantly feeling light headed... Like I know I'm exhausted anyway from not doing anything with been 35+4. I've just washed pots from last night and I've had to come sit down with feeling light headed and abit like wow :/ I saw consultant week today and bp was fine, urine was fine.. he checked results from blood test but last bloods I had were 28weeks!! I've mentioned it a few times, but just get fobbed off with 'everything looks fine' xx Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Thats what I was like until about 30 weeks and it was all to do with my diabetes. I know you haven't got it but you could have low blood sugars? If I went like that I had to have a small glass of full fat coke or a handful of jelly babies. X

Suzie or anyone who may know... I'm constantly feeling light headed... Like I know I'm exhausted anyway from not doing anything with been 35+4. I've just washed pots from last night and I've had to come sit down with feeling light headed and abit like wow :/ I saw consultant week today and bp was fine, urine was fine.. he checked results from blood test but last bloods I had were 28weeks!! I've mentioned it a few times, but just get fobbed off with 'everything looks fine' xx Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Sounds like it could be low iron if your BP is ok. I had low iron in pregnancy and again after Seth was born and it's that horrible drained and dizzy feeling. I'd get yourself checked out at any rate just in case xxx

Yes I've eaten.it was my excuse for the other few weeks of April as I was eating junk to get the sugar intake as felt terrible...
Bp said if fine as im on asprin to keep it ok.
I am at midwives on the 13th... Been taking vitamins that help tiredness too.

Would you say to request bloods to be done since it's been almost 7 weeks ago I had them. And I'd day been like this approx 4 weeks xx

Thanks ladies :)

Well I took your advice and popped in to the hospital to be checked over- baby is fine, it perked up as soon as the monitor went on, little bugger :)
And was very active, in fact MW said I think we've got a live wire here :)
I am getting 'tightenings', had a few contractions whilst on monitor but they aren't regular or painful so after checking everything else (waters haven't broken, no show), MW has said I'm in early labour but it could still be a while so lots of rest for me and if movement reduces again, to go back in.
I got a nice cuppa tea and to listen to baby jumping about like a loony in there and all's well, so I'm much happier x

Jess- I get that light headed feeling quite often and when I had my 28 week blood test my iron levels were low but not low enough to worry about (i.e tablets).
MW told me if I'm feeling like that, to eat something sugary and it always seems to work.
I had blood test again at 34 weeks and there was no change so they're not worried.
I'd def ask for a blood test just to make sure x

Thanks ladies :)

Well I took your advice and popped in to the hospital to be checked over- baby is fine, it perked up as soon as the monitor went on, little bugger :)
And was very active, in fact MW said I think we've got a live wire here :)
I am getting 'tightenings', had a few contractions whilst on monitor but they aren't regular or painful so after checking everything else (waters haven't broken, no show), MW has said I'm in early labour but it could still be a while so lots of rest for me and if movement reduces again, to go back in.
I got a nice cuppa tea and to listen to baby jumping about like a loony in there and all's well, so I'm much happier x

Great news hun. Glad u went n got checked. Just to be safe :)
Hopefully baby Baker will be here over the weekend :)

Hoping Susie can advise!

I had a c section 11 weeks ago and today I did 25 mins of walking / running on treadmill which is the first proper exercise I've done.

Just now I thought I'd peed myself a little bit but when I went to toilet it was bright red blood. It's still bleeding but not overly heavy?!

I was on cerazette until Monday for contraception but off it as can't find it anywhere but don't think it's a period as it's bright red not dark?!

I'd go see the doctor.. It could be cause of the exercise? But def check with doctor :)

Great news hun. Glad u went n got checked. Just to be safe :)
Hopefully baby Baker will be here over the weekend :)
Hopefully but I reckon it'll be a little while longer- but you never know, depends when baby Baker is ready :)

Yes I've eaten.it was my excuse for the other few weeks of April as I was eating junk to get the sugar intake as felt terrible... Bp said if fine as im on asprin to keep it ok. I am at midwives on the 13th... Been taking vitamins that help tiredness too. Would you say to request bloods to be done since it's been almost 7 weeks ago I had them. And I'd day been like this approx 4 weeks xx Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

I would definitely ask them! I had bloods done at 36 weeks but not sure if that was just because I had low iron already? Can't hurt to ask though xxx

Thanks ladies :) Well I took your advice and popped in to the hospital to be checked over- baby is fine, it perked up as soon as the monitor went on, little bugger :) And was very active, in fact MW said I think we've got a live wire here :) I am getting 'tightenings', had a few contractions whilst on monitor but they aren't regular or painful so after checking everything else (waters haven't broken, no show), MW has said I'm in early labour but it could still be a while so lots of rest for me and if movement reduces again, to go back in. I got a nice cuppa tea and to listen to baby jumping about like a loony in there and all's well, so I'm much happier x

Yay! Glad to hear all is well :D xxx

Back